Wedding Invitations & Paper

necessary?

I am debating if programs for the ceremony are really a necessity at this point. We are on a budget ( who isn't) but we have connections at a printing company and can get them for a good price. But do people really care who is in the line up or what the processional is etc etc?

We are outside by the lake so obviously worried about them blowing away and creating litter everywhere. we aren't having ushers because we have been together 13 years and have the same group of friends and our families aren't large. its a pick a seat, not a side situation.

Can i save the paper and my time and skip this? what are your opinions on this.

Thank you!!

Re: necessary?

• Save paper and money. Programs aren't necessary.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Don't worry about doing them at all. I'd print one or two for a keepsake type item if you want, but I wouldn't print up a ton for your guests. Either they won't take them, or they'll throw them away, and it'll end up being a big waste of time, money, and effort on your part. I printed programs for my ceremony and honestly wish I hadn't. I was left with nearly all of them at the end of day and only wanted to keep one for my wedding shadow box.

• I think they are a waste.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Unless you are having a very detailed/different wedding ceremony, or a ceremony in another language where translation is needed, then programs are not necessary.

• Great advice! I will be skipping them!! Thanks all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards