Not Engaged Yet

Travel

2»

Re: Travel

• @TwoDimes We could have actually met, depending on where you trained. I had "vet" status for three years, so I did the training every spring semester on Wednesday nights.
  • caseface5 said:
    jenna8984 said:

Where is your next trip? Minneapolis to surprise my family with BF for Thanksgiving! I haven't seen them in 5 years so it's gonna be HUGE. I am TRYING to convince BF that instead of presents for our anniversary this year we should spend a weekend in Boston. I've never been there, our anniversary is in September and my boss said I can request off any weekend except the first one so I am REALLY trying, but he's not budging yet lol.

Make this happen!! It's amazing here in Sept!!!
    YES!
    I'm trying!! He HATES planning things but I wanna go SO bad so I'm really annoying about it lmao
  • AlPacina said:
    AlPacina said:

@jenna8984 - I spoke exclusively French in Paris and they were still assholes to me. Might as well just stumble your way through in English. They'll still be stuck up. ;)

Where is your next trip? No plans. This depresses the shit out of me.

Where are some of your favorite places/destinations? Why did you love it there? Number one is Costa Rica, because the people are awesome, it's inexpensive, the weather is fabulous, and monkeys are EVERYWHERE. Other trips that have stuck out in my mind are the Redwoods in northern California, Yosemite National Park, British Columbia, and Mount Rushmore for their beauty.

I want to say I loved South Korea, but I think I mostly loved the food. I wasn't a huge fan of anything else. Too many cultural differences, I think.

Where are some places that you are dying to go? Ireland, Alaska, China, New Zealand, Greece, and French Polynesia.

Don't you also want to meet me here for a weekend?? CannaCamp

Hahaha! I'd go, but don't expect me to find any motivation to hike or bike or whatever. If it was like "Come to CannaCamp and binge watch Netflix and eat popcorn!" that would make more sense. ;)
    They do also run a bed & breakfast, complete with wake & bakes. Just sayin'.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• AlPacina said:
    AlPacina said:

@jenna8984 - I spoke exclusively French in Paris and they were still assholes to me. Might as well just stumble your way through in English. They'll still be stuck up. ;)

Where is your next trip? No plans. This depresses the shit out of me.

Where are some of your favorite places/destinations? Why did you love it there? Number one is Costa Rica, because the people are awesome, it's inexpensive, the weather is fabulous, and monkeys are EVERYWHERE. Other trips that have stuck out in my mind are the Redwoods in northern California, Yosemite National Park, British Columbia, and Mount Rushmore for their beauty.

I want to say I loved South Korea, but I think I mostly loved the food. I wasn't a huge fan of anything else. Too many cultural differences, I think.

Where are some places that you are dying to go? Ireland, Alaska, China, New Zealand, Greece, and French Polynesia.

Don't you also want to meet me here for a weekend?? CannaCamp

Hahaha! I'd go, but don't expect me to find any motivation to hike or bike or whatever. If it was like "Come to CannaCamp and binge watch Netflix and eat popcorn!" that would make more sense. ;)
    They do also run a bed & breakfast, complete with wake & bakes. Just sayin'.
    In college, my roommates and I would start off our Saturday morning by ordering Baconators at Wendy's, then smoking out and eating them..... We called them Wake n Baconators.

• TwoDimes said:
    @TwoDimes We could have actually met, depending on where you trained. I had "vet" status for three years, so I did the training every spring semester on Wednesday nights.
    @thespeshulestsnowflake, I was thinking that too. I also had vet status for three years. I was a director once and supposed to be a PC in Germany my last year, but I took a job after I graduated instead. I trained at University of Iowa and frequently traveled to the headquarters at University of Northern Iowa to train there for the weekend events and to visit friends.

Edited because there =/= their
    Ah again nope. So close! I trained at The University of Toledo. I was supposed to go out again after my junior year and ended up not. Then my senior year I could have, but thought I would have a job. I ended up need to work on my honors thesis anyways.
  • Where is your next trip? 

South Africa

Where are some of your favorite places/ destinations? Why did you love it there?

H and I went to South Africa on our HM and it was amazing, which is why we're going back. There's so much wildlife which is a big draw for both of us. Being able to experience sharks and the Big Five in their natural habitat is just incredible. 

I never had any interest in Germany but 6 years ago (today, actually!) I won a trip to Berlin through Metro newspaper so H and I went and fell in love with that city. We loved the food and the people and learned so much more in person than we did in textbooks. 

Where are some places that you are dying to go? 

The Grand Canyon, Alaska, Hawaii, Ireland, Greece, Italy, Australia

• Where is your next trip? Barrie in November for a work thing and Punta Cana in February for our honeymoon

Where are some of your favorite places/ destinations? Why did you love it there? I enjoyed our resort in Mexico, and would like to check out Mexico again. Very airy, and the staff were great. Couldn't help but laugh, anyone who wasn't native to Mexico had the same story. "Fell in love with Mexican girl, stayed."

Where are some places that you are dying to go?
    Hawaii, Western/Eastern Canada, NYC, L.A, Europe .... there's a lot lol

• Where is your next trip? Rome in October, Paris in February, Vegas and Disney in March for our wedding and honeymoon :-)

Where are some of your favorite places/ destinations? Why did you love it there? Vienna, Austria, I used to live there and go back every year to visit, it is such a stunning place, and so cultured. 

Where are some places that you are dying to go? Too many places to mention but Japan is high on the list. Also want to walk the Inca trail to Machu Picchu.

• @swazzle when is your SA trip? Are you staying at the same places or different?

@nicemarmot I did the Inca Trail it was incredible!

• @jenna8984 - We leave August 27th and get home September 5th. We're staying at different places for both: A different hotel in Cape Town and a totally different part of the country for the safari. We stayed at a private game reserve in Kruger National Park on our HM and this time, we're staying at a private game reserve near Port Elizabeth.

• @jenna8984 ooh, exciting! How tough was it? Were you super fit? Did you struggle with the altiture?
  • Where is your next trip? I'm going to be out of the country for most of August.  First I'm spending a week in Oxford, England, because I'm giving a paper at a major international conference there.  Then I'm flying to Israel for two weeks to do a research trip.

Where are some of your favorite places/ destinations? Why did you love it there? I loved Prague and Croatia, and I enjoy Turkey.  I would like to go back to Vienna and Scotland and Ireland; I didn't spend long enough in them, but I enjoyed what time I did spend there.  I also liked Spain and Switzerland especially.  I want to go back and spend more time in all the places!

Where are some places that you are dying to go? My top two are probably Egypt and Denmark.

• @nicemarmot I was probably in the best shape I've been in, as I trained for a half marathon at the same time. But the altitude did get to me! I have never felt like I couldn't breathe until hiking there. It wasn't unbearable or anything, I still kept moving but I wasn't as nimble as I was running at home. My best friend on the other hand has never worked out in her life, she has never run or hiked anything and she was completely fine, the altitude didn't hit her at all! But it was definitely worth it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards