Attire & Accessories Forum

Wedding Sneakers?

Hi all!

I am looking for cute wedding sneakers (I refuse to be hobbled the night of my wedding).  I was even considering a pair of running shoes with satin laces if I couldnt find ones I liked.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Sneakers?

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    One of my friends wore a pair of white chucks under her wedding dress and her H wore a matching pair with his suit. It was pretty adorable and you didn't even notice her shoes in the pictures unless she was lifting her dress up on purpose.

• I am wearing chucks in teal which is the colour of dress the bridesmaids are wearing. No one can see my shoes under my dress so I figured comfort was more important. Plus it will make for some cute pictures when I lift my dress. I am only 5 feet tall and I never wear heels so I think people will expect me to be wearing some sort of flat/sneaker and rocking my shortness.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Why not go with some comfy sandals or ballet flats?  To be honest, I think super casual shoes with a wedding dress (unless you are getting married in shorts and a t-shirt or something, which would be fine and dandy) do not go whatsoever and is very overdone.  
  • When you said running shoes all I could think of was Julia Roberts/Runaway Bride lol.
  • My daughter wore white ballet slippers at her wedding.  She had no trouble dancing!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I wore these in white: CLICKY

I made 2 mistakes:

1. Not breaking them in (brand new)
    2. Not wearing socks or *something* other than bare feet.  HOLY BLISTER.  

I didn't really care if they didn't "go", it's a perfect reflection of my style.  
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I was determined to wear my favorite pair of flats. They were cute and comfy. But my mom hated them and bought me a pretty,  lace-y, white pair of ballet flats to wear and they were so uncomfortable! I ended up barefoot at the reception.

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I wore Nike running shoes for the reception. You couldn't see them under the dress. H had Nike shoes too that we had specially designed and had a Groom on one shoe and our wedding date on the other ( we are runners so it fit us and they're comfy)
  • I like the idea. You can't see the shoes so who cares what you wear under there? I'm even considering Ugg-type boots or slippers. Toms, running shoes, chucks, vans, could all work.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Go for comfort and for something you'll wear again. My biggest regret was buying a pair of $70 shoes that my feet hurt in and I'll never wear again because they were bridal shoes & there was no hiding it either. I wish I would have gone with my original plan of some birkenstocks & then blinged them out, I would have been so happy all day long.
  • I say wear what you are comfortable in, unless your dress is short you won't see them anyways, I can't say I have ever been at a wedding where I remembered what the bride's shoes looked like? I'm in your same boat, I plan on being comfortable and I'm getting married in the middle of winter so tacky or not I'm wearing ankle boots under a ball gown.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Absolutely wear something that's comfortable! Just make sure that you break them in so they're not killing you. Also, if you plan on dancing, consider that most athletic-type shoes are not made for that and may give you too much traction on a hardwood floor. They might also be squeaky!

I will be wearing a pair of sparkly silver ballroom dance shoes that I have been wearing to dance classes for a few months now. I feel very comfortable in them, which is the most important part.
  • tj&cwtj&cw member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I have a pair of Aqua (wedding color) converse that a friend embroidered my wedding date on them going to put them on for the recepection  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can wear those sneakers with the cute little wedges! 
  • I bought cute lace flats because

1. My ceremony is outside and heels sink in.
    2. I refuse to have sore feet on my wedding day

I say wear what your comfy in and what's a good reflection of your personality! :)
  • Absolutely wear something that's comfortable! Just make sure that you break them in so they're not killing you. Also, if you plan on dancing, consider that most athletic-type shoes are not made for that and may give you too much traction on a hardwood floor. They might also be squeaky!

I will be wearing a pair of sparkly silver ballroom dance shoes that I have been wearing to dance classes for a few months now. I feel very comfortable in them, which is the most important part.
    I'm wearing ballroom dance shoes too, so comfy! And sparkly!
  • I like the idea of ballet slippers.  I think sneakers will be very comfortable to walk in but they might be a little difficult to dance in because of the rubber bottom.
  • kquinn5 said:

Hi all!

I am looking for cute wedding sneakers (I refuse to be hobbled the night of my wedding).  I was even considering a pair of running shoes with satin laces if I couldnt find ones I liked.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

I don't get the whole sneaker thing.  There are plenty of comfortable shoes out there - flats, strappy sandals, etc. Comfort isn't just sneakers.  

I feel one of the nicest and most expensive dresses you'll probably ever wear deserves something a little nicer and classier than keds or whatever.  But hey, whatever floats your boat.
  • We decided at the very beginning that it wasn't worth it to us to buy a pair of dressy shoes we both hated and would probably never wear again... so we agreed that we'd get something we could easily get some use out of after the big day.. and even on our Disneymoon! We opted for grey Vans for him, and white Bobs for me.

While shopping online for his shoes, however, I discovered that they made grey Vans with Mickey on them... and actually cream colored ones with Minnie! So that's what we've got. We're tossing in subtle hints of Disney here and there anyway... so the shoes will just be a cute touch. (His will be more obvious of course.. but he's also got sparkly Mickey cufflinks... sooo... it'll work!)

My matron of honor claims she plans to wear her motorcycle boots... lol... we'll see about that one!
  • labro said:
    One of my friends wore a pair of white chucks under her wedding dress and her H wore a matching pair with his suit. It was pretty adorable and you didn't even notice her shoes in the pictures unless she was lifting her dress up on purpose.
    ^This. I've seen the wedding Converse look pulled off so well.
  • I wore flamingo print vans.  They have endless colors and patterns!

Bonus: The weather was atrocious and I was thrilled to have mostly dry feet!image

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• luckya23 said:

I wore flamingo print vans.  They have endless colors and patterns!

Bonus: The weather was atrocious and I was thrilled to have mostly dry feet!image

I LOVE those!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• luckya23 said:

I wore flamingo print vans.  They have endless colors and patterns!

we wore running shoes (running is a big part of "us") and I know I remember telling the photographer I wanted a pic like yours with my dress lifted up and my shoes showing but I didn't get one. I think we talked about it when I was getting ready but never actually did it.  I'm still bummed about it

• I bought white converse to wear! I know it's kind of over done but I don't care they will be comfortable! I wore them in some of our engagement pictures too, and will wear them after the wedding. 
  • kquinn5 said:

Hi all!

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Dead Fresh do lovely ones, I will be using them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards