New York-New York City

Central Park Boathouse vs. Current at Chelsea Piers

Hi everyone! I need help deciding between these two venues. We are looking to have about 165 guests.  Uniqueness of the venue and food are most important to us.  I know that there are a lot of good reviews about the Boathouse but since the Current at Chelsea Piers is so new there are not any reviews out yet.  I would expect that the food at Current to be good because it is an Abigail Kirsch venue. 

Central Park Boathouse: classic and elegant, not sure about the abundance and variety of food since they do not include stations at the cocktail hour, did anyone feel that it was a little chaotic and touristy?, is the cocktail hour area around the garden perimeter of the venue a little tight?, transportation for guests may be an issue since they only allow transport from a certain company.

Current at Chelsea Piers: modern and chic, cool ceiling with lighting that can be adjusted, there is a terrace that has a view of a marina and the Hudson river but not as good of a view as the Lighthouse, they provide abundant food since they include some stations, not sure if it has too much of just an open empty space feel. 

I am just trying to weigh the pros and cons of each and any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards