Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Tree Watering Ceremony Help

My FH and I want to do a tree watering ceremony instead of the overused sand ceremony, but I'm having a logistics problem. We live in AZ and are moving to Oregon a few months after the wedding and I want to be able to plat the tree in our new yard. Does anyone have suggestions on plants that can stay in the pot for a while until we're ready to plant it? Thanks!!!

Re: Tree Watering Ceremony Help

• Options

If you're moving right after the wedding, a tree-watering ceremony does not sound practical for you.

Also, to be honest, the wedding ceremony itself is a "unity ceremony" and other "unity rituals" like sand ceremonies on top of the main ceremony really aren't necessary to make you "more married" or "united." If you need to fill time, you might consider adding readings or songs that you find apropos.

• Options
    My FH and I want to do a tree watering ceremony instead of the overused sand ceremony, but I'm having a logistics problem. We live in AZ and are moving to Oregon a few months after the wedding and I want to be able to plat the tree in our new yard. Does anyone have suggestions on plants that can stay in the pot for a while until we're ready to plant it? Thanks!!!
    Have a personal tree planting/watering ceremony in your new home after you move.  Like Jen said, your entire wedding is a unity ceremony, no need to overdo it.
  • Options
    We are doing the tree watering ceremony and will be making our tree into a bonsai tree that we keep in a pot since we are currently renting and even when we move next year it's not where we plan to be in 5-10 years. Maybe at that point we'll choose to plant it and let it grow but I've always loved bonsai trees anyways. 

If you do want to plant it in your new yard in Oregon I'd find a tree that grows well there and it's only a couple of months so I think if you keep it inside in AZ you should be fine. You could talk to a local tree/plant nursery and get their opinion as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards