Flowers
Options

Who Gets Flowers?

Do I have to get boutonnieres and corsages for our parents/step parents or can I just get flowers for the bridal party? We are not getting flowers for the grandparents. I am trying to save money and I am trying to avoid causing more issues with our parents than there already are.

Re: Who Gets Flowers?

• Options
    While you don't have to get them flowers, I personally would.  These are your parents and VIP guests.  It is just a nice gesture.

Why would getting them flowers cause an issue?

• Options
    It would cause issues because there are certain family members that we do not get along with and do not speak with/see. It would make my mother and his mother upset by getting their ex-husbands (his father and my father) flowers. I also personally do not want to honor my father because he has done some bad things to my mother and brother.

We are not getting grandparents flowers at all because only his paternal grandparents are even invited and even then he doesn't really see them often.
  • Options
    It would cause issues because there are certain family members that we do not get along with and do not speak with/see. It would make my mother and his mother upset by getting their ex-husbands (his father and my father) flowers. I also personally do not want to honor my father because he has done some bad things to my mother and brother.

We are not getting grandparents flowers at all because only his paternal grandparents are even invited and even then he doesn't really see them often.
    Are the bolded people invited?  If so, why?  If you don't get along with them or speak/see them then why would they be invited?

• Options
    They are invited because those bolded people are our dads.
  • Options
    They are invited because those bolded people are our dads.
    So you are inviting them just because they are your Dads, even though you do not get along with them or speak to them.  You know it is perfectly acceptable to not invite them to your wedding if you do not have a relationship with them.  Just because they share your DNA does not mean that you are required to invite them.

But in regards to flowers, I would forgo all parent flowers.  Because if you just get the Mothers flowers and not the Dads there will be drama and in the end will just make you and your FI look bad.

• Options
    Given the potential for serious drama - yea - forgo...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards