New Jersey

Thoughts Grand Marquis, NJ

Hi all, I was hoping people could share their experiences with the Grand Marquis. I have been trying to get I touch with no luck for two days. Any ideas about cost per person? I am hoping for December 2017.

Re: Thoughts Grand Marquis, NJ

• I reached out to them in January about June 2016 - I will PM you the woman's e-mail address if you would like. Her name is Victoria and she was very friendly via e-mail. She would not give pricing unless you took a tour and I personally am not a fan of where Grand Marquis is located (far from decent hotels, on Rt 9, distance from my church, etc) so I never went. I hear it is wonderful since their renovations but also on the pricey side  - although I'm sure it would be much less for a December wedding. Also keep in mind that they may not be booking so far in advance yet. Good luck!
  • I saw it before the renovations and it wasn't enough for me but they gave me a good price (this was almost 2 years ago). I ended up booking elsewhere but I recently saw pictures of the newly renovated place and it looks amazing!
  • Hey I went there last week to look at the venue ( I didn't know they recently did renovations & are STILL planning to due renovations that will be done early next year) I asked for a Friday night wedding with 85-100 people in November 2016 and they want $200 a person (tax & gratuity included)  if we book 85 people. They said they usually guarantee a minimum of 100 people per event and would charge us $190 per person tax & gratuity included. The place was really beautiful but way out of budget and I wasn't a fan of how they made it seem like your event isn't as important unless you have a very large guest list. 

HAPPY WEDDING PLANNING! :) 

• We went back in November to look there, it was gorgeous! They treated us extremely well on our first visit, they brought drinks and apps to snack on while we discussed prices. The girls name I believe was Victoria (not 100% on that) but she followed up with us often, I am surprised you have not heard back. The renovations are amazing so far and they are doing more. We didn't have a set date in mind and i think the cheapest we could get down to started at $165pp for a Friday night in March. That was out of our budget but it was very pretty, I just didn't love the location.
    We ended up booking at The Palace at Somerset Park :)
    Good Luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards