Wedding Reception Forum
Options

People leaving early and alcohol

edited July 2015 in Wedding Reception Forum
Our wedding site is dry location, but we are planning an after-party at another location. We are doing all of the wedding related activities (hosting a dinner/cake cutting/exit etc.) at the wedding location. The after-party would consist of us socializing with our guests, having drinks, a bonfire, snacks, and lawn games.

We know for sure that FI's family will not be joining us at the after-party - they are the reason for the dry location and will not be thrilled that we are even planning an after-party, let alone willing to show up. We are also anticipating the many of our older guests and ones with small children will go home after dinner and not travel to the second location, but we are inviting and hosting anyone invited to the wedding.

My question is how do we decide how much we need to buy in terms of alcohol and food for the after party?

My friend suggested I put something on the RSVP cards to have guests indicate if they plan on coming to the after-party, but my sister says that will make people think they can wait and just come to the party.

I don't want to be rude, but I also don't want to spend the money for 200 people and only have 25 show up. Suggestions? Ideas? Suck it up and prepare for everyone?

ETF: typos

Re: People leaving early and alcohol

• Options
    IMO - those who are going to get mad are going to no matter what.  Have the RSVP's be combined if you're that concerned...
  • Options
    scribe95 said:

I think you simply have a separate RSVP for the after party. 

This. I would include another RSVP card (or another line on your current card) about the party.

Example:

"We will also be hosting an after party with drinks, a bonfire and lawn games for all guests at ______ immediately following the reception and ending at 11pm. Please indicate if you plan to attend.

___ accepts
    ___ declines"
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I think you simply have a separate RSVP for the after party. 
    This. I would include another RSVP card (or another line on your current card) about the party. Example: "We will also be hosting an after party with drinks, a bonfire and lawn games for all guests at ______ immediately following the reception and ending at 11pm. Please indicate if you plan to attend. ___ accepts ___ declines"
    I agree.  Treat the after party as a separate event with a separate RSVP.
  • Options
    Yeah, FI and I made our peace with the fact that his family was going to disapprove before we secured the location for the after party.

Thanks for the suggestion of making it a separate RSVP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards