Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

When to send 'thank you for attending notes' if no gift yet?

2»

Re: When to send 'thank you for attending notes' if no gift yet?

• wow wow wee wow.
     that is all i have to say about this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • >>
    The reception is the thank you for attending.  You don't need to send a thank you card if they did not get you a gift.
    Posted by navybaby1113

This exactly.   Yes exactly.  You already thanked people for attending.  IF they get you a gift, THEN you send a TY for that gift.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_send-thank-attending-notes-gift-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:d99e5b5b-f835-4c81-bfb6-0d0dcb25c29ePost:5a2682aa-5dc0-42a0-8214-51d3da565b6a">Re: When to send 'thank you for attending notes' if no gift yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When to send 'thank you for attending notes' if no gift yet? : hehehe.... she compared herself to Chelsea Clinton! Let me guess... this is Barbara Bush? Because Jenna is already married... so yes, it would have to be!
    Posted by RochelleAnn2302[/QUOTE]

SMH - that was a very ignorant comment.  It was a question.  Would you go to HER wedding giftless?  Do you think people not in her financial circle were not invited?  Duh. 

Some of you have such nasty remarks against other posters --- you don't sound like happy brides. If a person is annoyed at their guest, that's their annoyance. But, for you to be so uptight with someone who doesn't agree is really sad.  I only came to this board because another board commented on you ladies behavior. 

The post is about having the COURTESY to bring a gift o celebrate a couple by sending a gift.  And in return the courtesy is given to send a thank you card.

I vote, no gift, no card.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_send-thank-attending-notes-gift-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:d99e5b5b-f835-4c81-bfb6-0d0dcb25c29ePost:d7e91eff-9020-4a34-a2cf-e09e91960e1f">Re: When to send 'thank you for attending notes' if no gift yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When to send 'thank you for attending notes' if no gift yet? : SMH - that was a very ignorant comment.  It was a question.  Would you go to HER wedding giftless?  Do you think people not in her financial circle were not invited?  Duh.  Some of you have such nasty remarks against other posters --- you don't sound like happy brides. If a person is annoyed at their guest, that's their annoyance. But, for you to be so uptight with someone who doesn't agree is really sad.  I only came to this board because another board commented on you ladies behavior.  The post is about having the COURTESY to bring a gift o celebrate a couple by sending a gift.  And in return the courtesy is given to send a thank you card. I vote, no gift, no card.  
    Posted by prusgirl[/QUOTE]

I made no comment about sending a card or not when a gift was not received, only laughing at someone having the audacity to compare themselves to the daughter of an American president.... seems a little self-absorbed! And I think the point most people who have commented on this point were trying to make is you are probably not a friend worth getting a gift for if you are going to un-friend someone because they didn't get you a gift.
    ~basquing in the wedded bliss~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_send-thank-attending-notes-gift-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:d99e5b5b-f835-4c81-bfb6-0d0dcb25c29ePost:f5e30e49-e51c-4c04-9dcb-e743d856b08f">Re: When to send 'thank you for attending notes' if no gift yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]"hehehe.... she compared herself to Chelsea Clinton! Let me guess... this is Barbara Bush? Because Jenna is already married... so yes, it would have to be!" BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! LOL!!!! I almost fell out of my chair! HAH.. Chelsea Clinton, really!??
    Posted by lisaD26[/QUOTE]

I had been off this board for awhile my professional life took an amazing upswing. 
    Sorry OP but, this should be said.  I read on another board that referred to some posters as "bitter, young, girls."  And in reading many of your responses to my lifestyle, I concur; bitter and quite envious.

This string does one great thing for me, it reminds me of what I wonderful like I have. If that's bragging...I will.  And, I do live 15 minutes from Clinton family.  In your brilliance poster, I am referencing I am not comparing myself.  I am asking...would you show up to her wedding with no gift?  She would send you a card for coming but, you probably wouldn't get invited to other things.

And anyone who is willing to wish someone they don't know to be "kicked" out of something. You really have issues.  I could be just as petty but, who has that kinda time.

You should be happy you are newly married.  And when people don't agree with you...grow up.  Life is so much more than that.

And for those of you who believe 100k is rich - WOW. 
  • I think it sounds ridiculous to send a thank you note for attending your wedding.  

You send thank you notes for gifts.   However, if you think their presence at your wedding was in fact a gift (ie friend traveled all the way from Cali to see you marry without a gift given), then I'd write one. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards