Registry and Gift Forum

How long to gifts keep coming in?

We got married last weekend, and there are still a lot of gifts on our registry, as well as guests who haven't sent gifts. I know how this sounds, so I want to make it clear that I am grateful for every gift and understanding of the fact that not everyone can send a gift (I've been invited to weddings at times where I could not afford to send one). I'm not grumpy about not getting the items, I'm just wondering when we should go ahead and start buying the items we didn't receive. We have a small completion discount at each store for a limited time. Many items that belong as a set have not been completed, so I really do want to make sure we complete the sets. I'd even return some of the stand-alone items (like vases or platters) in order complete the sets (like dishes, glasses, and silverware).

So my question is for people who have been married -- for how long did wedding gifts continue to trickle in? Do people pretty much forget about it once the event is over? Or do things arrive over several months?

Re: How long to gifts keep coming in?

• We didn't get anything after the wedding.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We didn't get anything after either.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I got married last May. The last wedding gift we received was in February, but that wasn't something from the registry. The last time someone bought something off the registry was in December, for Christmas. I did have someone tell me this May, "I still haven't gotten you your wedding present yet!", but I'm not expecting anything to come of that.

After our wedding, I waited about 2 months to use my completion discounts. At Macy's, you can combine it with the sales, so I watched prices for a while and returned some things before I used all the gift cards and completion discounts
  • We got nothing after the wedding.
  • We got several items since our May wedding. We also used our discounts and combined sales on registry items that we needed more quickly. Since we have received additional stuff, I have added a few low cost items in case some guests are still planning on sending something. Bloomingdales will keep your registry active forever, as long as you buy an item or add an item over the course of a year. So, keep that in mind for discounts on future big ticket items (especially during their bi-annual 20% off registry sale combined with loyalist power points.
  • I would go ahead and  get what you want while the registry discounts have their full value.  We received one or two gifts after the fact but they were both small and off-registry.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards