Chit Chat
Options

Monday

How was your weekend?
DH and I are finally taking our honeymoon! A year later!

Saturday we got up at 4 am, went to the airport and took a 6:30 am flight. Landed in West Palm Beach around noon. Spent the rest of the day getting settled in and spending some alone time.

You know what's more magical than being on the beach? Being the only two on the beach during a rain storm.

Sunday was a little more blah. We had to attend a timeshare sales pitch. Because we kept turning them down they kept us for 4 hours and we lost half our day. After that I called the rental car company to see what to do about the coolant light coming on. They said drop it off and exchange it. The phone call was maybe 5 minutes including wait time. Finding the drop off location, waiting in line, and then having to go move the car, then wait in line again was ridiculous.

We rushed back to the resort to get ready for our murder mystery dinner at a local club. Theme masquerade. I got to wear my wedding dress again! DH dressed in all black because he didn't want to wear a tux. Not many people we dressed. It was a good waste of time, but I don't think I would suggest it to anyone unless they lowered their ticket prices. The quality of the food could have been MUCH better for what we paid.

Today will be beach, pool, maybe some shopping.
Anniversary

Re: Monday

• Options
    Weekend was fun. Had a great time Saturday night going out with friends and lounging around alllllllllll day yesterday. I was going to go shopping today, but it's'so gloomy like it's going to rain, and I'm like Rain Man that way.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I'm writing a paper today.  :(  I still need to read a bunch of research too, so I can add it in.  I need to get going.  

Sounds like you've been having a good time so far.  I'm dry jealous that you're at the beach.  I might do some writing out on the back deck this afternoon

• Options
    Booh for writing papers, @WinstonsGirl !
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I am dog sitting for DH's parents this week while they are on vacation.  Fact is, its his sister's dog and when she moved out the go never went with her. I've been doing this since we started dating since I'm the one with summers off.  Drives me nuts, but I love his parents and I love that dog.  Though I did tell DH that next summer things are going to be different because there will be a baby in the mix.

Went to a family graduation party this weekend, saw someone that I knew was going to be there and I knew was going to come up to me but when it happened it still caught me off guard and I had a semi breakdown at the event, but on the drive home I had a full breakdown and I want nothing more than to tell me family off right now, but that might just be the pregnancy hormones right now.

Other than that, DH and I had a nice relaxing weekend.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We had a great weekend at the beach, but it went by way too fast.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Had a very successful day of estate sale-ing with the MOH.  We were on the hunt for teacups/saucers to use for my shower next weekend.  Found one that had the entire house 50% off, so got a bunch for $2.50.  Then found another one where they were selling them for $1.00.  I felt a bit guilty as they're gorgeous and I'm sure worth way more than a dollar, but I guess they just wanted to get rid of them.  

Afterwards FI and I hung out at the neighbors house, he's our landscaper too so he of course has an awesome backyard with firepit.  Our yard is dirt and pea gravel.

Sunday was cleaning and laundry, mom shows up tomorrow so wanted to make sure the house looks nice for both her and the shower this weekend.  Even the dogs got a bath (which is almost pointless cause they go outside and lay in the aforementioned dirt and pea gravel).
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    We had a good weekend. 

Friday night I went to my mom's and DH went fishing with some buddies at the lake. DH had to work this weekend so I told him to not be out too late. Well I get home around 11 and DH is still not home. I called him and he said they were heading to the dock then. Well apparently the boat broke down on the way there...in the middle of the lake. It was close to one before he got home. Cue Saturday morning at 3:45 me trying to wake DH up. he finally gets up and I go lay on the couch. Next thing I know, it's 5:15 and DH is asleep in the chair! He has to be at work at 5:30 and we live 45 minutes away. Luckily, another guy had keys and could get everyone started. He won't ever make that mistake again.

Saturday was full of laundry and naps. DH was going to mow the yard but a friend surprised us on Friday and mowed it for us! 

Yesterday I went to work with DH. He works on a golf course and I was helping him check greens. It actually wasn't unbearable hot and we had a good time. Then I cooked wings last night and have the leftovers for lunch today.

• Options
    Oh also we got our first RSVP for the wedding, an actual person that isn't family!  Yay!  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Oh also we got our first RSVP for the wedding, an actual person that isn't family!  Yay!  
    Our first was my mom's next door neighbors who I didn't even want to invite.  They were there (3 hrs away) with bells on! lol

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Did a bunch of wedding stuff while fiance was at his bachelor party. Got all invites addressed (we are stamping and sealing tonight probably), went for my first fitting, and wrote my vows.

Other than that I read and lounged; tidied the house but didn't dust / vacuum; hung two photos.

Fiance was home by 4 yesterday so we went for dinner then hung out on the couch.
  • Options
    I worked a gala on Fridays night.  It was an outside event.   I just finished pouring wine at the tables and heading back to the lodge.  I hit a wet spot on the flagstone, slipped and landed on the flagstone steps.   The right side of my body is all bruised.    Specifically, my right shin where you can see the indentation of the step (and is pretty swollen), my hip which has a 4 inch by 1.5 inch bruise and my elbow.  Which is perfectly positioned to hurt when I type or use the mouse on the computer.

All the servers saw me wipe out.   They all had plates of food and could not help.   The band saw me too.    I spent the next 1.5 hours in the GM's office with ice.    DH did feed me a filet and his take on scalloped potatoes that were leftover from the event.  Pretty damn good. 

I then had to work the next 2 days in pain.   Ugh.  I'm turning a nice shades of green, purple and blue.  Barely can sleep because apparently I do a lot of tossing and turning and it's keeping me up all night.

Good new is I SAVED THE WINE!    I barely spilled a drop. How then did not break on the flagstone is beyond. me?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    FI took the car to the dealership in the next city over (2 hours away). Since we knew we wanted to see a movie while we were there we booked a hotel room through points. Since the shop was all backed up we got a rental car and did a bunch of shopping while we waited. FI got some nice new dress shirts and a new belt using coupons and gift cards. We each got a new pair of shoes. And then we hit up the craft store and got stuff to make a pretty seating chart. FI is such a trooper and he amazes me all the time. He was so invested into figuring out the 'perfect look'. We were probably in there over an hour and he was more into it than I was. It was pretty adorable to see him being all 'if we put this with this, on a background this colour then this would really pop'

Sunday we hit up Costco before heading home. 

This week the city is hosting an Air Show and as a Pilot, FI is freaking excited. He is giddy. He's not involved in the actual show but we get VIP tickets for free to attend and sit with the pilots.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards