Not Engaged Yet

Titillating Tuesday

13»

Re: Titillating Tuesday

• @jenna8984 - I'm no expert, but everything I've read and been told (by trained professionals) is that everyone has a lower limit of calories that they should not go below. I'm also pretty sure that the Biggest Loser is first and foremost a television show. They are trying to get contestants to lose as much weight as possible in a short time, so when the person says they should eat more, what do you THINK they are going to do? Go into a long-winded explanation about their BMR? Of course not.

But by all means, if you don't believe me, eat as few calories as you want to... no skin off my back.

Now where is that Prince gif when you need it?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @labroimage

@twodimes you're almost an OMH!!!

@swazzle feel better!

@alpacina That is so exciting! Now you get to plan all the fun stuff to do in Alaska!

@bethsmiles I cosign @alpacina.  I can't see how a different job with the same place would be any better.  They have not treated you well at all. ETA good luck with the teaching interview!!! You're going to do amazing!!

Ugh been stuck in meetings all day.  My nephew is going to be born any second, I'm so excited! 

What's got you energized these days? All my energy goes into my house. I cannot wait until after it is completely finished so I can go back to having fun.  

Anyone that hasn't taken their summer vacation yet? Where are you going? We've been so focused on the house that we haven't finalized any plans.  We would like to go to Mystic for a day or two in August to meet up with my bf's best friend.  We have also talked about a beach trip, and possibly a trip to Texas. We'll see what we decide on.

You have to go out to lunch today... where do you go? I've been in the mood for a burrito. Unfortunately we don't have any good places here.  So for lunch I would road trip to Massachusetts to No Problemo for a California Burrito. 

OMG!!!! I LOVE No Problemo! We go there from time to time. It's been a while but OMG their food is so damn good! I'll have to tell BF so we can go. It's about a half hour from my house. So funny because it's such a little hole in the wall!!
    friends tv show funy
  • @cu97tiger It's not that I don't believe you, there is just so much conflicting info out there I never know what to believe. I mean Naked & Afraid (I know, again a tv show) but they are literally starving and they certainly lose weight. Their body doesn't hold onto their fat or that one lizard they eat lol. I know that's an extreme example. Also I'm in no way arguing FOR eating less than you should, I know thats not healthy and muscles and organs need proteins and calories. I was just saying I don't fully believe that it would prevent weight loss. And I'm a piggy who eats well more than her BMR so I'm not about to test it out ;)

• @keptinstitches I love it! This made my morning!

Anniversary

• jenna8984 said:
    @cu97tiger It's not that I don't believe you, there is just so much conflicting info out there I never know what to believe. I mean Naked & Afraid (I know, again a tv show) but they are literally starving and they certainly lose weight. Their body doesn't hold onto their fat or that one lizard they eat lol. I know that's an extreme example. Also I'm in no way arguing FOR eating less than you should, I know thats not healthy and muscles and organs need proteins and calories. I was just saying I don't fully believe that it would prevent weight loss. And I'm a piggy who eats well more than her BMR so I'm not about to test it out ;)
    I have no idea what 'Naked & Afraid' is, but the point is that yes, if you eat below your BMR every day, you'll lose weight. You will not be able to gain muscle during that time, because you aren't giving yourself enough calories. I guess I don't know why you would want to eat below your BMR. It's the minimum number of calories that your body needs AT REST. Like if you literally laid in bed all day, that's how many calories your body would burn just to keep your heart beating. So why would anyone think it's a good idea to eat LESS than that?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• cu97tiger said:
    jenna8984 said:
    @cu97tiger It's not that I don't believe you, there is just so much conflicting info out there I never know what to believe. I mean Naked & Afraid (I know, again a tv show) but they are literally starving and they certainly lose weight. Their body doesn't hold onto their fat or that one lizard they eat lol. I know that's an extreme example. Also I'm in no way arguing FOR eating less than you should, I know thats not healthy and muscles and organs need proteins and calories. I was just saying I don't fully believe that it would prevent weight loss. And I'm a piggy who eats well more than her BMR so I'm not about to test it out ;)
    I have no idea what 'Naked & Afraid' is, but the point is that yes, if you eat below your BMR every day, you'll lose weight. You will not be able to gain muscle during that time, because you aren't giving yourself enough calories. I guess I don't know why you would want to eat below your BMR. It's the minimum number of calories that your body needs AT REST. Like if you literally laid in bed all day, that's how many calories your body would burn just to keep your heart beating. So why would anyone think it's a good idea to eat LESS than that?

Oh it's my favorite show haha. I think it's on NatGeo (maybe Discovery?). They take 2 people who are supposed "wilderness/ suvival experts" and they put them on a deserted island with no clothes and tell them to survive for 21 days. They have nothing- they have to build shelter, fire, figure out a way to make safe drinking water, fish or hunt for food. The places they are sent to are so remote and desolate though that many do not even contain animals for hunting and the people end up eating like one lizard and some insects the entire 3 weeks. The people go into it thinking it's going to be just like their wildreness at home, like in CO or something where they have fresh streams and deer and everything they need. Then they are hit with the reality that they are only surrounded with saltwater and no mammals and it's a lot harder than they bargained for. The average person loses 20 lbs during the show (and they are generally really fit to begin with). It's an interesting show!!

Anyways, regardless I agree with you and would not condone ever eating less than you need to sustain life. That is basically living with anorexia. I was simply questioning the statement that the body would immediately go into starve mode and store the food. Of course it's not healthy and no one should do it, but if someone only ate 300 calories of jelly beans in a day, I don't believe any of that would be "stored".

• sorry im late to the party but just wanted to say @bethsmiles - good luck! about to head over to today's thread to read updates.
  • @speakeasy14 Yay! Congrats Auntie! Whew that's a big baby!
  • @speakeasy14 aaaaaaaaaaw congrats!!!

• @speakeasy14 - Yaaaay!! Congratulations! Do you have any other nieces/nephews?

• @speakeasy14, congratulations, Aunt!
  • @speakeasy14 congrats auntie!!!
  • Thanks everyone! I was stuck in meetings all day, but was just so excited.  @alpacina this is the first boy.  I have two nieces.  I'd be a doting aunt and share pictures, but they don't want pictures of him online. 
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Congrats Auntie @speakeasy14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @speakeasy14 everyone I know who has said the no pictures thing has cracked within 6 months lol

• Congrats auntie @speakeasy14!!!
  • agree with @jenna8984. i have a friend who will only post pics of her son on instagram but not facebook. not sure why one is different than the other? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards