Chit Chat

Your opinion is sometimes wrong.

http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/no-it-s-not-your-opinion-you-re-just-wrong-7611752

I thought this was a great article. It also should be shared with some SS that show up here.

Re: Your opinion is sometimes wrong.

• A friend of mine posted this on FB this morning. It's dead on. People use the "It's my opinion and I have a right to it!" statement in the wrong context all the time and it drives me craaaaaaazy! Sometimes I feel the need to whack people over the head with a dictionary and show them the definition of "opinion".
  • There was a similar article posted a while ago.   I can't stand it when people will end a sentence (or their desire to continue the conversation) with, "Well, I am not changing my opinion."

Ask how many people think our 4th Amendment rights don't matter anymore since because safety.  

IT'S THE LAW!

End rant. 
  • BouxRadleyBouxRadley member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    This reminds me of that scene in Talladega Nights. 

Ricky: With all due respect, Mr. Dennit, I had no idea you'd gotten experimental surgery to have your balls removed.
    Mr. Dennit: What did you just say to me?
    Ricky: What? I said it with all due respect!
    Mr. Dennit: Just because you say that doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want to say to me!
    Ricky: It sure as hell does!
  • edited July 2015
    Someone posted this on TK awhile ago & I keep it handy.  Similar to the one you posted, @huskypuppy14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards