Chit Chat
Options

Weird Dreams

I know we have all shared some weird wedding dreams, my main one consisted of my dress looking like something out of Peter Pan in multi color with a large leather belt. I had another weird one last night that was only sort of wedding related so I thought we could all share!

FI came home for the weekend and announced to me that he was quitting his job and becoming a high school counselor. He told me it was OK because he was only going to lose half his salary. He makes far more than I do and pays our mortgage (I pay the rental house mortgage and get the rent check) so I freaked out asking how the heck we were going to pay the mortgage and pull off the wedding since we have only paid for half of it.

So, that was weird.. anyone else have any strange dreams lately?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Weird Dreams

• Options
    ashtsbashtsb member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    I had one where I was still dating fiance but I was also dating another guy for money. Fiance found out, was very upset and asked if I was also dating him for money. I told him absolutely not, I was dating him cause I liked him!

Fiance had a dream once where I got eaten by a bear. He dreams a lot for a guy.
  • Options
    2 weeks ago I had dreams 2 nights in a row that someone was trying to murder me.  One was an older asian gentleman who was chasing me with a knife and ninja moves, and the other was an unknown person who broke into my house (which wasn't my current house, but my childhood home).  So weird.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    @julieanne912 that sounds terrible! were you watching murder movies before bed?

@ashtsb good to know I'm not the only one having weird dreams about money

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ashtsb said:
    I had one where I was still dating fiance but I was also dating another guy for money. Fiance found out, was very upset and asked if I was also dating him for money. I told him absolutely not, I was dating him cause I liked him!

That's pretty funny, but what do you mean by the bolded? I don't think gender has anything to do with how often people dream (or remember their dreams). 

I usually have really scary, creepy dreams, so I won't share those because they are depressing. When I was little, though, I had a reoccurring dream where I would walk into the trunk of a really big tree near my school and be transported into a side-scrolling video game. The game was like PacMan, except the world was endless. It was an underwater game and I had to swim around and collect beads and hide from sharks and stuff in fish-tank-style castles. Definitely one of my more fun dreams!
  • Options
    @julieanne912 that sounds terrible! were you watching murder movies before bed?

@ashtsb good to know I'm not the only one having weird dreams about money
    Nope, nothing weird before bed.  It was super strange.  I usually don't have a lot of dreams like that that I remember pretty vividly.  

I did tell FI that he has to show me where we keep the handgun, so if a real murderer does show up I'll be set haha
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    ashtsbashtsb member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    abcdevonn said:
    ashtsb said:

That's pretty funny, but what do you mean by the bolded? I don't think gender has anything to do with how often people dream (or remember their dreams). 

I usually have really scary, creepy dreams, so I won't share those because they are depressing. When I was little, though, I had a reoccurring dream where I would walk into the trunk of a really big tree near my school and be transported into a side-scrolling video game. The game was like PacMan, except the world was endless. It was an underwater game and I had to swim around and collect beads and hide from sharks and stuff in fish-tank-style castles. Definitely one of my more fun dreams!

I heard that guys dream less in general. Not sure if it's medically accurate but I've heard it thrown around a lot. Maybe it's just because guys tend to not talk about their dreams as much?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I had a dream the other night that it was the day after our wedding and I literally remembered nothing about the ceremony or reception. Not because of alcohol, but just because it was such a blur. I didn't even know who was actually there and my brother was like "uh, you had like, 50 no shows". Then I spent the rest of the dream regretting that I hadn't hired a videographer so that I could remember the wedding. 

I woke up and immediately started looking at videographers. 
  • Options
    I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I was pregnant.  I don't want kids.  Seeing naked bellies creeps me out.  I was full term but only had a little bump, so it wasn't too bad.  And I was one of those people who only got the bump instead of putting on 80lbs everywhere.  Anyway, my water broke and I had about 3 contractions, then stopped, so no one was concerned about me going to the hospital.  They kept telling me that it was my first water that broke, and it only got serious once the second water broke, and since I wasn't having contractions, no big deal.  Euch.  

Not sure where the dream came from cos as I said, we don't want kids and pregnancy kinda creeps me out in general

• Options
    ashtsb said:
    abcdevonn said:
    ashtsb said:

I heard that guys dream less in general. Not sure if it's medically accurate but I've heard it thrown around a lot. Maybe it's just because guys tend to not talk about their dreams as much?

J is the dreamer in our house.  I will very rarely dream (or remember my dreams, I guess), but he remembers all of his, in detail, every day.  They're usually bizarre, too.  Oh!  And one night he almost kicked himself out of bed.  He was apparently trying to kick a door down in his dream, made an actual kick, and almost fell out of bed.  It was pretty funny.

Mostly when I dream it's about fighting zombies or something.  The last few dreams I remember have been with Game of Thrones characters, which is weird because we haven't watched it since the recent season finished.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    I've had a few where I went to pick up my wedding dress and it turned out to be hot pink with puffy sleeves (yikes!!!) and one where it was the day of the wedding and all the guests that had RSVP'd no decided to show up anyway and there weren't enough chairs, tables, or centerpieces. 
  • Options

I had a dream last week that I set the stove on fire and had nothing to put it out. 

The very next day DH turned on the wrong burner without realizing and scorched the burner cover.  I came in and was like "did you make popcorn? I smell burning" and then we saw the smoke.

So I finally bought a fire extinguisher just in case!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I'm glad you posted this.

I had an awful dream last night. I dreamed that mine and DH's best friend was doing some type of stunt for science and it was almost guaranteed that he would die and he did. I woke up in tears.

When I finally went back to sleep I had a dream about a friends baby boy that they are expecting in January and he was beautiful so that was a good note to end on.

• Options
    I just woke up. I had a dream that Stassi and Schwartz were fighting over a wedding suite in the hotel. I don't know why my wedding related dream was about Vanderpump Rules.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I've had a few where I went to pick up my wedding dress and it turned out to be hot pink with puffy sleeves (yikes!!!) and one where it was the day of the wedding and all the guests that had RSVP'd no decided to show up anyway and there weren't enough chairs, tables, or centerpieces. 
    It's not just me then! I totally had recurrent dreams about my dress being altered in weird ways: dyed pink, dyed black, hemmed to miniskirt length, etc...

ETA by the way, this is like the 3rd time I've posted about this recurrent dream, so to the regulars for whom this is a boring repeat, my apologies :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards