Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress with a train for a beach wedding?

Hi! I'm going to try on dresses next week and realized that some of my favorite ones have a train. I will be having a destination beach wedding. How much is the train going to get trashed? There is a board walk to get to the spot, with about 20 to 40 feet of walking to get the rest of the way. I was originally intending on having a dress without a train but quite a few of the styles I like have it and now I'm wondering what to do :( Anyone been there and said "I'm doing it anyways" and if so how bad was it?

Re: Dress with a train for a beach wedding?

• Options

The only beach wedding I've been to, the bride rocked her train.  If it's dry sand, you should be okay.  It'll probably end up better than it might if you were walking across grass all day, anyway.  It's the underside, anyway - not like you're going to be sitting in the sand or doing cartwheels or anything.

Just shake it out well when you go to bustle it, and get it cleaned right away afterwards.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    Whether you are getting married on a beach or inside of a ballroom your train is going to get dirty.  I mean it is dragging across the ground so the underside is going to get dirty regardless.  So IMO, I would rock the train.  Most likely only the underside is going to get dirty and you aren't going to see that part so it really doesn't matter.

You could always have someone hold up your train until you get to the beginning of your aisle, or at least to the actual beach and then have them fluff it out.

The only other option you have is to talk to your consultant and the seamstress on hand (if the shop has one) about chopping off the train.  Or just keep your dress bustled for the entire thing.

• Options
    Rock the train. You're talking 40 feet. Who cares if it's across sand, grass, a church aisle, whatever. It's going to get dirty no matter where you get married.

Get a bustle sewn in and just bustle it right after the ceremony.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I think you can certainly have a train! I would just be careful to pick it up or have someone hold it as you are going over the boardwalk area. That way it won't snag on any rough boards.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards