Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thirsty Thursday

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• Options

@swazzle - Oh man, that recipe has quite a bit of curry in it. You put some on the zucchini, AND there's a fair amount in the burgers. You may just want to cut it down. But I thought the seasoning was what made the burgers so delish... But look how beautiful my cod and noodles turned out last night! :)

@jenjen047 - Your chipotle delivers? Damn, luckyyyyy. It's every time I'm too high to drive that Chipotle sounds awesome. So instead I just eat a tortilla rolled up with melted cheese. It's close enough, haha. Why was the cape less than relaxing?

@untouchablets - You DO need a drink or something! Typically coworkers being in  good mood and having fun at work isn't a reason to be upset, haha. Those are my favorite days at work!

@500days - HAHA! Avoid the hipsters at all costs! ;)

-------------------------------------

Last night I finally went to the grocery store for the first time since we moved. It was a $230 bill, but I managed to get in and out in 45 minutes. So much easier by myself! Then we finally wrapped up season 3 of OITNB. This season was so weak.

I made the dish pictured above for dinner, and it was delicious. I even have leftover noodles for lunch! Plus I got groceries to make little snacks of cheese, almonds, and dried fruit, and I got my yogurt and blueberries for breakfast. What have I even been eating these last two weeks?!?!?

Tonight I am making Savory Lemonade Chicken (not finding it online or I would post a link) from one of my new slow cooker cookbooks, and I'm going to try and sell our old A/C unit on craigslist because we have AC in the house now! Which is great, because it's supposed to be over 100 today.

What are you thirsty for this morning? Peace Tea. But I had one last night. I don't need more sugar yet.

What will you be thirsty for tonight? Probably anything cold. It's supposed to be super hot out.

How many drinks does it take of wine/beer/hard liquor before you start to feel drunk? Drunk drunk? I'm gonna say 4, 3, and 3. Unless I haven't eaten. I got drunk off one margarita a couple weekends ago when my stomach was empty.

If you could send me all the wine, would you? Only if you send me boob pics.

• Options
    @miskat30 - Yeah, I'm really not looking forward to dealing with my co-worker's attitude. And the fact that she is in a bitchy mood today really isn't helping that. I'm honestly just expecting the worst because she can turn really nasty.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @AlPacina Sorry no boob pictures! :( Are you sure you still can't send some anyway?

I had Peace Tea this weekend and it was delicious! I've never seen it anywhere before. I was desperate for some sort of tea that was anything other than the unsweetened tea they serve up north and I tried it and fell in love! So much sugar though!

• Options

@eilis1228 We don't have Safeway here, but I'm sure I could look around and find some brand that does a healtheir choc milk. Sounds like you needed that much sleep last night! And that cake topper is super cute.

@swazzle I'm apprehensive about dish as well but I'm glad you like it! My H doesn't care for football, only hockey so we get 90% of Bruins games on NESN.

@alpacina send that recipe when you find it- I'm obsessed with lemon. And that's awesome that your house has centrail air- I've never had that (except when I lived in AZ).

@labro I hate unsweetened/ real iced tea. I'm all about the sugary kinds, or the diet Arizona with fake sugar.

• Options
    AlPacina said:

If you could send me all the wine, would you? Only if you send me boob pics.

You win the internet today! I would like to change my answer to this as well, @labro. :-P Also, yes, I agree that this season of OITNB was weeeeak. It felt like a different head writer or something. I hated Piper all season long.

@jenna8984 Lactose free chocolate milk is also a little healthier than regular chocolate milk, and a lot of grocery stores carry that. I like to drink it when I need a chocolate fix but don't want to splurge on actual chocolate.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @AlPacina - He will live. From what I read in the recipe, it's only 1 tbsp of the curry powder? He'll be fine! 

• Options
    @eilis1228 3 months!!!! Time is flying by.  I love the cake topper!

Anniversary

• Options

@labro - Yea, be careful! They're addicting once you find a flavor you REALLY like. I like them a lot more than Arizona Tea now. But my favorite is just a nice cold glass of unsweetened iced tea. It's my tiny little protest against becoming my mother, who puts anywhere from 5-8 packets of sugar in every glass.

@jenna8984 - I took a picture of the recipe to make sure I had everything I needed on my shopping list! See attached!

@eilis1228 - Yay, fellow perv! ;) But SERIOUSLY. Piper suuuuuuuuuucks. Crazy Eyes was hilarious this season though, with her writing. And it was weird how all of a sudden they wanted you to like Pensatucky? I dunno. Wasn't a fan.

• Options
    What are you thirsty for this morning? Coffee, but I'm trying to cut back, even on the decaf. I've been funding it on "bonus" dollars that come with the meal plan, and that gravy train is about to end.

What will you be thirsty for tonight? Probably water - I have some really awesome strawberry-basil unsweetened flavor drops right now.

How many drinks does it take of wine/beer/hard liquor before you start to feel drunk? I'm zero to "woo!" in less than a glass of wine with dinner. I had a Buffalo Zoo (BWW) last night and told H to "tell the wallpaper to stop moving" after we got home.

If you could send me all the wine, would you? No. I'm not sharing.
    ---
    So it's dissertation upload day and the grad school is holding out on me for the final signature I need on the approval page. If I don't have it by noon, I'm sitting over there until I get it. This is my last hurdle and they will not. screw. it. up. now.

Otherwise more funding opportunity allocation goodness. Tonight is for more housework before this weekend. I might get to knit.
  • Options
    @alpacina YUM thank you!

• Options
    @cu97tiger- Did you know Mindy Kaling has a new book coming out? I just found out this morning. And this article already has me excited for it: LINK

• Options
    @keptinstitches - Good luck getting that last signature! The amount of red tape and hoops you have to jump through in grad school are ridiculous! Once while we were looking for the right form to fill out to do an independent study, the head of my department told me grad school is all about the paperwork, if you can figure that out then they'll just give you the degree!

• Options
    @alpacina I think the erotica was the funniest part of the whole season. FI and I cracked up when the guard realized he was the main character. I basically love everyone but Piper now. She sucks. Hopefully they make her more likable in the next season. The whole Pensatucky story line was weird... I don't really know how I felt about it. Also, that recipe looks delicious! Totally stealing that!

• Options
    @AlPacina normally it would be good but they were making stupid noises and giggling constantly it was SUPER obnoxious lol
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2015
    What are you thirsty for this morning? Water. I'm super thirsty this morning.

What will you be thirsty for tonight? Red Bull

How many drinks does it take of wine/beer/hard liquor before you start to feel drunk? Quite a few. I've never been drunk. And I don't really drink.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    @alpacina - No, I did not know that! I have never pre-ordered a book in my life, but I'm going to with that one!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin - You okay honey? I wanted to put up a "concerned face" gif but didn't find any I liked.

• Options
    @alpacina - I'm good :) My gif was supposed to be directly before Tiger's, in response to the previous post, but I was too slow. 

I'm going to be a bad friend today and not respond to everyone, I'm sorry!!

I made the lamb burgers & zucchini last night, and LOVED it. I didn't think it was overly curry flavored - but my hands were stained a yellowish color for the rest of the evening, haha. Tonight I'm not sure which one I want to make. I might have H make the cod - he's better at fish than I am. 

I'm also super excited to hear about Mindy Kaling's new book. I LOVED her first one. 

Trying to get some work done now! I'll lurk though, don't worry. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    labrolabro member
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @GoldenPenguin But what about meeeeeeeeeeee?????????????? Will you share wine with me?

• Options
    labro said:
    @GoldenPenguin But what about meeeeeeeeeeee?????????????? Will you share wine with me?
    DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I would love to share wine with you again ASAP!!!! 

• Options
    PS Where'd my gif go?

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @GoldenPenguin I still see your gif. Or are you talking about another one?

• Options
    ugh work is a mad house today. i was expecting a quiet day but instead we found a COLOSSAL error on one of my accounts. its been hell.

i just wanted to reply to @alpacina - my chipotle doesnt deliver, but i used the favor app (i had a code that saved me the delivery fee) to get it delivered. it cost me an extra $4 (tip for delivery person) but thats a small price to pay for chipotle in my bed, IMO. also my weekend was not so great because i had to drive FI to and from work for 3 days (we have only 1 car and i wanted it so i wasnt stuck at the hotel all day while he was at work). i was fine driving him....except it was 40 minutes each way! so on my "relaxing 3 day weekend" i had to spend 3 hours each day in the car. awesome. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - I really think you are right about the job being toxic. I've been increasingly depressed since starting there and I get anxiety at night at the thought of going in the next morning. I'm going to talk with FI about it this weekend but I'm really leaning toward giving my two weeks and finding a different part time job. Something that doesn't make me completely miserable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards