Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

What were your FUNNY wedding fails?

What went wrong at your wedding that you can look back and laugh about?

I tried not to take things that went wrong too seriously at the wedding! (There were some important things I was worried about though) but many people told me to expect SOMETHING to go wrong, and I did lol

Fortunately some things I didn't know about until after the wedding. The bridal party's motta was, "DON'T TELL KRISSY!!" Smart group hahaha

But overall I had an amazing wedding and I was so blessed that the weather was on our side, being a January wedding in NJ! Everyone but maybe 3 people made it, and even got some light flurries just in time for wedding photos :)   

Which is why I can look back and laugh at.......

MY FUNNY WEDDING FAILS!
Even the mildly important things that went wrong are funny in retrospect.

* The aisle runner broke
Florist took it off the bill fortunately

* Never got a contract from the florist
They promised that there WOULD be flowers and there were! They just didn't get paid until AFTER the wedding lol

* Pianist came without music or keyboard
Somehow there was miscommunication that I'd have these things? He ran to the university he works at and borrowed one. And played something else for the processional music (I was a bit upset about that, but the videographer will edit in the music I wanted somewhere in the DVD)

* Brother (GM) left his tux at home
Fortunately he realized this the night before, when we checked into the hotel, and he ran home to get it

* MOH had schedule conflict with wedding date
She's an ice skating coach and had an important meet the morning of my morning wedding, but it was in the wee hours of the morning and she made it in time to get ready and everything :)

* DJ didn't know groom's family
I provided him with the list of introductions as he asked, but I don't know what happened with that. He introduced the groom's SIL who was representing his family as "A reader" (she read scripture in the ceremony)

* Delayed Videos
We had a slideshow (of course!) that my brother made and a video from groom's family in Australia to show during the reception, which took several minute to get working. I was like nooo! these are important! but it worked eventually  :)

save the date
"Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>

Re: What were your FUNNY wedding fails?

• Our cake table collapsed, with the cake on it.  Thankfully it was after we had cut it and had pictures taken of it.  It fell on the tablecloth mostly in one piece and the caterer was able to salvage enough of it to serve to everyone.

I laughed.  Everyone was saying "Oh my goodness, she must be so upset." But I just thought it was funny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards