Not Engaged Yet

Freaky Friday

Happy Friday, ladies! It's the last day of July, there's going to be a full moon, and it's the second this month, making it a BLUE moon. 

Last night, I got home from work and realized I really didn't feel like cooking so H decided we should go out for Mexican. I am NOT going to say no to that. We had pastelitos (they kind of remind me of empanadas almost, stuffed with shredded chicken and cilantro and served with a delicious chimi verde sauce) and I ordered a beef taco and chicken enchilada but could only eat the enchilada. It was SO good. Then we went home and lounged and I watched Big Brother while H snored on the couch.

This weekend I have NOTHING to do. I'm looking forward to it more than you know. Some possibilities: cleaning out the rest of my closet so I can sell/donate/give away stuff I don't wear/have never worn; go out to watch the fight tomorrow night; go to the movies; go to the beach; work on the dresser I bought on Craigslist. I'm just happy there's nothing I actually HAVE to do. 

H and I worked really hard on our spending during the last pay period and I'm so proud of us because we saved so much money that normally would be gone and we'd both look at each other and be like, "well, I don't know where it went." So, today is pay day and I've already detailed our budget for the the next two weeks and it looks like (barring any unexpected expenses popping up) we're on schedule to put even more away than the last pay period. H is also supposed to be hearing about a raise and bonus any day now so fingers crossed for that!  

Re: Freaky Friday

• @Swazzle - that's awesome about your savings! Congrats!! Also fingers crossed for a raise for H. Those dresses (and you and @GoldenPenguin, obviously) are beautiful!!

I am having a pampering weekend. Tonight I get eyelash extensions after work and tomorrow is a massage and pedicure. FI and I are also going to look at wedding bands because a store near us is having a sale. The only thing I HAVE to do this weekend is go to a party for my aunt on Sunday evening. I'm so looking forward to some time to relax!

I started Holly Madison's book last weekend all about her time at the Playboy Mansion. SUCH a good read, I can't put it down. Its not intellectual or anything, but if you enjoy this sort of book I definitely recommend. :) (side note: I also own Jenna Jameson's autobiography so clearly this is my genre hahah)
  • @Swazzle I'm jealous you get to have a nice relaxing weekend. I love that dresser! I really want to learn how to refinish some of our furniture. I've been looking online at tutorials and I think I'm going to try it out on an old mirror we have. We shall see.

This weekend is going to be busy busy busy busy. Tonight DH and I are taking MIL and his stepdad with us to our 3D ultrasound! I'm so excited! I'm guessing Callie will look pretty much like anything besides a human but I'm excited to see some facial features. Afterwards we are going out to dinner to this yummy restaurant called Milton's which is a Southern food type place. Best shrimp and grits ever!

Tomorrow is my Baby Shower!!! I'm so excited!!! My mom has been working really hard to put this together so I'm sure it will be beautiful. DH and his stepdad are putting together the crib and dresser while we are at the shower. Afterwards we are doing DH's "friend" bday party and going to Top Golf.

Sunday DH is working all day so I plan to get a lot of stuff done. I'm going to clean out our medicine cabinet and fill it with baby stuff that she will need for all her little baby needs. I also plan to do some wreath making on Sunday...I want to make a new football wreath and I want to make Callie a wreath for when she arrives.
  • @jenjen057 Good luck with looking at wedding bands. Hopefully y'all find some you love. EYELASH EXTENSIONS?!? Do they use a serum or something like on those commercials?
  • @jenjen047 - I totally wanted to read that! Glad to hear you like it. I'm going to look into downloading it. 

@southernpeach89 - Yay baby shower! I hope you have the best time! Don't forget pics :)

• @swazzle good job with the budget!! Hope he gets that bonus that would be awesome. I'm a huge fan of one shoulder dresses- those look fabulous on both of you! I can't wait to see the dresser once you finish it. We have a dining room hutch that my in laws are giving us for the new house and it's not my taste but I plan to paint it a nice cream color and get new pulls to modern it up.

@southernpeach89 Wooooo baby shower!!! Have so much fun!

@jenjen047 jealous- I love massages! I'm so cheap that I get them like once a year lol

I actually don't have much planned this weekend either. One of my good friends teaches pole exercise class and aerial yoga (like up in the silks) and I promised to come try aerial class tomorrow. I seriously have no idea why I agreed to this since I'm out of shape, I'm not flexible, I have never done any type of regular yoga. So I'm sure even the simplest moves will be impossible for me but I'm really just doing it to show my support of her new endeavour.

• jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @southernpeach89 - They literally apply individual extensions to each of your lashes. They stay on for 6-8 weeks (basically until your regular lashes grow out and fall out). I got a groupon for a ridiculously good deal and have wanted to get them forever but never felt I had a reason. Well I decided my wedding was a good reason, but I want to get them ahead of time too in case I have a bad reaction. So this is the test run. Also have so much fun at your shower! I'm sure it will be amazing!

@KeptInStitches - I love that dress! Have fun at breakfast!

@jenna8984 - Please AW your aerial experience. I'm so curious!! Also I'm cheap with massages too. I either go to a school and get a student massage or find a Groupon and combine it a discount code. I think today is the last day for $10 off massage and facial deals with code TREAT10. Or maybe it's 10TREAT.

ETA: because of said lash extension appointment, im not wearing mascara today and I feel naked. Eek!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    @Swazzle Yummmm Mexican food! Now I'm craving enchiladas and some guac! Also congrats on doing so well with your spending this month! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your H gets a really nice raise and bonus!

@southernpeach89 BABY SHOWER TIME! You are going to have so many fun surprises tomorrow! <3 I promise to take all the pictures as long as you send me a video STAT of your 3D ultrasound.

@jenjen047 Good luck finding a wedding band! Did you have anything special in mind?

@KeptInStitches Cute dress!

@jenna8984 Don't be intimidated by yoga this weekend. The important part isn't getting poses exactly right to a T, but regulating your breathing, feeling calm and relaxed while you transition between poses, etc. The instructor will help you with positioning if it's really necessary but everyone's practice is very individual and personal. It's almost a mental thing. I love yoga!

I have so much going on this weekend! Today I need to run some errands for the couples shower I'm hosting for @southernpeach89. I really need to get on the ball. I've started having stress dreams where I'm not prepared at all and people show up and I don't have any food and the beer isn't chilled and people are standing around bored out of their minds.

Tomorrow is @southernpeach89's first baby shower!!! I can't wait! She has so many exciting surprises in store! While I'm gone, H is supposed to get a bunch of gravel and flat stones and stuff to finish off our pathway to the pond.

Sunday H and I will continue to catch up on yard work. We mowed the lawn yesterday and trimmed the bushes in the front yard. I need to trim the bushes in the back and clean up the garden since a bunch of my plants died while I was gone. I think the heat got to them, and now I know for next year not to plant squash plants so early in the year. Oh well... :(

• @swazzle LOVE THE DRESSES

So last night Matt and I went to see D for hair. He got his hair buzzed {now he's super hairless lmao} and I had hair trial, plus under buzz was coloured. I'm already booking an appt to get my hair cut lol! {I tried to find a picture, but I can't find it}

Today we've gotta see the judge, and then lunch with my mum. Minor running around, then people are coming over. We're setting up centerpieces and stuff, doing a rough run through.

For those who are curious:
    aisle song {there's 2 versions, i'm torn between both}

first dance :)

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED LOL
  • @twodimes, congratulations (early)!!! Remember to come back with pics.
  • @jenna8984 I did yoga for the first time a few weeks ago, it actually wasn't bad at all. If something is too challenging the instructor always offers a modified option.  Aerial silks is a lot of fun.  I would love to combine it with yoga. You'll have to let us know how it is.

@keptinstitches that dress is really pretty!

@labro and @southernpeach89 Can't wait to see all the baby shower AW!

@peaseblossom55 homemade pizza is the best. 
  • labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes You are getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to welcome you to the OMH club!!!!!!!! Also I got your sweet thank you letter in the mail yesterday! I love it! <3

• @twodimes - YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW! HAPPY WEDDING EVE DAY!  I hope everything goes perfectly and I can't wait to see pictures!!!!!

• @TwoDimes EEEKKKKKKK TOMORROW YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!!! Have so much fun today and tomorrow! Just take it all in and enjoy! It's going to be amazing!!
  • @twodimes Happy wedding eve!!!  image
  • @southernpeach baby Callie is a squash! (Although that looks like a pumpkin)
  • Congrats (tomorrow) @TwoDimes!  Have a fabulous wedding weekend!!!!
  • @swazzle - That Mexican sounds yummy! Nice job on your budget/saving! The dress you picked out for beanbots wedding looks stunning on both you and @goldenpenguin.

@southernpeach89 - Have a great time at your shower!

@peaseblossom55 - Book of Mormon was really funny! There were parts that I didn't love, but overall, it was a great time. Have fun!

@twodimes - ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sending you all my wedding vibes and love for a great time with your friends and loved ones!

Last night, I left work early to get home to the dogs (our dog walker had come earlier than normal). Not two minutes from work, some large small animal (yes, large small) comes out of the bushes and starts sauntering across the road. I tried to avoid it but there was a car in the next lane and I ended up totally hitting it. When I looked in my rear view mirror, it was slinking back across the road, so I turned around and called animal control. Ladies, it was HORRIFIC (so skip the rest of this paragraph if you have a weak stomach). It was barely moving, bleeding out of one eye and it's mouth. It laid still for awhile, and I thought it had died, but then it suddently got up and started slinking towards the bushes. I followed it so that I would know where it was when animal control arrived. I spent the next hour in the baking sun watching this bloodied, possibly paralyzed animal walk back and forth in the bushes. I'm crying as I type this. I feel so awful hurting it. Ninety minutes later AC finally arrived and I peaced out. I could not have handled seeing her drag it out of the bushes. Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't have nightmares last night. By the time I got home, I ate a tiny bit of pulled pork we had in the crockpot, and poured a big glass of Lambic Framboise.

This weekend we don't have much planned. Tonight we're going to go to an all-you-can-eat crab place. Then on Sunday I'm heading down to Richmond to help my sister out (she broke her ankle and finger). Saturday I hope to go to the pool and work on my tan. Two weeks until vacation!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @speakeasy14 I think it looks like a pumpkin too lol...not a squash. It actually reminds me of those candy corn pumpkins you see at Halloween LOL...oh well. All I know is that she is big and weighing down on my UTE and I'm thisclose to buying a girdle lol.
  • @cu97tiger - I'm so sorry that happened to you.  There was honestly nothing you could do to avoid it but I know how awful that must have felt.  Hugs.  
  • labrolabro member
    @cu97tiger That really sucks, it's so hard when you have to watch an animal suffer but you did the right thing by staying there and calling Animal Control. But there was nothing you could've done. I'm sorry, I hope the lambic helped later!

• @cu97tiger - Something similar happened to me and a squirrel once.  Actually, the car in front of me hit it.  It was so traumatic.  I did have nightmares about the poor animal.  *hugs*
  • @cu97tiger I always feel bad when you can't help but hit an animal. I'm glad you called animal control and waited till they got there.  Most people wouldn't even call animal control, let alone stay until they got there. So even though it was sad, you did a good deed!
  • @cu97tiger - SO many hugs <3

• @cu97tiger OMG that's awful. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. You did the best you could. HUGS. PS I am now crying too.

@labro - No idea what I want for a ring, but something with diamonds. Does anyone have input on eternity band vs not? Also have fun at the shower! I'm sure it will go perfectly!!

@TwoDimes YOU GET MARRIED TOMORROW!!!!! have an amazing day and AW all the things after.
  • @minskat30 Budget talks are never fun.  Hopefully tonight is a better night for both of you.  And yeah, my bf sleep walks and talks.  He never remembers what he does, but it is always entertaining. I just asked if he remembers dreaming about grout poop and he told me that I make stuff up haha. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards