Not Engaged Yet

Freaky Friday

13»

Re: Freaky Friday

• @AlPacina - I LOVE THAT MOVIE. Kathy Bates is phenomenal. Now I need to look into this book! 

@eilis1228 - I talked with my doctor about switching my birth control at my annual about a month before my wedding and since it was so close, we decided to wait until I got back from my honeymoon since we wouldn't know how I'd be affected, if at all. I had spotting for about a month after insertion. It wasn't terrible overall but it wasn't something I was used to (I got no period, no spotting, nothing on the BCP I was on for years and had just switched from) and I know I was a big baby about it. 

• @phira, continued good vibes on the job hunt!
  • @phira all the job vibes for you!
  • @jenjen047 - Exciting! that looks similar to my wedding and anniversary bands... and also my engagement ring band because I'm boring and a big fan of matching (and I wanted my wedding to sit flush against my e-ring so it needed to be very low).

WARNING. MORE AWing AHEAD.....

• @jenjen047 - I'm a big fan of eternity rings, because you never have to worry about them 'turning.' I LOVE the first one you posted, and mine looks somewhat similar to the second one you posted. I have not lost any diamonds (knock on wood) and I wear it all the time everywhere. I think it depends on how big the diamonds are/how thick the ring is/how your fingers fit together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @swazzle - i love your rings!!!! i want an anniversary band at some point. its so unlike me not to have everything totally match. this is a big step for me! 

@cu97tiger - is turning really a big problem? my e-ring doesnt turn. is that because the stone prevents it, or am i totally wrong?

ETA: WR question - FI has a friend that DJs (mostly at bars) and who has offered to DJ our wedding. im fine with this, but want him to sign a simple contract (ie you will play music for our wedding on X date from X time to X time and we will pay you X dollars and you cant hold us or the venue responsible for any damages). am i being crazy to want this? 
  • @jenjen047 rings typically turn if they're a little big.  If you find your rings turning but don't need them to be resized, one option is to have beads saudered (sp?) onto the ring. 
  • jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @speakeasy14 - my e-ring never turns. ETA:  good to know about the beads for the future though!
  • @minskat30 - NO. I fucking HATE smile comments. I literally look at people with daggers in my eyes over that bullshit. 

@eilis1228 - Yea, every person is different and will have different symptoms. I had no spotting at all for months after the situation I told you about before but then out of nowhere I got PMS/period symptoms from hell without the bleeding and every now and then I'll have light spotting.

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @jenjen047 no problem. If you go the eternity band route, it may be helpful since they are so difficult/expensive to resize. It looks something like this: image

Also, yes you should have a contract with all of your vendors, friend or not.  
  • @eilis1228 I have never seen HP (I'm sorry, don't hate me!) but when I was in England in March we went to the 17th century village where they filmed his house. I have a picture standing in front of his house, which all my friends found way more exciting than I did, since I haven't seen it lol.

@jenjen047 I don't think it's crazy at all, I would definitely get a quick easy contract made up. And my wedding band doesn't really turn. Sometimes after a shower, but I'd say I only "fix" it once every 4-7 days.

• @goldenpenguin - whose ring is on top? H or BIL? whichever one it is...thats the exact ring FI chose! also yeah you and SIL have some rocks there!!!! brb...drooling! i love you and SILs wedding rings, but since my stone is smaller those types of rings made my E-ring not stand out as much. :(
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Thanks everyone!!

@eilis1228 I have Mirena and I really, really like it. They can't guarantee a hormonal IUD will stop your period, but ... aside from spotting maybe once every ... 6-12 months, and some cramps/bloating/breast tenderness once every couple of months, I don't get anything period-y anymore. Insertion left me pretty crampy and a little bleedy for a few weeks, but after getting a full, regular period a month and a half later, everything was just gone.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @jenjen047 Definitely definitely get a basic contract, even if for a friend. It can serve to protect both of you!

My e-ring doesn't seem to spin ever. Sometimes (like once a week at the most) I find that my wedding ring has spun upside down or too far to the side and needs to be adjusted a little, but it's never a big problem.

• @eilis1228 - i second @phira experience with mirena, except the 1 period i had after insertion was slightly lighter than normal. and nothing since then except once in awhile i will spot like @goldenpenguin mentioned...as in there might be a tiny bit of blood when i wipe, but thats it. 
  • @swazzle - Don't read Love Lies Beneath. It's terrible and the description was misleading. It was one of the stupidest books I've ever managed to finish. But it was well written, I'll give her that. Terrible plot though. So terrible.

• @AlPacina - Thanks for the heads up! 

• jenjen047 said:
    @swazzle - i love your rings!!!! i want an anniversary band at some point. its so unlike me not to have everything totally match. this is a big step for me! 

@cu97tiger - is turning really a big problem? my e-ring doesnt turn. is that because the stone prevents it, or am i totally wrong?

ETA: WR question - FI has a friend that DJs (mostly at bars) and who has offered to DJ our wedding. im fine with this, but want him to sign a simple contract (ie you will play music for our wedding on X date from X time to X time and we will pay you X dollars and you cant hold us or the venue responsible for any damages). am i being crazy to want this? 
    The beauty of an eternity ring is that I have no idea if turning is a problem :) I have heard that with some rings, depending on the size of what's on top and how it fits, that it can turn, or at least turn in relation to the e-ring. I never have to worry about that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @jenjen047 - the one on top is H! :)

*******************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards