Nevada-Las Vegas

Local Bakery Question

We are trying to figure out if we want a wedding cake or wedding cupcakes. It's funny as we talk more about the planning of our ceremony and reception he has been wanting his input in more which I love.

I have Chef Flemming who is literally down the street from where we want to have our ceremony and have used him for events at work, or just to stop and indulge my sweet tooth. He's good.

But my question is, what other bakeries are out there that would be a great recommendation....

Re: Local Bakery Question

• It sounds like you're a local and would probably have a bit more insight than us on who to use! I know popular choices on the forums include Sin City Cupcakes, Freed's (which has had some bad reviews here lately), and Gimmie Some Sugar.

We're going the route of cupcakes. It's more common now, you can have more flavour choices... I don't remember good tasting wedding cakes (I barely remember good tasting cakes), but I DEFINITELY can remember cupcakes! Also, I will always say yes to a cupcake. A piece of cake, I usually pass on.
  • Drago Sisters. We did our tasting there and decided on them. Super nice. Loved all the flavors. Cake was moist. Booked them for our wedding next year. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did cupcakes and they were a hit with our guests. We went with Sin City Cupcakes and they were delicious. I still crave them 4 months later! I'll have to make a weekend trip back to get some :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am local, but not a bakery person. I only know of a few bakeries, one because I drive by it everyday, and the others one I've heard of by name, but never tried.
  • I also did cupcakes with a small 6 inch round at the top. I think cupcakes are easier for guests especially to carry with them back to their hotel rooms or eat while out on the strip after the wedding. I ordered my cupcakes from The Cupcakery and they were delicious.
  • We ordered our cake from Freed's and liked the idea of different flavors for each tier. I'm going up try Sin City for my bachelorette party. I hear so many great things about them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards