Second Weddings

Toasts and Speeches

I'm trying to figure out if I really need to do the whole toast / speeches thing.  This is my second and his third (late wife passed away from cancer) so it's quite small - 80 people and there are going to be lots of children there.
Should we just do one speech welcoming everyone?  Our timeline is:
Pictures - 1:30
Ceremony - 4:00
Cocktails - 4:30
Supper - 6:00
First Dance - 7:00 ish
When would we do speeches in there?  Have everyone find their seats at 5:45 type thing and go from there?  I went away the first time so we did nothing formal of the sorts so I'm completely lost.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Re: Toasts and Speeches

• Jells2dot0Jells2dot0 Cowtown
    Moderator 5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    mod

If you don't want to do speeches, you certainly do not have to!!! Someone might still grab the mic on a whim and say something nice, but there is no need to have anything planned out.

If you do decide to do them, from what I recall, the speeches at my first wedding were done as dinner was being served. But, that was more than ten years ago, so who knows! LOL

• MobKazMobKaz Chicago suburbs
    5000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Were you planning on offering any type of dinner prayer?  At many receptions I have attended, once guests are seated and the first course starts to be served, someone will offer a prayer.  Typically after that, the host or bridal couple will offer a quick "Welcome/Thanks for Coming" toast.
  • Hmmm I never thought about a prayer or blessing but that's a good idea!  Thanks for that.  So many little things....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards