Honeymoon Discussions

Italy/Greece

Hi! My fiancé and I were interested in going to Italy and Greece for our honeymoon. Does anyone have any recommendations for travel agents to work with? Thanks!

Re: Italy/Greece

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    We are not allowed to recommend individual travel agents on The Knot.  I have done this trip on a cruise ship.  If you are interested in that, PM me and I will share.
    What is your budget, and how much time will you have?  At least two weeks, I hope.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    edited August 2015
    CMGragain said:
    We are not allowed to recommend individual travel agents on The Knot.  I have done this trip on a cruise ship.  If you are interested in that, PM me and I will share.
    What is your budget, and how much time will you have?  At least two weeks, I hope.
    Not sure what the difference is - the recommendation is still provided.  Your travel agent must love the referrals!
  • We went to Italy and I didn't use a travel agent. I booked everything myself. It was very easy. Do you know what area you want to travel to? 
  • Agree that you need at least 2 weeks, maybe 3 depending on where you want to go.  I have no TA to offer though, but I've been to both countries several times if you're looking for some advice

edited August 2015
    JoanE2012 said:
    CMGragain said:
    Not sure what the difference is - the recommendation is still provided.  Your travel agent must love the referrals!
    There is a difference between posting a travel agent's contact information on a public website for everybody to see, and posting the same information privately to just one person.  My agent is happy with the referrals I give him, but he has always done a good job for everyone I have referred.  I have had several thank yous, privately, from the Knotties that I referred to him.  There is nothing in it for me except knowing that clients will most likely be pleased with him, as I am.
    I don't understand the restriction, either.  I also recommend Pearl's Place. and The Knot has no issue with that.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    JoanE2012 said:
    CMGragain said:
    There is a difference between posting a travel agent's contact information on a public website for everybody to see, and posting the same information privately to just one person.  My agent is happy with the referrals I give him, but he has always done a good job for everyone I have referred.  I have had several thank yous, privately, from the Knotties that I referred to him.  There is nothing in it for me except knowing that clients will most likely be pleased with him, as I am.
    I don't understand the restriction, either.  I also recommend Pearl's Place. and The Knot has no issue with that.
    Ahhh, come on CMGr!  I use one travel agent for some trips, and I've noticed that as I've referred more people over the past couple years, my "thank you" perks have increased.  LOL.  I mean, if TK allows it, fine.   I'm just saying that I don't believe it.  And the cynic in mean even thinks your TA is a relative or friend.  ;)   
    edited August 2015
    No, you are wrong.  I've never even met him in person.  He lives in Texas, and I live in Colorado.   We have a telephone relationship - sort of like an internet friendship.  He works for one of the huge on-line travel agencies, and the only special perks we get are direct from Carnival Cruise Corp.  (We own stock and it has been doing very well.)  Because his company is one of the largest, they have great prices and occasional perks that are for anybody who books, and are fully disclosed in their listings.
    Lots of agents who work for the big companies are newbies, so I don't like just recommending his company.  He is not, and has worked for them for seven years.  Before that, he was working for a smaller agency that also booked resorts, so I feel confident in recommending him to first time international travelers and honeymooners, in particular.
    I wouldn't lie.  I don't do that.  I just talked to him today about a cruise for us next summer.  I'm thinking a riverboat on the Rhone River in the south of France.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards