Not Engaged Yet

StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

Re: StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

• @speakeasy14, it's more of a royal blue with navy diamonds, if that makes sense.

@labro, thanks for the algorithm tips!! I will have to use them when I next order.

@swazzle, the tops are the Cordelia Striped Boat Neck Sweater and the Flynn Colorblock Sleeveless Blouse.

@goldenpenguin, layering will get you part of the way with thinner dresses, but up here where we can easily get a month or more of day-long subzero temps, all your pieces have to be heavy enough. (I live where cold is made and sent to other places.)
    LOL. I grew up in Maine and live in Upstate New York. We INVENTED winter.
    You do snow, I'll grant you that, but how's your cold?
    We had over a 30 day stretch in January/February that didn't get above freezing and had wind chills of -50 more than once. I got cold. 
    Nicely done. That's cold. And we do that just about every damn year. Since I'm still scurrying between buildings, all my clothing needs to be heavy enough.
    I mean... Same? 

I'm not saying that dresses are an every day staple during the winter, for christ sakes, but they can have their moments. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @lavenderfields13 were the burgundy jeans in your fix the Danny Knit Pant? I have a pair coming in my box on Monday and I'm wondering if they are the same ones.
  • @PamBeesly524 No Mine were Just Black Dean Skinny Jeans

• Okay guys, I got my 2nd fix.. Hated all 3 shirts. I was so bummed. Sorry for the headless photos but I had weird faces in all of them and I'm not a fan of putting my face on the internet.

Ritten Henley Top - It's hard to see in the photo but the sleeves were pretty wide - I felt super "That 70's show" in this... It just wasn't my style at all and it was way too boxy (a theme in this fix, apparently) - Didn't Keep.

Filbert 3/5 Sleeve Popover Blouse- I think someone else in this thread got this shirt too. I wasn't thrilled with it. I have a few shirts this style from express that I love, but this one had weird poufy sleeves. Didn't keep it.

Danny Knit Pant and Gramercy Embroidered Top -  I really loved this top when I pulled it out of my fix but when I put it on, again, super boxy and unflattering. I was really disappointed. Didn't keep it. The pants on the other hand, I love. They are way too long but I'm used to that and can hem them myself. I'm glad to get a bit of fall color into my wardrobe. Kept them.

Mandy Space Dye Pencil Skirt - **Please pardon the half ass tucked in peach shirt, my H was taking the photos and I was trying to hurry :)  I was not expecting to like this at all, I've tried on pencil skirts before and always felt like they cut me off at a weird point in my legs because of my height. However this one was a great length - right above the knees. So i kept it! What do you guys wear with pencil skirts? My office is super low key so I don't want to dress it up too much.

Overall i was glad about the bottoms, disappointed with the boxy tops. I sent a note to my stylist for next time reiterating that I prefer fitted tops, so we'll see what happens next month!
  • @pambeesly524 Love those pants! I wish that top wasn't so boxy too because otherwise it's really cute. I did check off that I wear mostly loose tops and that's all they send me and some are just way too boxy or flowy. It's not like I never wear anything fitted- I just am self conscious about my middle and don't want all tight clothes but all flowy is getting to be a bit much!

I haven't worn a pencil skirt in a while because mine are too small for me right now. My office is business casual too so a lot of times I'd just wear a nice scoop neck tee with mine and dress it up with a necklace. 

• @PamBeesley524 - I really like all of those tops on you! How is the waist on those pants? Low/mid/high? From googling it looks pretty low which won't work for me unfortunately.  I really want burgundy pants in my next Fix. 

• @lavenderfields13 - Scoop or v-neck T would definitely work in my office, I was also thinking a cami and a cardigan. I think I need to get some cute necklaces, I'm really lacking in the jewelry dept! I did check off fitted tops but I also denoted that I usually like to hide my stomach (I like eating bread way too much to have abs ;)) so maybe they are going off that?

@swazzle - The waist seemed mid-rise to me, though I'd need to try them on again to remember. If they felt low I definitely would have sent them back -- I absolutely hate hiking my jeans up every time i stand up or anything.
  • @PamBeesly524 - I love the pants!  To dress down a pencil skirt, I'll do a t-shirt or a knit shirt, a jean jacket, or a button down shirt tied in the front.

More ideas:

• @PamBeesly524 I really love that popover blouse on you but obviously can't tell how poofy the sleeves are in real life compared to the picture. I'm glad your fix wasn't a total bust - those pants are amazing!!!

• labro said:
    @PamBeesly524 I really love that popover blouse on you but obviously can't tell how poofy the sleeves are in real life compared to the picture. I'm glad your fix wasn't a total bust - those pants are amazing!!!
    Thanks! That one I was on the fence about - I think it fit well but I have a shirt in that color already that's very similar, didn't seem worth the $50. Plus the poufy sleeves!
  • @pambeesly524 I got the popover blouse too; it really is a shame that the sleeves are so awkward because I loved everything else about the shirt.  I love the burgundy pants. 
  • @pambeesly524 I really love all the bottoms on you, and I'm digging that popover blouse. I'm sorry the blouse didn't work out!

• @GoldenPenguin - That dress + that jacket = AMAZING.  Definitely a keeper.

I ordered my first Fix to be delivered the day before my birthday next month. Y'all have convinced me it's worth trying.  Can't wait!
  • @goldenpenguin holy boobs! The moto jacket and dress combo looks amazing on you, but both alone also look awesome! 
  • @goldenpenguin- I agree, dress and jacket are cute.  LOL to the first shirt. I have no idea what that's like, I have the opposite problem!

• @goldenpenguin - your face in the first pic is priceless! Love the dress and jacket combo, looks fantastic!
  • @GoldenPenguin YOU ARE SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• LOVE the jacket + dress.  I am going to copy that look.
  • @AlPacina - I never thought of using a big belt with it.. Perfect! Thanks for the tip. and I love love LOVE that dress on you!
  • @AlPacina - That dress looks AMAZING on you! I love everything! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 

• @AlPacina I love all of the things in your SF this month! 5/5!

• @eilis1228 Great Fix! I love the sweater, it's too bad it wasn't a bit smaller! And I am super jealous that you don't have to hem the pants you got.. I've been putting off hemming mine for a week now but I really want to wear them!
  • @pambeesly524 I agree about the sweater! I really loved it and was bummed it was too big. Even my FI was like, "Uh, no." lol. These pants are magical! I'm very short, so it's rare to find pants that fit. I feel like I'll probably purchase any pants they send from that brand.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards