Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Vendor love... and question...

Hello Knotties,

I really loved the woman (Mary Kakoliris) who altered my dress.  I have posted her review a few places, but she is very old-fashoined and does not use the internet to advertise herself.  I am wondering how you guys got the word out for vendors that you really wanted to help out? 

During the time she was altering my dress, her husband was diagnosed with cancer.  She is Greek and had trouble reading English, especially cryptic medical lingo.  She asked my parents to help her read the material, and my dad had to tell her that her that her husband had been diangosed with cancer.  So sad!  This woman was so loving and sweet and kept passing down all these traditions to me as she was altering my dress.  She told me that all she has left of her family is her husband.  She has one son in LA who does not remain in contact. She is such a talented seamstress, and I would love to see her get more business, especially at this time.  She said the business would be good for her.  She is extremely reasonably priced.  I I reviewed her on weddingchannel.com and will paste my review here .  If you girls are, or know of anyone looking for a seamstress in SF, you should definitely consider Mary.

Here is my review and her contact info:

Mary is everything a girl could ask for in a seamstress. My wedding dress was so special to me and I was scared to even have anyone touch it -- let alone take a scissor to it. Mary was recommended to me by Trudy’s in Campbell where I found my dress. When my parents and I arrived at Mary’s house, she warmly greeted us with welcoming words and a big hug! I felt more like her granddaughter than her client. Her sweet personality did not restrain her from bluntly stating how my hair would best show off my shoulders with my particular dress, or which jewelry appropriately matched. And… she was quite right in her convictions.

I’m not sure if it was Mary’s Greek background that suddenly calmed my nerves and made me feel like I was in trusted and loving hands, but she certainly has a way with brides. During my three dress fittings, tears of joy were shed by all parties present, and wisdom somehow got passed down from many generations… all while Mary knowingly pinned and primped the bride-to-be (me!). By the third dress fitting, I felt so comfortable with Mary’s talent that I asked her to specially alter the train of my dress to attach to my wrists for a unique romantic touch.

The end result was the personalized dress of my dreams (at an affordable alteration price). Mary’s hand alterations add the most loving touch and wisdom to exactly what your heart desires. Mary is old-fashioned and does not use the internet. I feel very lucky to have found her, and feel comfortable recommending Mary to any bride that madly loves her wedding dress." Garment Alterations by Mary (Dressmarket)

PHONE: (415) 239-4481

ADDRESS:

279 Cresta Vista
San Francisco
94127 dress alterations

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers