Montana

Honeymooning in Montana- what to pack

Hi ladies! I have never been to Montana before, but my fiance and I chose Whitefish, MT with the help of a travel agent (there) because of our desire to visit GNP, as well as Flathead Lake (which we discovered through pinterest)

We will arrive Sunday, 9/6 and stay for a week.

What will the weather be like during that time? Should I plan for tank tops and shorts or parka and scarf?

We are from Western Ky, where the humidity is just awful. We will be limited in what we can take on the flight so I want to pack correctly and be practical. I'm normally a bit of a high maintenance person, so hiking and fishing and all this outdoor stuff is going to be a new and exciting challenge for me. Fiancé really wanted this trip and he's been such a trooper going to Florida with my children and I the last several summers.

We plan to visit flathead lake, drive up Going to the Sun Rd. We have a car rental, and are looking i to driving in Canada.

Any advice or info you want to share, I would greatly appreciate.

Re: Honeymooning in Montana- what to pack

• Hi ladies! I have never been to Montana before, but my fiance and I chose Whitefish, MT with the help of a travel agent (there) because of our desire to visit GNP, as well as Flathead Lake (which we discovered through pinterest) We will arrive Sunday, 9/6 and stay for a week. What will the weather be like during that time? Should I plan for tank tops and shorts or parka and scarf? We are from Western Ky, where the humidity is just awful. We will be limited in what we can take on the flight so I want to pack correctly and be practical. I'm normally a bit of a high maintenance person, so hiking and fishing and all this outdoor stuff is going to be a new and exciting challenge for me. Fiancé really wanted this trip and he's been such a trooper going to Florida with my children and I the last several summers. We plan to visit flathead lake, drive up Going to the Sun Rd. We have a car rental, and are looking i to driving in Canada. Any advice or info you want to share, I would greatly appreciate.
    Have you checked the farmer's almanac or other sites that show past weather? I've visited the area in April and the end of June and both times I needed long pants and sweatshirts, so definitely plan for summer and fall/colder weather when packing, especially if you plan to hike.

My H and I have been there a few times and plan to move there - please feel free to PM me if you want advice on what to do and what not to do - that area gets CRAZY touristy and busy. Some of our best experiences have been off the tourist-beaten trails. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • thank You ShesSoCold

ill' PM you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards