Not Engaged Yet

Hi there!

Hey girls! I just wanted to introduce myself. I really like the atmosphere of this board and hope there's room for one more. I'm Sarah. Live in Texas. Married to DH for almost 1 year and we are planning an awesome anniversary trip to the Great Smoky Mountains!

I've been lurking here a bit and you guys seems like my kind of people. I'm usually over on CC but is there any room here for a newbie? :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hi there!

• Hi there @beachyone15

How do you feel about guacamole?
    What's been your favorite vacation?
    Last good book you read?
    Show us your poop face.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    Hi! We always have room for newbies as long as you are willing to answer our hazing questions! ;)

Do you like guac?

What's your favorite drink?

Show us your poop face.

Do you hover/squat over public toilets?

Do you have any pets? Names? Pictures?

Do you like Friends?

ETA: You should also go fill out our Getting to Know You! survery and paste it in this thread. :)

• @Swazzle At least I remembered the toilet question! <3

• labro said:
    Hi! We always have room for newbies as long as you are willing to answer our hazing questions! ;)

Do you like guac?

What's your favorite drink?

Show us your poop face.

Do you hover/squat over public toilets? I'm a sitter. Unless it's REALLY bad.

Do you have any pets? Names? Pictures? No furbabies yet, but I'm working on DH.

Do you like Friends? See gif above :)

ETA: You should also go fill out our Getting to Know You! survery and paste it in this thread. :)I'm on it!

Welcome @beachyone !

Where in Texas are you? 
    How do you like your caffeine?
    Favorite Friends episode/moment/story line/season? 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • labrolabro member
    edited August 2015
    PS You totally glossed over favorite drinks. It doesn't HAVE to be alcohol....I guess.... :P

Is your anniversary October 11th? I noticed our countdowns are pretty close! :) H and I were married on October 18th. Any special plans for your first anniversary? Are you following the traditional gifts?

• What kind of furbaby are you hoping to convince your H of? 

How did you meet your H? 

How long have you been together?

Basically, tell us ALL the things.

• Sophie Kinsella! Favorite book of hers? I absolutely love Can You Keep A Secret?

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • labrolabro member
    edited August 2015

Hates: Judge-y people, flaky people or those who are constantly late, overly spicy food

Hobbies/Activities: Card-making, online shopping, reading, lots of tv!

Favorite Book/Author: Phillipa Gregory, Sophie Kinsella. I like an easy read usually.

First bolded....uh oh. We may not be besties. :)

Second bolded....tell me more about this! My great aunt always sends home made cards and I just think they are the sweetest things! Is it like scrapbooking?

Third bolded - Love her too! I just finished reading her book about Margaret Pole and now I'm waiting for The Taming of the Queen to be released! The excerpt sounds really awesome!

• @speakeasy14:
    What's your guilty pleasure? Reality TV - Teen Mom 2, Kardashians, the Bachelor/ette
    Favorite tv show(s)?
    How many times a day do you stop and look at yourself in a mirror? Every time I go to the bathroom...and before any meetings to make sure there's nothing wrong with my face :p
    How many selfies are in your phone right now? Like, 2 or 3. Most of them are pics with DH.

@audrewuh:
    Where in Texas are you? San Antonio, went to school in Austin
    How do you like your caffeine? EVERY morning, I love flavored coffees/creamer
    Favorite Friends episode/moment/story line/season? Oh geez, all of them! I really love the episode where Joey dresses up in all Chandler's clothes. "Could I BE wearing anymore clothes?!"

@labro:
    Favorite drink is sweet tea. Favorite alcoholic drink is a margarita, or Fireball if we are talking shots!
    Our anniv is Oct 25th! Going to the Great Smoky Mountains. Not sure about the traditional gifts yet but I told DH we are following #1 paper by spending some green on this trip!

@swazzle:
    What kind of furbaby are you hoping to convince your H of? A doggie! He wants something small, but I'd like a lab or retriever

How did you meet your H? Match.com!

How long have you been together? 3 years

• @beachyone15 - I hope you can convince him! H and I have 1 dog (a pittie) and 3 cats. I also love Philippa Gregory although I haven't read her in a really long time. Back when The Other Boleyn Girl (the book, I didn't love the movie) came out, I became obsessed and read everything I could by her. I watched The Bachelorette for the first time this past season. Were you happy with Kaitlyn's choice? 

• @audrewuh My favorite is The Undomestic Goddess. Makes me laugh out loud every time!

@labro It's kind of like scrap-booking only with different paper prints, stamps, embossing. It's really fun, just time-consuming.

@swazzle, don't worry, no one on this board is "judge-y" IMO

• @swazzle I don't know. I didn't really find the guy attractive, esp on After the Final Rose where he couldn't just be cordial to Nick. I honestly saw her more with Nick, but with editing the producers can make you see the contestants in any way they want, so I didn't feel confident about either of them!

• @beachyone15 I'm just up the road in Dallas! Originally from Houston. Woot! I absolutely love that scene with Chandler and Joey! "Maybe if I wasn't going COMMANDO." "I better not do any lunges!"

I haven't read Undomestic Goddess yet. I read Confessions of a Shopaholic when the movie came out and then read almost all of her stuff at all once until I got burned out. I never got around to that one. 

• audrewuh said:
    @beachyone15 I'm just up the road in Dallas! Originally from Houston. Woot! I absolutely love that scene with Chandler and Joey! "Maybe if I wasn't going COMMANDO." "I better not do any lunges!"

I haven't read Undomestic Goddess yet. I read Confessions of a Shopaholic when the movie came out and then read almost all of her stuff at all once until I got burned out. I never got around to that one. 
    It's definitely worth a read!

• @beachyone15 - Awwww I reeeeeally liked Shawn and would have been so bummed out if she had gone with Nick. I did not like him. I didn't watch the last season he was on so my feelings were based on him from this season alone. 

@labro - I read that one! I DO need to catch up. I'll see if any are cheap because I need to start a list for my flights! 

• @beachyone15 - I met my H on Match too!  Also went to school in Austin (UT for law school).  

What was your first date with your H?  

Did you meet any weird guys on Match?  *I only met one...but, boy, was he a doozy.*

Favorite place to eat in Austin?

• Oh hey old friend from chit chat, I know you!! I've been over here for like 2 months now and it's awesome. All these ladies are great and welcoming, as you probably know since you've lurked! At first I was overwhelmed that everyone tags and responds to everyone rather than quoting (most of the time) but it's easy to get used to and way better than having those stupid 10 level quote boxes that happen on CC.

• @minskat30 ummmm why wasn't this on the bad date thread?! Details
  • @TwoDimes:

What will you name your doggie if/when you talk H into it? Hmm, I honestly don't know. I should start thinking about that. Maybe it will make the prospect more real!

What is your favorite piece of clothing/accessory? Bonus points for pic/link.
    Gonna have to go with my ring. Grr, can't get pic to attach...

Did you read my wedding AW post? (Hint: no is the wrong answer.) DUH! I love the outdoor pics. So pretty.

@minskat30:

@beachyone15 - I met my H on Match too!  Also went to school in Austin (UT for law school).  Awesome! I loved it there; my degree is in Advertising.

What was your first date with your H?  We went to a teppanyaki restaurant, then went out to a fancy restaurant for a drink, got ice cream, played pool. I think we both didn't want the date to end so we kept thinking of other things to do!

Did you meet any weird guys on Match?  *I only met one...but, boy, was he a doozy.* Only met two other guys before DH. One was only interested in (one thing), and the other lied about his height. Dude was shorter than me and I'm only 5'4". He was also a little weird.

Favorite place to eat in Austin? Hopdoddy's and Home Slice

• @speakeasy14 At first I was quoting @jenna8984 but then I was like, wow, that's 100% hypocritical of me! So then I tried to delete the quote and got stuck in the box! Apparently TK doesn't let you ctrl+z stuff. Oops.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards