Not Engaged Yet

Funny Friday

I think a lot of people are off work today so it might be a little slow but I'm here- talk to me!

Not much going on this weekend- standard summer bbq & pool action.

1. Your top 5 funny movies? Happy Gilmore, Old School, White Chicks, Hangover, Drop Dead Gorgeous

2. Have you seen a comedian live? Dane Cook & Daniel Tosh. We just bought tickets for Comics Come Home featuring Dennis Leary, Louis CK, Jimmy Fallon and a few others.

3. Is there a comedian everyone loves but you can't stand? I seem to think everyone and everything is funny. But my H hates Will Ferrell.

Re: Funny Friday

• Morning, I could use some funny this Friday.  @jenna8984 - I would love to see Jimmy Fallon!

I'm feeling really crappy today.  Sorry to vague Knot but I just don't want to be on these boards always all...

Not My Debbie Downer animated GIF

1. Your top 5 funny movies? Borat, Anchorman, Philedlphia Story, My Fair Lady...leaving space for the fifth

2. Have you seen a comedian live? Only Bill Maher.  

3. Is there a comedian everyone loves but you can't stand? Carrot Top...though not sure if everyone loves him.

I'm looking forward to seeing my family this weekend...the kids birthday party is tomorrow and that is always a good time.  I'm usually in charge of herding the kids for the pinata.  

• 1. Your top 5 funny movies? The Princess Bride, Billy Madison, Stepbrothers, The Other Guys, and

2. Have you seen a comedian live? Yes a few I just can't remember which ones, we met one in person after a show in NYC and got his autographer... something Titus.... maybe.....

3. Is there a comedian everyone loves but you can't stand? Not really

Yay it's Friday, my sleep has been crappy all week not sure why.  I'm crabby and tired.  This weekend should be a bit slow and relaxing.  Tomorrow morning I'm going to a prenatal yoga class.  I'm looking forward to that.  Then I need to get some studying done. H is taking me out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants.  We haven't decided if we are going Saturday night or Sunday yet.  Either Saturday or Sunday we are going to Babies R Us look at furniture again and we will probably pick up the travel system we want since it's on sale.

I really need to get in quite a bit of studying this weekend since nothing major is going on I hope I can hit some of my goals for the weekend.  I also need to do some cleaning tumbleweeds of cat hair have been blowing by in our house.

Anniversary

• My bf is going away for a bachelor party in Philly all weekend so I have the house to myself. But the fridge, stove, internet, and tv are not hooked up so I have no idea what I'll be doing all weekend.

1. Your top 5 funny movies? Happy Gilmore, Step Brothers, Bridesmaids, Billy Madison, Dumb & Dumber

2. Have you seen a comedian live? Saw Gabriel Iglesias (fluffy) a few years ago, also have been to a bunch of comedy shows. 

3. Is there a comedian everyone loves but you can't stand? Jerry Seinfeld 

• Good morning! I wish I was off work...but I'm not. Looking forward to this weekend though. The only thing I have planned is grabbing a snow cone and hitting up the pool with one of my friends. For some dumb reason our community pool closes Labor Day weekend which makes no sense because it doesn't even get "cold" here until Nov.

1. Your top 5 funny movies? I Love You Man is it for me. Best movie ever. I also love Bridesmaids though.

2. Have you seen a comedian live? No

3. Is there a comedian everyone loves but you can't stand? Hmm...David Letterman? Although I don't know that I'd call him a comedian, and I also don't really think everyone loves him anyway...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @minskat30 CHEER UP- It's Friday!! And your basement is done! And the parties this weekend will be fun

@peaseblossom55 Oh yea Chris Titus had his own show for a little while, he was funny. Hope you like the yoga!

@speakeasy wtf no fridge or tv I would die. Die I tell you. Go stay at a friend's house lol

@cu97tiger I'm not too familiar with a lot of comedians, I just like the typical funny shows and movies like the old SNL cast of the 90s and all their movies. Have an amazing birthday trip!!

• @jenna8984 if I didn't have Callie, I would.  She's still adjusting to the move so I don't want to bring her somewhere else and ruin the progress we've made.  I'll get a lot of unpacking, organizing, and reading done this weekend. 
  • @cu97tiger have fun! sounds amazing.

1. Your top 5 funny movies? talladega nights, stepbrothers, home alone, hot rod, mean girls

2. Have you seen a comedian live? Kevin Hart

3. Is there a comedian everyone loves but you can't stand? I agree with @minskat30. Carrot top for sure.

This weekend will probably be mostly beach and cleaning/shopping. I don't know what my H wants to do but I'm up for anything really. His company has had him working super long days ever since we came back from our honeymoon. So basically, I'll just do whatever he wants to do.

Last night I had a weird wedding dream- even though my wedding has already happened. Has that happened to anyone else? So weird.

• 1. Your top 5 funny movies? This is hard! Bridesmaids, Ted, Wedding Crashers, That's My Boy, and ?????

2. Have you seen a comedian live?  I've seen Daniel Tosh. I also saw some when they did that Boston Strong concert (Dane Cook, and I can't remember the others..)

3. Is there a comedian everyone loves but you can't stand? I don't think so. Kevin Hart kills me! I love him. Also the old Eddie Murphy stand-ups and one Eddie Griffin one are my favorites to watch. Robin Williams has a really good old stand-up set that is HILARIOUS!!! (We watch stand-up a lot)

This weekend I don't have much planned. My mom has been unemployed since January, and she starts a new job Monday so we are celebrating her last free day this afternoon, although I have no clue what we are doing yet. 

I also have to do my cheer music this weekend. We found another company to go with that is giving us a deal of BOGO so we are doing that. I have to get it together and send to the guy before Monday so that will be my weekend!

friends tv show funy
  • @minskat30 Sorry you are down.

@cu97tiger Enjoy the vacation! 10 days away from work sounds wonderful!

@speakeasy14 Oh no I hope you can find some things to entertain you this weekend.  I can see why you would stay.  I'd probably read the whole weekend and order take out.

Anniversary

• @cu97tiger - yay for time off! enjoy!!!

@minskat30 - hugs

HELLO LONG LOST FRIENDS!!! work has been crazy busy the last few weeks so i feel like i have sporadically in and out....and then we were in Vermont on Monday and Tuesday and then TK was being stupid the last 2 days. sheesh! but here i am!

i also dont want to vague knot but ive had a very rough week and am just hoping things turn a corner soon. partly work stuff, partly personal stuff. FI is feeling very homesick lately and it just kind of puts him in a funk from time to time. i cant blame him, i just wish i knew how to help other than just listening when he talks. but it puts strain on us when he gets in these moods, so im hoping it lifts soon. 

i have very few plans this weekend and im kind of excited about it. i have tons of TV to catch up on. i still have a book checked out that i got in May and read maybe 10 pages of. oops. maybe i will actually read that this weekend?
  • OMG @Speakeasy14 I feel like I violated those poor girls just by looking at that. EWWW
    friends tv show funy
  • jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    @speakeasy14 - i cant even

ETA:

• seriously it had it's own section under google images.  I feel like my computer is going to be shut down just for sharing that, but I had to, wth was Breyers thinking!?!
  • DYING, @speakeasy14. Who in their right mind thought that was a good idea to use that as an advertisement?!

1. Your top 5 funny movies? 

Mean Girls, Office Space, Bridesmaids, Old School, Step Brothers

2. Have you seen a comedian live? 

Does Kevin Smith count? H and I also had tix for Amy Schumer years ago but it was cancelled twice and we couldn't make it the night it was rescheduled for. Sad face. 

3. Is there a comedian everyone loves but you can't stand? 

Dane Cook is super lame. 

• @speakeasy14 aaaaaah noooooo! CRINGE!

@labro OMG that vacuum one is classic. And have an awesome time with the ponies!

@jenjen047 aaw sorry you're having some stress. I have to say when I moved 3,000 miles away and I was homesick, the thing I hated most was hanging out with my boyfriend (at the time) and his high school friends. They would all talk about their great times and I just wanted to fly home and be with my people that I had those memories with. So try not to make him be too social, he might just want some home alone time.

@caseface5 congrats to your mom!

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    @labro - Seriously, I think you are one of the nicest people I've never met.  Helping with baby stuff AND disadvantaged children?  Winning.

@jenjen047 - I hear you on the homesick thing with your FI.  Where is he from again?  H and I only go to India once every year and a half to two years to see his family and the distance to his family (especially given the closeness to my family) as well as the amount of stress/anticipation/expectations associated with our visits to India when we do go makes for loads of stress.  We've gotten into several spats about it already and it was part of my stress last night as well. Hugs.   
  • @Peaseblossom55 LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remind me what color you painted your nursery? What colors are you planning on accenting in the decor?

@minskat30 Awwww thank you! I'm really not a very nice person. See my judgy and rantiness in @beachyone15 's newbie questions thread. I just try to be a nice person when inside I'm probably secretly judging something and just not saying anything.

• @peaseblossom55 - that furniture is gorgeous!!

@500days - my wedding hasnt happened yet but i had my first wedding dream last night. somehow it was the day of and i had no florist, photographer, or hair and makeup person. my dress was altered correctly but i didnt have the right bra to go with it, so it was a mess. it was brutal. im sure its normal to have post-wedding dreams. i still dream about college sometimes. 

@jenna8984 - yeah i try to just let him do whatever he wants to do in those instances.

@minskat30 - im so glad you can relate!! FI is from ireland and he hasnt been home in a few years. we arent planning to go back until next year, so its completely understandable why he feels this way. i wish i could snap my fingers and make it go away. 

• @labro If it makes you feel any better I 100% agreed with that rant. Actually I think most of us on TK do, it's just that no one has stood up and said it!

• AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015

1. Your top 5 funny movies? Number one is definitely Idiocracy. Number two is I Love You, Man. For the other 3? They'd probably have to be stupid movies I loved in my youth, like Goldmember, Mr. Deeds, Happy Gilmore.

2. Have you seen a comedian live? Yes'm. Jim Gaffigan twice, Maria Bamford, Lisa Lampinelli, Eddie Izzard, and Russell Brand with Jonah Hill. I've been to a lot of local comedy shows and competitions too.......... I really want to see Hannibal Buress, but I just missed his last tour. :(

3. Is there a comedian everyone loves but you can't stand? I agree with @swazzle. I never understood why people liked Dane Cook so much. I'm glad he's fallen off the radar. Also (and remember, the question specifically says "everyone loves", so you don't need to remind me how much you love him or get mad that I'm saying this), I don't think Jimmy Fallon is funny at all. Except when he's working with JT. JT makes Fallon funny.

---------------------------------

@jenna8984 & @caseface5 - I'm so jealous you've seen Daniel Tosh! I absolutely loved his first special. I can still watch it and laugh my ass off. I've started liking Anthony Jeselnik too, who has a similar style of super mean, no apologies comedy.

@speakeasy14 - Yea, Seinfeld isn't funny when he does stand up. And I don't see what the problem is with that picture. "Eat a popsicle, and you'll be flexible!" It almost rhymes and everything! *stifles gag reflex*

@labro - Pony time!!!!!! Give them some face rubs for me.

@beachyone15 - I don't even know how many times I've seen I Love You, Man at this point, and I still laugh every time.

----------------------------------

It's Friday! Holy hell. Thank goodness.

Tonight I am making lasagna and our friends are coming over to play Ticket To Ride, which I have never played before. They're the owners of the husky mix, and they decided to move to San Diego, where their families are, so this might be the last time we see them and the last time my dog gets to see his girlfriend (the dog in the "spooning" picture I posted). :( It's gonna be a sad night for me.

Tomorrow my BF's brother is coming over with his great dane puppy and we'll introduce the dogs and maybe try out the dog park.

• @Peaseblossom - so cute! Is this going to be your first? :)

@AlPacina - Yes! You GET me.

@speakeasy14 - Trying to erase that image from my brain.

• @alpacina no I feel you on Jimmy Fallon. He is part of the show we're going to but my H really just wants to see Dennis Leary. I always though Fallon sucked on SNL because he would be the only one to break straight face and be hiding his laughing. I hate that about him.

• @jenna8984 - Dennis Leary is hilarious! I love that "Douchebag" song his band does..... And thank you. Breaking character on SNL is totally lame, and he ALWAYS did it!

• @jenjen047 & @lavenderfields13 - I forgot I was going to tell you guys this..... Yesterday was my 4th laser appointment, so now that most of the hair is gone she started "closing pores". This is a different setting, so she went over everything twice. Once to do the regular root zapping, and once for this pore closing.

Just a pre-warning, the pore closing hurts like a mother. Like, rather than a waxing sort of feeling it almost felt like a blade slice. Again, didn't hurt as soon as the pulse was over, but it was definitely the exact opposite of a pleasant experience. Particularly on my lady bits.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards