Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW: I found my dress!

Thank you all for the support during this difficult time with my job! I did lurk a little this week and it was a nice stress relief to read everything going on in your lives :)

Anyways, I took yesterday off (and needed the break from work!) to go dress shopping while one of my best friends was in town! We also Skyped in my parents, aunt and uncle, cousins, and FI's mom and sister (they all had dinner at my aunt and uncle's house). There was one dress that I was really looking forward to trying on, and it was the first one I put on. It just felt plain to me when I actually had it on. 

Then I tried on a similar style that was amazing. It was a bit different than any other dress that I had ever seen. I walked out and my friend told me she had goosebumps and was trying to hold back tears, and my aunt and mother did cry. I tried on a few more just to be sure, and then I found another that I really liked too. It was very traditional though, and while it was gorgeous, it just didn't feel like me. So, I put the less traditional one back on, and the consultant put a veil (which I also ended up buying) and headpiece on me, and then I cried too. It was my dress. 

It is actually a very light pink with ivory lace. None of us realized it was pink until the consultant said it, as it looked ivory against my skin tone. It is just pink enough to make the ivory lace pop. I am so excited to wear it!

And now, pictures!

Re: AW: I found my dress!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards