Not Engaged Yet

Case of the Mondays

Good morning! This weekend went by way too quickly! 

On Friday, H went to a boxing event and I stayed home and read and I was asleep by 10pm. I lead SUCH an exciting life. 

Saturday, I had a hair appointment and I'm loving it SO much! Except... a couple weeks ago I discovered a thin called the BeachWaver and I really wanted it. My stylist used it on me and now I don't just want it. I NEED IT. 

H and I drove down the shore and met my mom, aunt, 2 cousins, and a family friend for lunch and then I laid on the beach for a couple hours. It was so relaxing! I spent the night at my aunt's house with my family. 

Yesterday, H picked me up and we ran some errands. We went shopping at Trader Joe's and Wegmans for the week and stopped at Target where I got a bunch of clothes and things we need for our trip. I cooked dinner when we got home, we ate, then I watched BB and went to bed! 

I can't believe it's already Monday! I don't have a whole lot going on this week. I need to start getting things together for SA and that's really it. 10 days!!!!!!!!!

Re: Case of the Mondays

• I LOVE those prints, @labro!!
  • @CocoBellaF I am super jealous of your fall-like weather this week. I think our coolest day is today, high of 82, which is pretty awesome! But the temps are going back up again after that.

• Same here, @labro.  It's only for a day or two while a system moves through and then back up to the 90's.  Oh well, I'll enjoy the one day of cool weather.  Usually my rest day is Wednesday but I might sneak out of work early and get in a run if it's not raining.
  • @CocoBellaF - Thanks! Enjoy the cooler weather! It's going to be hot here over the next few days.

@labro - It's kind of pricey but after seeing it in action, I started hunting for deals and managed to get it for a just under $100 with a coupon from Overstock (plus I had $20 in my PayPal account so it ended up being $79 out of my bank account). It's really easy to use and makes lovely beachy-type waves. CLICK  Those prints are so pretty! I need you guys to come and make my room as pretty as Baby Peach's room!

• @Swazzle - I love your hair!! Also what is this beach weaver thing you mentioned?? Also how is your new commute going?

@CocoBellaF - enjoy the cooler temps while they last!
  • @Swazzle I dunno, my experience in curling irons is you get what you pay for so I'm totally ok with something a little more expensive. I actually don't even own a curling iron. I use a round brush and my hair dryer. I tried using my straightener to make curls one time and it came out so so, I think I'd have more success with an actual curling iron.

• Stupid TK cut me off and wouldn't let me go back....

@labro - what a bummer about the "charity" event. Those prints are gorgeous though!!

I had a lazy weekend, which was perfect. FI worked all weekend though, which was a bummer. Saturday I got my hair cut and talked to my stylist about doing my hair for my wedding. She's been doing my hair since I was 16 so it would be awesome if she could do it! I also went to an open house on Saturday totally for fun. It's not in our desired location or budget, but I was just curious.

Tonight FI and I are having dinner with my cousin and his new wife. They want to pass along all their wedding planning knowledge. I find it condescending instead of helpful, but that's probably just because it's Monday and I'm grumpy.
  • @jenjen047 Hopefully they won't be condescending but there are some things that I only learned about wedding planning through TK or other people! Plus you can always ask us for our advice and experiences! :)

Yeah, myself and the community event coordinator left the whole thing with a bad taste in our mouth. We really want to make an impact, so what we did on Saturday just wasn't in our mission.

• @labro - This is a little different from a curling iron. The clamp part is way smaller and it spins the hair for you. I heard about it a few weeks ago when someone that I follow on IG posted a pic of her hair and it was EXACTLY how I want mine to look. So, I started watching videos on it and was so impressed. On Saturday, I showed my stylist pics of what I want my hair to look like and he was like "have you heard of the BeachWaver?" And then he used it on my hair and I was IN LOVE. Watch this video if you're interested: CLICK

• @Swazzle BUYING!!! I am an absolute idiot with twisting my hair around a normal iron anyway! That video sold it for me.

• @swazzle - I adore your new haircut! So cute! And yay for beach time, it's my favorite (in case you couldn't tell by my screen name).
    @CocoBellaF - It's hot here too. It's been 90-100 the last few weeks but I swear it feels like 120!
    @labro - I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you thought. I absolutely love those prints!
    @jenjen047 - I'd probably feel the same way, unless I had asked them for advice first. But for them to just give it to you without you specifically asking them...meh.

My weekend was pretty fun (and productive). Friday we ordered take out and hung out at home (per usual).
    Saturday I baked some cookies (I'm on the funeral meals committee at our church) and delivered them. I have been on this committee for awhile but have never been able to help out b/c it always conflicts with my work schedule. But I was so happy I could help this weekend; it made me feel really good to do something like that for others.
    After that I went to Zumba and didn't die. I haven't been since before our wedding last October (I know, BAD). But I remembered how much I love going and am hoping to stick with it this time.
    DH and I spent the rest of Saturday cleaning out one of our spare rooms with everything that we haven't unpacked since we moved into our new house.
    Sunday I hung out at the pool and went Taco Bell with one of my good friends. No regrets.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Weekend most definitely went by too fast! Saturday I was determined- I put on Pandora and went through all the boxed up stuff, basically our entire belongings from when we sold the house 4 months ago. We just moved it all into a guest room and never unpacked it (because we knew we'd be moving again when we found a house). I'm talking clothes, shoes, Christmas decorations, sheets, towels, decorations, old paper stuff like yearbooks, etc. I don't want to just blindly take it all to the new house so I went through and was able to throw out 4 entire trash bags worth, another full bag of recycling bin, another full bag of clothing for my friend. So 5 large boxes cleared the fuck out of my life lol. Also took a break from that mid-day to go visit my grandma (84 yrs old) and her mom- my great nana (103 yrs old)!

@swazzle your hair looks great! I'm envious that it doesn't frizz. What is beach waver? I'll have to google...oh just noticed you posted a link woohoo!

@cocobellaf You had ice cream two days in a row! mmmmmmm

@labro wow that is a disappointment for your volunteering day, what a shame!!

@jenjen047 I've had the same hair stylist since I was a teen too, hopefully she is free to do your wedding hair! I would say do not go to open houses of stuff you can't afford, it will be disappointing when you do go to buy. When we started searching, I was convinced that my budget would go so far and we'd get my dream home. What a slap in the face! Everything is half the size I wanted but I've come to grips with it now lol.

• @Swazzle Your hair looks great! I wish I could afford that iron right now because damn I need something like it!

@LaBro Those prints are so pretty. Sorry about the event not being what you thought it was.

@CocoBellaF Your weekend sounds fun!!

@Jenjen047 Hope dinner goes better than you are expecting!

I am tired today and have a full on case of the Mondays! I have so many projects to complete by the end of the week and I don't want to start on any of them!

Friday I went home and just laid on the couch and watched Ghost Adventures. I am addicted to that show now! That night we ordered take out and watched Wedding Ringer. It was pretty damn funny.

Saturday we hung out and cleaned the house. That afternoon we went to my Aunts to swim and that night we tried a new Hibachi place. The service was terrible and the food was just okay so we won't be going back. 

Yesterday we finished up cleaning and went grocery shopping. We watched Hercules in the morning too and it was good. We got chicken for the grill and just took it easy. At night BF said I had watched enough of his movies lately so I could choose one to watch so we watched Beauty and the Beast and snuggled with Tess.

So the first music guy finally got back to me over the weekend. I am so glad we are going with a different company because not only did this guy not put in one single song that I asked for, but he asked me what I thought about "Pour some sugar on me" and I told him it wasn't appropriate for the age of the girls, and he put it in anyways. I want to tell this man to gladly go kick rocks, but I think he is going to be at my cousin's wedding so I don't want to be a total douche.
    friends tv show funy
  • @swazzle I love the hair cut

@labro those prints are so pretty! Sorry the charity event wasn't what was advertised.

My weekend was good, I'm just tired.  Already I'm not sleeping well and tossing and turning a lot.  I had a dream I couldn't remember where I parked my park after going on a small roller coaster. My car was also a mini van now not my normal car.  It was so strange.  Friday night I studied and got some things done around the house.

Saturday I went to a prenatal yoga class which was amazing.  I can't wait to go back this weekend.  I got in some studying then we went to Babies R Us got the travel system we wanted on sale.  We also started a registry but just added a few items mostly the nursery furniture.  Then we had reservations at one of my favorite restaurants.  The food was so good we were so full.  We attempted to stop at one of my favorite ice cream places but the line was so long we didn't bother. H took me to get a cupcake though at the place down the street.  Saturday was such a fun day.

Sunday I stayed in studied all day. I did some laundry.  H had a hockey game.  The weekend went by way too fast.  I'm ready for Friday or at least 5pm today. 

Anniversary

• @beachyone15 Whoa we totally did the same thing with going through old boxed up crap! Although my goal was to throw a lot away and yours sounds like you just finally set it all up and put it in it's place. Still exciting. And glad you didn't die at zumba- I've never tried it.

@caseface5 Aw man I hate when restaurants are not that great and you feel like you wasted money. Also sucks about the DJ!

@peaseblosson55 Yay glad you loved the yoga!! I have weird dreams too but I have no pregnancy or reason for it!

@swazzle That curling iron looks amazing!! @labro I need it as well....I'm also so terrible with a normal curling iron with making them all go in the same direction. It's like impossible for me to turn my hand the other direction haha

• @TwoDimes I love that you call them "bag chairs"! I've always thought of them as camping chairs. Either way, bag chair/champing chair - Indy is cute as can be!!! Also YOU'RE GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!!! So excited it's a little baby boy!!!! GL to your sister and BIL on the new house. Hopefully everything is finished early or on time and they have enough time to get the nursery together!

@caseface5 I'm glad you're going with a different (paid) company for music. Hopefully they do everything the way you want rather than this guy who apparently decided to go in his own random (and inappropriate) direction. Ugh!

• @beachyone15, @peaseblossom55, @TwoDimes  - Thank you! 

@jenna8984, @caseface5 - I will report back! It's supposed to be delivered on Friday. I plan on becoming a professional BeachWaverer by Monday.

• @twodimes congrats on the nephew!

Anniversary

• @swazzle love the cut :)

@labro love those prints! I would put those in my hallway actually

@TwoDimes yay! auntie!!

Friday I was home with a migraine. Did not let up. We ended up going to a friend's place for a bonfire. Someone had put a marshmellow in the fire, and it ended up exploding. Some got on Matt's foot, so he has a nice tiny burn mark on his foot right near some bug bites.

Saturday was up early to go to the outlet mall with my mum. My inner kid was screaming at Hot Topic. I ended up getting a pair of socks with cats on them {I COULD NO RESIST!}
    We went to Puma and I got to treat my mum to a sweater, and I got a few xmas ideas for her and Matt.

Afterwards there was a food truck rally near my place, so we went for dinner. I wanted mac & cheese but the line was so long and people were chit chatting, so ended up with a hot dog. Wasn't terrible, just wanted mac & cheese.

Home, shower, headed to a friend's place for house warming.

Home early since I still had a headache.

Sunday, measured new frame at iKea and realized we need to see about borrowing the Explorer from Matt's parents. It's Juuuuussssttttt too long for ours. Guh.

Paid off rest of trip for February and got some food. My Granny has a little garden outside her place, so we went to get some cucumber and tomatoes. Yum!

I premade some ham steaks last night while cooking dinner, knowing it's gonna be hot as balls this week. Tonight we're having the ham steaks with some scalloped potatoes. Idk why but I've been craving scalloped potatoes lol
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    @swazzle Love you new hair!! 

@labro that really sucks that the charity event was not a charity event at all.  I love those prints! 

@cocobellaf enjoy the cool weather. 

@jenjen047 hopefully they are not condescending and actually end of being helpful; worst case scenario just smile and nod

@beachyone15 sounds like you had a really nice, relaxing weekend.

@peaseblossom55 time to get those body pillows to help you sleep

@caseface5 OMG! So glad you went with someone else, that guy sounds like a perv.

This weekend was not that exciting.  Friday night I brought Callie over to my mom's.  I guess that cats have not adjusted to the move, but as soon as they saw Callie they were out and playing.  Our one cat trained Callie when she was a puppy to love her (the only cat that Callie doesn't attack). Saturday I cleaned, snuggled with Callie, and read a book on my kindle (it was not well written at all, but that's the gamble with free books). Sunday I unpacked and organized the kitchen.  I have soooo many glasses.  I ran out of cabinet space and my bf came home to tell me that he had at least 3 boxes of wine glasses that he still needed to bring over.  

When my bf got home from his friend's bachelor party we had dinner then drove out to my best friend's so I could finally meet my nephew.  He's adorable, but geez that kid can scream.

Oh, so on Saturday during the bachelor party, one of the guy's girlfriend showed up and crashed the party. She then made him leave.  Supposedly they had tickets to a concert, but she showed up first thing in the morning and quickly pulled him out of the hotel room.  I immediately got a text that said, "thank you for trusting me to have a guy's weekend, and for not being a psychopath."  He didn't even need to explain, because the girl checked in on facebook so I knew she had crashed. 

*grammar is not my friend today
  • @speakeasy14 I have one it's awesome but I'm still tossing and turning somehow. Glad you were able to keep busy this weekend.  I have a love hate relationship with the free kindle books, they can be good and sometimes really bad.

Anniversary

• @southernpeach89 yaaaaaaaay love that you have everything set up and meals made! Let's do this!!!

• @labro hahaha love that story!  Sadly, they live together and since that happened he doesn't hang out with the guys anymore.  This was the first time any of them have seen him in months. I don't think she's going anywhere. 
  • @labro aww Maddux! :') He's gonna be such a good fur-bro
  • @swazzle your hair looks so cute! I don't think anyone leads a less exciting life than me haha

@labro well that totally sucks about the "charity" work you signed up for wtf.
    I love those prints- Callie is going to have the most beautiful nursery!

@jenjen047 I bet they're just trying to be helpful (unless they're assholes in general) - I want to give my wedding advice to anyone who asks haha. Did they just invite you to dinner for the sole purpose of giving you advice that you didn't ask for? That could be annoying.

@speakeasy that girl is cray cray!

@jenna8984 I love getting rid of crap- that's awesome you got so much done! H is a hoarder and we have so much junk

• I had another pretty boring weekend, just the way I like it. I managed to stay awake to see H when he got home on both Friday and Saturday night! He ended up at work late both days last weekend so it was nice to see him. 
    Saturday was the open house on the first floor of our house. I was trying to eavesdrop from outside my door lol. Then last night we got a call from the landlord- they have an offer already and the buyer wants us out by Oct 15 so they can make the apartments into condos- exactly what I figured would happen. So that sucks. There's a unit for rent really close to us but I can't get the damn realtor to get back to me so I can go see it! I'm so annoyed, I don't like waiting. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards