Connecticut

HELP! Can my dress be altered, and any suggestions for seamstress?

edited August 2015 in Connecticut
Hi – I fell in love with this dress (attached) and purchased it in my current size, but am planning on losing some weight prior to my wedding.  Can this be altered?  It is seamless through the sides, and is sheer beginning on the side (no seam though) and through the back PLUS beading. I purchased from BHLDN in MA, and they do not do alteration services.  

My second question is - does anyone know of an EXPERIENCED tailor/seamstress in Central CT area?  I know this would be a difficult alteration from the beading/overlay/lack of seams in the sheer area...

I am freaking out a bit because I purchased it without thinking about the alteration part....

Thank you.

Re: HELP! Can my dress be altered, and any suggestions for seamstress?

• That dress is gorgeous.  I know a very reputable very talented seamstress in Niantic.  Her name is Lydia Colombo and she works out of Montage Bridal in Niantic.  That's probably too far south from you but if anyone can alter that dress, Lydia can.  That being said, I thought most wedding gowns could be altered and they always tell you to order in your current size, not you hopeful size.  Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you!!  Niantic isn't an awful drive, especially if it's for an experienced seamstress.
  • call bridal bells in berlin they do outside alterations on dresses not purchased there, the seemstress is top notch and knows how to work on the most delicate of dresses 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards