Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

I thought it was Wednesday this morning. 

I got off work a half hour early yesterday because there were system issues and I couldn't work.  That would make normal people happy, but I was pissed because I had to cancel OT and rearrange my whole schedule for the week.  

DH and I are at a stalemate on a certain issue.  I hate being at odds, but he's really horked me off. 

Working aforementioned OT makes it super hard to want to take any time off work. I have 40 hours of unscheduled vacation that has to be used by the end of the year. 

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

It certainly seems like it should be later in the week.  School calendar is filling up quickly.  Yesterday we got a letter about "math night."  A whole night where they get to explain new math and math teams.  DH is afraid he'll stroke out and I'm not sure how much of it I'm going to handle.  I thought math was going to be our strong suit.  If chemistry changes I'm throwing in the towel.

We're trying to pawn the kids off on FIL this weekend, but we don't have a soccer schedule.  My mom wants to take the kids Labor Day weekend, but we don't have a soccer schedule.  Games start next weekend.

I'm supposed to do a project for work, but I don't even have access to the file yet.

• Options
    What sucks about the 'new math' is that they only teach it in elementary and then switch them to the original way in Jr. High/HS.  Elementary school homework was the worst.  I still have nightmares. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

So there's hope we might understand later?!  There are 5 1st grade classes.  All the kids take a pre-test and they are split into learning teams amongst the 5 teachers.  They do the chapter then retest and regroup.  I like that they are grouping by ability and they are getting divided among the teachers.  I don't like all of the tests, but at least they are short.  6let has already had one.

• Options
    Morning.

I'm trying to get my payroll done but I just can't concentrate.

DH and I had big plans for working in the yard this afternoon/evening and I think it's going to rain all day.  Our back yard desperately needs attention, so this rain needs to blow over.

I'm ready for school to start.  The girls are also ready.  I think Son's only complaint about going back is going to bed at a decent time and getting up early.  They're all on school schedule this week to try to get used to getting up.
  • Options
    Friday and Saturday are looking good for the beach - I'm looking forward to getting away for a few days (and not having to go to another kid birthday party this weekend.)

Wolverine starts kindergarten on Monday. She's going to be 4 until November, so she doesn't meet the TX requirements to start in public school. She'll be at her school/daycare another year, but she loves the teacher (her pre-K teacher is taking over the K class), so I'm sure she'll enjoy it. I'm hoping we can test her into first grade for 2016/17; I'd hate to see her bored in K for another year because of her fall birthday. Current school is accredited, and the pre-K and K teachers are all certified, so the education should be on par (if not better) than what she'd get in the public schools in our district.  
  • Options
    Man.  I woke up this morning and looked at myself and said "oh you slept hard, huh?"

H told met last night that our group trip was cancelled because the cabin we were supposed to use is apparently full.  Okay?  So....not sure if we're trying to schedule something else or I'll just work the days I said I was going to be out.  Part of me thinks H and I should just leave town for the weekend for fun.  He'd probably rather stay in town and work on his shop but man....that's not fun for me.  Nope.
  • Options
    ftrMrs0 said:
    Part of me thinks H and I should just leave town for the weekend for fun.  He'd probably rather stay in town and work on his shop but man....that's not fun for me.  Nope.
    ^^ I vote yes on this, especially if you're still TTC. Get out and enjoy the time you still have with 2 of you, because it gets harder to get in couple time when you have a kid. 
  • Options
    @*Barbie* Yeah the whole TTC will be longer than I anticipated I think, so even though we have a trip for November, I think we'll probably not have to worry about not getting out.  But I think you're right.  I'm going to pose it to H, he'll probably say "I'd rather work on the shop" so...where do I want to go...hmmmm?

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Can you compromise one night out somewhere and some working on the man shop?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

@*Barbie*- I'm just going to mention checking the ages in your school and consider the culture.  6let is September and we held.  I thought he'd be by far the oldest and he's easily middle.  There were 7 year olds in his kinder class.  M2 will be one of the youngest with a MARCH birthday.  People regularly hold April and May birthdays and even some December.

Even the brightest of the kids isn't bored in his classes.

• Options
    @6fsn - 7yo in kindergarten?! That's a bit insane.

The curriculum is basically the same, so if she's mature enough, I'd try to push her ahead. I've already seen her get bored in pre-school/pre-K because she understands the material and we work with her at home. 

Down here, I would say that 5/6 is completely normal depending on when birthdays fall. Some of the parents hold boys back because of sports. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    My niece started high school.  They had to talk about 20 year olds not being able to play HIGH school sports.  It's crazy. I'm a little defensive about the thought the only reason boys are held is sports.  It's not at all why we held, but yet it always gets assumed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards