Chit Chat
Options

First World Problems

Anyone?

I'm a Blackhawks fan and therefore hate the Redwings. We're planning on going to a game up in Detroit and to get the preasale, I have to enter the code "Zetterberg". I might actually vomit. 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: First World Problems

• Options
    My friend (and workout buddy) can't make it to the gym at our usually scheduled time, so I have to busy myself for an hour after work. Thought I'd go home and start prepping dinner, even though DH usually cooks on my workout days. So I have to workout AND cook tonight, blah.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    FI is away for recurrent simulator training all week. He is the main cook in the house, now I have to fend for myself for 5 days...
  • Options
    My summer break only has 8 days left.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I have 867-5309 stuck in my head.
    Thanks, now I do too. But I guess it's better than "Watch Me Nay Nay," which had been stuck in my head all day.

My FWP: It's too damn hot outside, and we only have a portable AC unit. It only has the capacity to cool one room, so we will be stuck in the living room all night.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Where to start.  I need 1 more skien of yarn to finish this blanket I've been working on for about 80 years.  They don't sell the colour anymore, but I think I can order it through Walmart.  Cost me double with the shipping.  

I need to change up my CV to apply for scholarships (free money!!).  I can't be bothered even though I'm finished the research proposal.  

I'm missing 2 Lulu items.  Can't find them anywhere - laundry, drying, closet.  They're gone and I'm mad.  

2 more weeks till I have to go back.  I've had almost no summer since I was in class for the first 6 weeks.  Yes, I know most of you don't get summer vacation.  That's why I'm bitching here.  ;)

• Options
    .....Damn you.....

emmaaa said:
    Now, I do too. Thanks, SSC.

Thanks, now I do too. But I guess it's better than "Watch Me Nay Nay," which had been stuck in my head all day.

My FWP: It's too damn hot outside, and we only have a portable AC unit. It only has the capacity to cool one room, so we will be stuck in the living room all night.

• Options
    Anyone?

I'm a Blackhawks fan and therefore hate the Redwings. We're planning on going to a game up in Detroit and to get the preasale, I have to enter the code "Zetterberg". I might actually vomit. 
    Avs fan here, so I feel ya sister.

Mine is that our check scanning machine for deposits is broken here at work.  I just spent an hour on the phone with IT trying to fix it.  Now awaiting a call back from the bank's IT person to see if they can fix it.  If they can't fix it today, I actually have to drive down the street to the bank to deposit our checks.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Anyone?

Mine is that our check scanning machine for deposits is broken here at work.  I just spent an hour on the phone with IT trying to fix it.  Now awaiting a call back from the bank's IT person to see if they can fix it.  If they can't fix it today, I actually have to drive down the street to the bank to deposit our checks.  

Hawks fan here too and season ticket holder. We just found out today that we are going to have to choose between the regular season opener where they hoist the cup and raise the flags and a (growing ever more likely by the day) Cubs playoff game. We aren't used to having to worry about the Cubs during Hawks season.
  • Options
    chloe97 said:
    Anyone?

Hawks fan here too and season ticket holder. We just found out today that we are going to have to choose between the regular season opener where they hoist the cup and raise the flags and a (growing ever more likely by the day) Cubs playoff game. We aren't used to having to worry about the Cubs during Hawks season.

STUCK

I'll g'head and take those Hawks opener tickets for you. So you don't have to decide.

You're welcome.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I left my lunch from Friday at work because they catered something yummy. I planned to eat it yesterday but forgot that we were taking my boss out for her birthday. Then I planned to eat it today but, yet again, free yummy catered food. I also packed a lunch today because I forgot that I had the Monday food in the fridge. So now I have two sad lunches waiting for me in the fridge at work.

I probably need to toss the Friday lunch though. The leftovers are going on a week....
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    .....Damn you.....

emmaaa said:
    Now, I do too. Thanks, SSC.

Edited because TK ate my gif

• Options
    edited August 2015

***boxes ***
    I've had that stupid "oh I think I have found myself a cheerleader" song in my head for days!
  • Options

chloe97 said:

Anyone?

STUCK

I'll g'head and take those Hawks opener tickets for you. So you don't have to decide.

You're welcome.

I'll go to either game you do t go to... *wink*
  • Options
    chloe97 said:
    Anyone?

Hey maybe you can manage both?  A couple years ago, we did Rockies season opener during the day and the Avs/Red Wings game that same night.  It was on a Friday so we had the entire weekend to recover haha.  It also helps that the ballpark and the arena are close by here in Denver.  Not so much in Chicago.... although still probably doable if you had a cab!
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    chloe97 said:
    Anyone?

Hey maybe you can manage both?  A couple years ago, we did Rockies season opener during the day and the Avs/Red Wings game that same night.  It was on a Friday so we had the entire weekend to recover haha.  It also helps that the ballpark and the arena are close by here in Denver.  Not so much in Chicago.... although still probably doable if you had a cab!

Yeah maybe, depending on the times. I've done noon bears games and 6:00 hawks games in the same day (and will again twice this year). But wrigley is pretty far north....
  • Options
    Took my jeep to the dealership today because the AC isn't blowing cold air. I had to sit there for 2 1/2 hours for them to tell me they had to order the part. Then when I got in my car again I saw that they had taken change from my cup holder.

I'm more annoyed that I won't have AC for at least a week and it's been over 100 here in Denver. I wilt, I say. And like half the houses in Denver don't have AC, but don't let me go for a week in my car.
  • Options
    chloe97 said:
    Anyone?

Yeah maybe, depending on the times. I've done noon bears games and 6:00 hawks games in the same day (and will again twice this year). But wrigley is pretty far north....

We actually may just go to the beginning of the Hawks game and leave to watch the Cubs game. But it's the Cubs, so it's too early to count of them not blowing !
  • Options
    The farmer who plows the field in our "front yard" sliced a power pole in half, caught it on fire, started a grass fire, and now we have no electricity. It's 90+ degrees here in Texas! >:( and we've had no power or A/C for going on 4 hours.
  • Options
    Can't sleep... mind is racing with (good) thoughts.

And now: Jenny, I got your number! ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!
  • Options
    fyrchk said:
    Took my jeep to the dealership today because the AC isn't blowing cold air. I had to sit there for 2 1/2 hours for them to tell me they had to order the part. Then when I got in my car again I saw that they had taken change from my cup holder.

I'm more annoyed that I won't have AC for at least a week and it's been over 100 here in Denver. I wilt, I say. And like half the houses in Denver don't have AC, but don't let me go for a week in my car.
    What kind/year Jeep do you have. DH used to have a WJ (Grand Cherokee, 2002) and apparently the air going out is pretty normal for those models and Jeeps in general. DH's air went out and then the heat. It was miserable because we never fixed it.

Good Luck!

• Options
    I'm hungry. And it's only 9:30 am in Tennessee. And I already ate breakfast.

• Options
    loveislouderloveislouder member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    I'm hungry. And it's only 9:30 am in Tennessee. And I already ate breakfast.
    ETA: I've tried 3 times to put in the LOTR "What about second breakfast" gif but it won't work.
  • Options
    @loveislouder it's the thought that counts. I am cracking up over that!!

• Options

I took my car to the body shop today to get the hundreds and hundreds of dents from the hailstorm a couple weeks ago fixed.

They told me it could take up to two weeks to fix my car. So now I have to drive this stupid rental car for two weeks and the radio is stuck on the country station (which I hate) because I can't figure out how to change the station.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards