Not Engaged Yet
Options

Whateva Wednesday

124»

Re: Whateva Wednesday

• Options
    @jenjen047 lol nope I just always thought the ones on route 9 that overlook the lake/ water have really pretty views!

• Options
    jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    oh also ....

@labro - i love that color and agree about the pop of colors against them. i dont really know what our color scheme or style is.....since its a winter wedding in the city, i feel like it calls for deeper hues (hence the charcoal and amethyst) and richer fabrics (like i dont think chiffon would work). the GMs will all be in classic black tuxes. i have no idea what we will do for flowers or centerpieces. 

@lavenderfields13 - i think i want them all in the same color. i dont do well with mixing colors/patterns, etc. 
  • Options
    @jenna8984 Or you know, you could be honest, because you literally just said gray dresses are drab in photos.

• Options
    Don't mind me, just loving stuff and not posting.

Y'all some damn chatty ladies.

@mrskittydanger me thinks you may need a refresher in 5th grade geography where the different types of bodies of water were defined. 

@jenjen047 LOVE those BM dresses!! I did the same: same designer/fabric/color, different dresses on each girl. It looked awesome. 

@lavenderfields13 I don't blame you demanding parking! Also, downsizing isn't awful. 800 sq ft is totally doable. My first apartment was 526, then went to 812, and was then going to move to a 720, but moved cities to a three bedroom duplex. Unfortunately, I had all of our stuff packed for the downsize, so we got to the house a month later and had NOTHING in more than half the house. Oops. 

Working this week has been the hardest thing ever. I'm completely unfocused because I've felt like shit, I have nothing pressing to get ready, and my birthday is Friday! I had such a great weekend seeing @eilis1228 almost every day that my system is in shock that I won't see her again until Monday. 

Tonight H is making birthday dinner and we're supposed to hang out and watch a movie. Suggestions are welcomed. 

Tomorrow  I'm coming in to the office and then leaving to spend my birthday in Houston with all my friends! Woo! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    @audrewuh i'm going by what the places we're going to are called. Both are called 'bay'
    {reference - Constance Bay, Mooney's Bay}
  • Options
    @labro - i wanted to do a neutral....like a dusty rose or a dark beige color. but two of my BMs are fair skinned (and will be even more so in the dead of winter) and it wasn't flattering on them. 

i am kind of leaning towards charcoal and then doing white ranunculus with a few deep purple flowers here and there for my bouquet. thats more my taste but i know FI thought the amethyst would be really nice too. im surprised he has an opinion, but im glad he does! i need to show him the pics of the actual dresses in each color as well as the pics of them on the girls and see what he thinks. either way i feel like we cant go wrong! 

@andrewuh - your BMs look great!! i think its nice to let each person find a style thats flattering to them. also happy early bday!
  • Options
    @labro you're on a roll today, I love it!

@jenjen047 I like the idea of neutrals with pops of color. 

@audrewuh JIC happy early birthday!

I just want to go home. Today is one of those days I've looked at the time at least 10 times and it has not changed.  image
  • Options
    @labro - You know what is even worse?  Your FI telling you "I don't care" then, upon seeing your choice, asks "Why are we doing X and not Y?"  I know plenty of people who do that...thankfully H only tried it like once and I gave him the death glare.  Of course it helped that I wrote out the minor decisions we needed to make like flowers, colors, lights, seating charts, stationary, favors, rehearsal dinner, etc., etc. and went through them to ask if he really wanted to go to the vendor meetings, stores, deal with parents' and bridal parties' opinions on dress styles/colors, etc or just have me stick within a set budget. He said "budget please" pretty quickly.   ;)
  • Options
    @jenjen047 because I'm beyond bored right now I looked up your colors and found some really pretty ideas:

image  image imageimage
  • Options
    @minskat30 Omg....definitely the death glare! H's concern was that we were in budget and that was pretty much it. It was funny though, he was so focused on some "traditional" things....like not seeing each other before the ceremony (so no first look, looking back I think I wish I had pushed more for this, since we were really strapped for time on pictures after the ceremony) and having even numbers (although I explained how it was NBD to him).

• Options
    @labro - sorry, i misread your comment and thought you suggested winter neutrals for the dresses, not the flowers. my mistake! also those flowers are amazing! i think i have the 1st and 3rd ones already pinned, actually!

@speakeasy14 - hahah love the pictures!! those fur wraps are nice, i might have to look into those for my girls ;)

i went back to DB with my MOH tonight and she tried on the 4th dress and LOVED it. she looked stunning in it too. i was able to try on my dress next to her and i think we actually decided to go with charcoal for all the dresses, and then use colors in the flowers as accents. 

so my 2 BMs from Massachusetts have voiced their preferences for these two dresses. im hoping the last 2 BMs will look equally beautiful in the remaining 2 dresses, otherwise we will find something else that suits them. 

also DB is currently saying these dresses take 15 weeks to be delivered, which puts us about 6 weeks before my wedding. that seems do-able to me, but im also a novice at this. 

oh also....FIs opinions really consist of offhand comments like "i think purple would be really nice". i dont want to brush him off because its just as much his wedding as mine, but i also know if i tell him that the charcoal was really gorgeous and i think its the better choice he will totally default to my judgement. he voices an opinion, but its usually not something he REALLY cares about too much either way. i actually enjoy it, because i like that hes taking somewhat of an active interest. however he told me when it comes to selecting flowers he doesnt want any part of it. i cant say i blame him....im not especially looking forward to that part either. 
  • Options
    @jenjen047 Floral appointments were some of my favorite ( at least before I got the bill lol). I'll gladly go for you!!

• Options
    edited August 2015
    @jenjen047  - love the dresses, they're going to look gorgeous! H wanted nothing to do with our flowers either and that's understandable. He went to meetings with the venue, DJ & photographer and I asked for his input on designing the invitations. 

ETA: the woman who designed the invites was surprised that H didn't show up for the meeting with her. I was like umm..we work opposite schedules so it's hard for him to come with me and do most brides really drag their FI to every single appt??

• Options
    @jenjen047 I chose charcoal for BM dresses and my BMs chose Bill Levkoff dresses in pewter. When I was watching my wedding video (http://lmproductions88.com/videos/abigail-derek/) the dresses looked like a purple-grey. It's just the way they photographed. But they looked charcoal IRL. 
  • Options
    @jenjen047 DB always says that, but the longest it has ever taken for me to receive a dress from them was 3 weeks.  My sister's bridal gown was even delivered a week after her final payment was made (which was 9 months prior to her wedding).  Just so you know, they will only hold dresses for a week (including bridal gowns), or they will send them back. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 Same here. DB has never been more than 2-3 weeks for the dresses I've had to wear in weddings. 
  • Options
    @jenjen047 I really love the charcoal dresses! They are going to be gorgeous! I haven't ordered a BM dress from DB, but I did order a FG dress and some FG accessories recently. Both came in waaaaay before they were estimated to arrive. I think they just tell you the longest time possible to cover their asses. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 @eilis1228 - thanks for the tip!

and thanks everyone! im so excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards