Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Dreams about your wedding

Did anyone dream about their wedding day before it happened?  Has anyone dreamed of their wedding day after it's happened?

I got engaged in December 2011, and between then and now, I've had no less than 5 dreams about my wedding day.  They always have one thing in common: I'm not ready!  In at least 3 of the dreams, my FI and I hadn't practiced our first dance.  In my most recent dream, the centerpieces, flowers, and cake weren't ready, which accurately reflects real life right now (they're the 3 biggest things that haven't been decided yet).  I feel deeply disappointed in these dreams, and wake relieved that none of it was real.

It's strange because I don't really feel any anxiety of stress about my wedding during my waking hours.  I feel only excitement and anticipation; I've been having a lot of fun planning and thinking about it.  However, I guess it's only natural to worry deep down that something won't go the way you want.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dreams about your wedding

• Options
    Totally normal to have dreams about things going wrong on the day of.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I've dreamt more than once that we forgot to get a marriage license
  • Options
    I definitely had a couple nightmares about the wedding before it happened.  The actual day of turned out perfect.  I couldn't have asked for more.
  • Options
    I had a recurring dream that I had a broken arm and a big white cast for my wedding.  But I also rocked an elbow-length glove on the other hand and it looked fine.

I don't know what that was all about.  I've never even broken a bone.

That being said, dreams are normal.  I highly doubt you'll be walking down the aisle in your underwear (Unless it's that kind of wedding, in which case, congrats).
  • Options
    I also got engaged Dec 2011! :) I've had dreams that I'm not ready or forgot to book a makeup artist. I think it's just Nerves but I'm glad I'm not the only one with the dreams.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

189image 110image 5image 74image
  • Options
    It's just anxiety manifesting itself at night for sure.  During the day a lot of us are too busy or distracted by other things to worry about things like all the wedding details, but at night I know for me personally my brain starts to race. I had so many dreams about not being ready and things being wrong. I remember continually thinking, "this isn't how it was supposed to be!" and feeling really upset.  It sounds like you're not worried about it during the day, so this probably won't apply to you, but one thing I tried to do to avoid the bad dreams was to avoid doing any wedding-related stuff (including just talking about it) at night right before I went to bed. I usually try to read (not wedding stuff) to help me decompress a little bit.  

• Options
    I had them too! Most of my dreams consisted of me running out of time and showing up to the wedding without my hair done, makeup done etc.
  • Options
    I've had 2 so far, both about the flowers turning out nothing like how I had imagined. Once I realized it was probably because I wasn't a huge fan of what was planned, and changed it, I haven't had any dreams because I know that it's pretty hard to mess up what I want now :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my gosh Im not alone!!! It's the worse feeling waking up with these disasters still going about in your head. I've had a number of bad dreams now and also thought it strange as I haven't been stressing overall (except for one or two mini-breakdowns, which have been resolved). 

I dreamt once that the photographer was late and couldnt find my house, but she was late because the priest moved the ceremony forward by an hour. And in another the cake wasnt delivered...

My mother told me to stop stressing and as I say I thought I was fine, however, I discovered recently that I may have spastic colon...brought on by stress! So yes I have been stressing more that I realized. The best thing is to take one step at a time, rely more on those around you, pamper yourself and have faith everything will fall into place! Ive been trying this and feeling a lot better, at end the of the day, the worrying is not worth it! 

Good luck and stop stressing!
  • Options
    I had a few dreams, especially when the wedding day was close.  Most of the dreams weren't exactly picture perfect but my wedding day turned out lovely :)
    Anniversary TTC since December 2012
  • Options
    I had a dream before we even got engaged that it was our wedding day and I forgot to ask my best friend to be a bridesmaid or even invite her! I woke up feeling really bad about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had a few dreams about the wedding. Most of them were of the sort that everything has gone wrong and way behind (our actual wedding was perfectyly on time) and all of the guests left before the wedding started. But my favorite dream was the last one, a couple of weeks before the wedding I dreamt that me and my then fiance were on a date night, walking down the street together then all of the sudden we we like, wait what is the date today? August 7th! We are supposed to be getting married right now! And then the rest of the dream was us rushing aroung trying to get to the venue and everyone is there waiting for us and starting to leave cause it is so late and ended up getting married super late and with like only  two guests. It was so funny! It made me crack up when I woke up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards