Attire & Accessories Forum

I found and bought My TRUE dress (and veil)!

I bought a dress thinking it was the one, but it was without shopping with my mom, and on Monday I went shopping with my mom and we found one that we both like a lot better which is amazing since we were looking for different things…and I knew that the one I had bought wasn’t THE ONE, but it’s okay since it was part of the $99 sale.

Here’s the old dress:

image image

I still think it’s beautiful, and a wonderful dress, but it’s not MY dress.Here’s THE ONE:image
imageimage
Sorry the pics are so big...I don't know how to change it!

Re: I found and bought My TRUE dress (and veil)!

• AddieCake said:
    So you planned to have someone copy and make a dress for you, and instead you purchased 2 different dresses? Meanwhile you don't have a reception venue, aren't sure exactly how many people you are inviting, and are freaking out about only having a year to plan. Maybe stop dress shopping and take care of the other things you need to take care of.

------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I was never going to have my aunt copy anything. Just give ideas and then make a dress from those. 

I know my budget, I know my ceremony venue, I know we're inviting approximately 140 people...I'm doing pretty damn well. And by the way, I'm done dress shopping, and I started doing it when I was still planning a wedding 2 years away. We literally just changed it to 2016 last week!

The biggest stress about only having a year to plan is FINDING the venue! Where I live, many places book 2 years out!

• If the last dress wasn't the one, why we're you so excited about it? I mean you even wrote a thread about it.
  • If the last dress wasn't the one, why we're you so excited about it? I mean you even wrote a thread about it.
    Because I thought it was. And if I had picked it out with my mom, it probably would have been. But it's a completely different experience dress shopping with your mom than vs dress shopping with your roommate.
    Because I thought it was. And if I had picked it out with my mom, it probably would have been. But it's a completely different experience dress shopping with your mom than vs dress shopping with your roommate.

Which is another reason why it is not  good  to go dress shopping  without intentions of buying a dress.

• Yes, I went dress shopping with no intentions of buying. Yes I bought. Yes I ultimately decided on a different dress. Can we all be over that now? I mean, aren't we all adults?
  • Stop going dress shopping or you will end up with three. Maybe then you'll have time to focus on other wedding stuff and not freak out about that stuff since you moved your wedding up a year.
  • Stop going dress shopping or you will end up with three. Maybe then you'll have time to focus on other wedding stuff and not freak out about that stuff since you moved your wedding up a year.
    Um, why the heck would I go dress shopping anymore? I've always said I was going to go with my mom, even if I got a dress at the $99 sale because that was important to both her and I...and now WE together found the perfect dress and have ordered it. And dress shopping has in no way infringed upon any other part of planning anyway.
    Um, why the heck would I go dress shopping anymore? I've always said I was going to go with my mom, even if I got a dress at the $99 sale because that was important to both her and I...and now WE together found the perfect dress and have ordered it. And dress shopping has in no way infringed upon any other part of planning anyway.
    Well it seems ridiculous to go dress shopping when you have a dress you "love," but then again you did it. Again not caring about potentially wasting sales people's time. But you don't care about that.
    Well it seems ridiculous to go dress shopping when you have a dress you "love," but then again you did it. Again not caring about potentially wasting sales people's time. But you don't care about that.
    So you would pass up an opportunity to get a super cheap dress that you loved? That seems ridiculous.

And it's not wasting their time. It's having them do their job. I've done sales. I've done commission. I know how it works.
  • Well I'm not that young. Younger than most of you probably...but most of you sound middle aged which compared to me is old.
  • Well how old are you?
  • I don't get why there's so much negativity here. Y'all should be happy I found my dress!
  • Right, your entitled to have us be happy you found a second dress.
  • I'm at least entitled to some respect.
  • Old enough. 

Again, which of you old middle-aged hags has the Beebee stamp?
  • I'm not even close to even middle aged! And everyone deserves respect!
  • edited August 2015
    I don't respect the man for that, but I'm sure there are other things about him to respect. I believe people are inherently good.

I'm grown. I've been adulting and in the real world for quite awhile now thank you.
  • DarthV8rDarthV8r member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2015

Stop going dress shopping or you will end up with three. Maybe then you'll have time to focus on other wedding stuff and not freak out about that stuff since you moved your wedding up a year.

So you would pass up an opportunity to get a super cheap dress that you loved? That seems ridiculous.

And it's not wasting their time. It's having them do their job. I've done sales. I've done commission. I know how it works.

I passed on a super cheap dress I loved. I want to make sure I want to purchase it. It's been 3 months and I'm still waiting. I have until may 2016 to buy a wedding dress and that is plenty of time. I often think fondly about that dress but I want to be sure it's the one.

Edited because I repeated myself. It must be that Saturday night wine.

• OP, you posted a big thread on another board about how everything was going wrong with your wedding plans.  I am questioning if you will really be having a wedding at all.  Things just don't sounds too good for you right now.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Quote box-----------------
    Judging from this, it sounds like you are more in love with the "dress shopping experience" than your actual dress, which I find sad, tbh. If you wanted your mom there, then you shouldn't have gone shopping without her. Obviously that ship has sailed now, but maybe you can just think about the dresses now that you have them both and what you truly want to walk down the aisle in.
  • I'm at least entitled to some respect.
    You think you're entitled to quite a lot of things, it seems.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards