Attire & Accessories Forum

I found and bought My TRUE dress (and veil)!

13»

Re: I found and bought My TRUE dress (and veil)!

• HA! Teenager? OR spoiled? I'm far from either! My parents give me nothing. Honestly, I'm surprised they're even willing to pay for the wedding! I've been in the real world for plenty of time, and I've been through a hell of a lot.

As for which dress you guys like better -- that really doesn't matter, does it? I'm the one who's going to be wearing it! And to me, it looks absolutely nothing like a prom dress...if you had worn that to prom at my school, you would've been laughed out! At my school, when you go to prom you wear either super short and tight, or long and tight. Never poofy. Ever.
    This makes you sound spoiled or at the very least ungrateful-especially if your parents haven't given you much until now. My parents gave me what they could, little though it was, and boy wouldn't it be nice if they were able to give us money for the wedding; same goes to my FILs.

However, even so i would probably turn down the money because i wouldn't want the attached strings because FI and I know what we want and I'm quite certain or parents would change loads of things given the opportunity. And i agree with which ever PP said you're anxiety seems to be stemming from the fact your mom seems to have total control of your wedding planning.

I have less than a year to plan a well. In fact i have less than a year to make my own dress from scratch, get the house and barn renovated, annd catering/rentals/everything else. A year is plenty if time to do those things (i just helped my friend get everything together for hers in about 6 weeks time and we still have 6 weeks to go! No sweat! ) besides normal life happening (working 2 jobs as a stay at home mom, FI travels for work and is gone about 1 week every month or two, paying bills, unexpected things popping up. )

You came onto the boards (not just this post but all of them) asking for advice from these awesome ladies (some of which are married and hanging around just to help us newbies) and when they give you their honest opinions, etiquette guidelines, and problem solving tips, when you disagree you get defensive and start name calling.

My advice would be to step back, take a deep breath, and start to consider that you might be wrong sometimes and these ladies will be a super helpful tool getting your wedding together in the time you have.
  • I'll be 31 on the 11th and I don't even remember my prom. Either I'm losing my memory from old age or a lot of people were smoking weed that night.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Today is my last day of being 31, and I skipped prom.  Guess my life is a waste.

• Let me just say that I am getting a serious kick out of these posts! You knotties are just making my Tuesday amazing right now. I am 26. I will be 27 when I marry. I just can't even get past the fact that you passed up such a gorgeous dress like the first one for the second. To me that second dress screams young'n who wants to play dress up. BUT I am getting close to that MIDDLE-AGED mark myself....I'm not with the times of the younger generation!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards