Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Been waiting three months for pictures...is this acceptable?

We got married June 9, 2012 and have yet to see one single picture, proof or anything from our photographer.  In mid July we emailed her ( preferred method of communication) to get a time frame and she said she was sending them out to us that week.  A month later when we still hadn't received anything, 2 more emails ( a week apart) were sent with no response.  We have left her two voicemails since then and have gotten no response.  What should we do next?  Do we give her more time?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Been waiting three months for pictures...is this acceptable?

• Options
    Check your contract. How long does it say they have to give you your pictures? I've heard generally it can go from six weeks to three months for couples to get their pictures back. My sister got married August 27th. She had her pictures by the 31st. I know this is typically unheard of but the photographer is amazing and the pictures came out fantastic. Do you know where your photographer's studio is? You could go during business hours to see what's going on.
  • Options
    I've heard of contracts with dates up to 6 months after the wedding.  However, if you are not getting any response from her, I'd be concerned.  Can you go see her in person?
  • Options
    Like others have said, it all depends on what it says in your contract. Ours says up to 6 months & we’re at 4.5mo right now. In some areas, waiting more than 2mo is unheard of. Around here, not so much. Like PP said, does your photog have a studio you can go to if they’re not answering? What about a Facebook page? You can comment on there saying that you’ve been trying to reach them.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_been-waiting-three-months-for-picturesis-this-acceptable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:f4e3b05d-b290-4fee-955f-a0de69cb1cb7Post:9188440c-219a-47b1-a8f9-339001d0e001">Been waiting three months for pictures...is this acceptable?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got married June 9, 2012 and have yet to see one single picture, proof or anything from our photographer.  In mid July we emailed her ( preferred method of communication) to get a time frame and she said she was sending them out to us that week.  A month later when we still hadn't received anything, 2 more emails ( a week apart) were sent with no response.  We have left her two voicemails since then and have gotten no response.  What should we do next?  Do we give her more time?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    Posted by knstinson[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree to check your contract. Try not to stress! Summer and fall are VERY busy wedding seasons. However, it doesn't seem there should be any reason she can't at least send you a few pictures to tide you over. We got married in late July and were surprised when our photographer emailed us a week later apoogizing that he hadn't gotten our pictures to us yet! But I think he just understood the eagerness brides have to see them! I would try to follow up by phone, even if email is her "preferred" method of contact.</div>
  • Options
    I am sorry you have had to wait so long, I would be upset, too!  Maybe you can contact them and politely ask how much longer it will be.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_been-waiting-three-months-for-picturesis-this-acceptable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:f4e3b05d-b290-4fee-955f-a0de69cb1cb7Post:9188440c-219a-47b1-a8f9-339001d0e001">Been waiting three months for pictures...is this acceptable?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got married June 9, 2012 and have yet to see one single picture, proof or anything from our photographer.  In mid July we emailed her ( preferred method of communication) to get a time frame and she said she was sending them out to us that week.  A month later when we still hadn't received anything, 2 more emails ( a week apart) were sent with no response.  We have left her two voicemails since then and have gotten no response.  What should we do next?  Do we give her more time?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

So sorry this is happening. Photog promised you in June that you would receive the photos that week. I don't know what your contract says, but I'd go with that date.

She's now several months late. Write her letter, laying out the time frame and due date. Further, state when you emailed her requesting info and that you left her voicemails on x y and z dates. And state that she has not responded. Give her 7-10 days to respond or you will file a small claims action. If she doesn't, then file a small claims actions. I would not give her more time, unless your contract provides for it.

As a cautionary tale, in the future for the other people on this site, set the dates out ahead of time in the contract. And also set out that you will not give final payment until you receive the photos.
    Unfortunate yet necessary disclaimer: This communication may be considered attorney advertising. No attorney client relationship has been formed. The use of any content provided on this site and your provision or submission of any information while using this site will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. The content of this site is provided solely for informational purposes: it is not intended as and does not constitute legal advice. The information contained herein should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for consultation with legal, accounting, tax, career and/or other professional advisors - Christie
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!  Our photographer works from her home, so no studio for us to go to and our contract only says "as soon as one week" so its very open ended.  Lesson learned!!  Good news is that the photographer texted ( which I think is a cop out after two emails and two phone calls) that our cd of proofs was returned to her and that she was mailing it out again on friday.  Fingers crossed we receive them beginning of next week!  Thanks again for everyones input :)
  • Options
    It is not acceptable that your photographer has not responded to voice mail or email.  Period.  It doesn't matter what's in the contract (yes, timing varies from 4 to 12 or more weeks).

Do you have the email address for one of her assistants?  That might be a way to get her attention.  Other than that, you can start calling once an hour (not the best thing to do, admittedly).  Ugh!

Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_been-waiting-three-months-for-picturesis-this-acceptable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:f4e3b05d-b290-4fee-955f-a0de69cb1cb7Post:1b748a26-2737-4675-82db-a88fd94766cc">Re: Been waiting three months for pictures...is this acceptable?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone!!  Our photographer works from her home, so no studio for us to go to and our contract only says "as soon as one week" so its very open ended.  Lesson learned!!  Good news is that the photographer texted ( which I think is a cop out after two emails and two phone calls) that our cd of proofs was returned to her and that she was mailing it out again on friday.  Fingers crossed we receive them beginning of next week!  Thanks again for everyones input :)

Let us know how it goes.

"as soon as one week"  - oh boy! That term was not in your favor. "as soon as one week..."  translation: "as late as I feel like." Sorry to hear about the drama. But sounds like you will be getting a happy ending here!
    Unfortunate yet necessary disclaimer: This communication may be considered attorney advertising. No attorney client relationship has been formed. The use of any content provided on this site and your provision or submission of any information while using this site will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. The content of this site is provided solely for informational purposes: it is not intended as and does not constitute legal advice. The information contained herein should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for consultation with legal, accounting, tax, career and/or other professional advisors - Christie
  • Options
    I hope you get your photos and after this wait the pictures are beautiful!
  • Options
    Usually I wouldn't say that's anything extreme- photographers are very busy around this time of year, and I'd rather wait and have it right than have to have them go back to edit a bunch.  But I'm sorry you were told you'd have them sooner and they haven't followed through- that's unprofessional.  Have patience, I'm sure it will be worth it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards