Chit Chat
Options

Monday morning blues - Random I do not get stuff..

lyndausvilyndausvi mod
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited August 2015 in Chit Chat
I was changed out of my uniform yesterday and bent down to put on take off my pants and well, apparently I was too close to the wood foot board.  I whacked my forehead it pretty good.   Nice little bruise.

While DH is in new bed heaven, I can't say the same. It's better than our other bed, but I'm not really use to it yet (it's only been 3 nights).

Work - they did the owner maintenance fee drop on Thursday.  It's always a shit show so I'm preparing for the worse and logged in at 6:45am.    The other woman in the office has pneumonia, so that means I get to handle all the phone calls and emails.   Boo.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Monday morning blues - Random I do not get stuff..

• Options
    Ick!
    I long for a new bed. Ours leaves me aching in the middle of the night.

Work did something similar last week for our accounts in prep for a new fee coming out. So for the last 3 days I've been fielding calls wanting to know why it happened. Same stuff over and over.
    I can't wait until the real fee starts happening. /sarcasm
    Anniversary

• Options
    I  am self conscience and awkward. We get a free engagement session  with our photography package and I'm kind of dreading it. I don't want it to be corny and I don't  feel pretty with the extra weight I have gained.  I started a walking routine and changed my eating habits but the engagement photos will probably be taken soon.  
  • Options
    I stayed up too late last night watching the third Resident Evil movie. So I slept in a little this morning and started at 9:00 instead of 8:00. So now I have to stay at work later to make up my time. Boo.

My other blue is stupid and FWP. We had our housewarming party on Saturday and we were working really hard to get the house looking nice. Now that it's done I don't know what to do with myself. I need a new project.

• Options
    I don't know why but I am super tired today. I took a three hour nap yesterday and got nine hours of sleep. 

I'm leaving early next Thursday so I have to make up time this week and next week. :/

Because H and I napped yesterday, we didn't do our typical Sunday grocery shopping and need to go today. Ugh. 

Sorry about your head, @LyndaUSVI
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

We're on shutdown this week so instead of coming in at 7am I get to come in at 6am. Which I was all for until I heard the alram go off at 4:45am. And being that it's shutdown, only maintenance (my group)  and one other department is in the building. I.am.so bored.

On the plus side that means I get to Knot all day all week.

• Options
    I am exhausted this morning. 15 hours worth of driving in a 42 hour time span is too much! FI and I got home at 1130 last night and I feel like death this morning.

Had my final dress fitting yesterday. And while the dress looks fantastic, the whole experience was super frustrating. The store called me at 7pm Saturday night asking if there was any way to move my appt from 1pm to 5pm. I told them no as I had to drive 7.5 hours home immediately following my appt. They said ok, no big deal. I didn't think to much about it. Figured they overbooked and would figure something out.

Got to my 1pm appointment only to find out that my dress isnt done. They said they just needed 5 more minutes. An hour later they finally bring the dress out for me. I had texted FI what was going on because he was just going to go and window shop while he waited for me as it was supposed to be a half an hour appt. I finally finished up at 245. FI was so mad, he felt so bad that my entire dress experience had been bad (I also had a bad shopping experience too with customer service). Ugh. But the dress looks fantastic so at least there is that. 

FI and I finally hit the road home at 330, 2 hours after our planned departure. Bleck,

But I only have 12 days left now until my vacation starts! and 19 days til the wedding!

• Options
    So. Tired.

I stayed up way to late last night watching Bachelor in Paradise and then a couple episodes of Grey's. Whyyyy do I do this to myself????

• Options
    I just gave advice to a Knottie who is honeymooning where H and I want to move.

Now I'm sad and want to move today. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I just gave advice to a Knottie who is honeymooning where H and I want to move.

Now I'm sad and want to move today. 
    I get sad sometimes when people say they are going to the island I lived.    I have yet to see anyone go to our actual HM spot and rarely even the country.    Which is kind-of cool we were unique in that aspect. 

6 weeks to NYC, 9 weeks to the islands.   Not that I'm counting or anything.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    lyndausvi said:
    Random question/thought: I do not get getting ready in robe shots.  I just don't.    

Honest question:  For those of you who had robes for your BM, what have you done with your pictures?  Because I can tell you with 100% certainty I do NOT want a picture of me in a robe hanging in your home or even in an album.  Nope, not at all.  
    And why is it only the women with all the matchy-matchy crap?  You never hear of a groom trying to buy robes or tanks or button down shirts with monograms for all his groomsmen to get ready in.

Like what is it about the matchy-matchy outifts that are appealing?  I mean do they really, in your eyes (meaning those that are for it), make the picture better?

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    lyndausvi said:
    Random question/thought: I do not get getting ready in robe shots.  I just don't.    

Honest question:  For those of you who had robes for your BM, what have you done with your pictures?  Because I can tell you with 100% certainty I do NOT want a picture of me in a robe hanging in your home or even in an album.  Nope, not at all.  
    And why is it only the women with all the matchy-matchy crap?  You never hear of a groom trying to buy robes or tanks or button down shirts with monograms for all his groomsmen to get ready in.

Like what is it about the matchy-matchy outifts that are appealing?  I mean do they really, in your eyes (meaning those that are for it), make the picture better?

• Options
    Like many of you, I am SO tired today.  I saw my boss at the coffee machine when I first came in.  She said, "do you have budget stuff for me?"  I said, "I didn't know it was needed; when do you need it by?"  She says, "today if at all possible."

Seriously bitch?!  You forget to tell me and I have all of ONE day to get this shit done?!  I guess anything I planned to do today will not be getting done.  I'm Knotting right now just out of rebellion...
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I don't get why brides think it's okay to demand special footwear for the bms, such as Converse, Toms, cowboy boots. It's not ok to put that extra expense on your friends so you can have what you think will be cute wedding photos.

I don't understand why the bms getting dressed together is a thing. Why would anyone want pics of their friends getting dressed? It might have been fun in sixth grade but we're talking adults now. The bathrobe/bm sweatshirts thing seems to crop up in cycles. Then everyone either realizes it's stupid or they shut up about it. 

• Options
    NWR but I do not get the individuals who "fat" shamed the pregnant meteorologist.  She is pregnant with twins and these people felt the need to say she looked like a "sausage in a casing" and that "sticking her pregnant belly out like that is disgusting."  Like really?

I also am hating the overuse of the words "offended" and "bullied."

• Options
    NWR but I do not get the individuals who "fat" shamed the pregnant meteorologist.  She is pregnant with twins and these people felt the need to say she looked like a "sausage in a casing" and that "sticking her pregnant belly out like that is disgusting."  Like really?

I also am hating the overuse of the words "offended" and "bullied."
    agreed on both accounts.

I almost cringe when people use the word bullied these days.  

• Options
    I also do not get counting your kids age by months (except for doctors appointments) once they reach 1.  They are no longer X months old.  They are one or two or three.  You don't see teenagers or adults going around telling everyone that today they are X months old.

• Options

Along the lines of dictating footwear.  An acquaintance is planning their wedding.  The bride would like the guys in white button downs, jeans, a cowboy hat, and cowboy jeans (in NJ).  BUT if the GM don't have cowboy boots, they are welcomed to wear Timberlands instead.  I went a big old, huh complete with head tilt!  Now, I get people going for a look, and I actually applaud the bride for not demanding GM buy cowboy boots since they aren't prevalent around here, but how do a mix of cowboy boots and Timberlands work together?

• Options

Along the lines of dictating footwear.  An acquaintance is planning their wedding.  The bride would like the guys in white button downs, jeans, a cowboy hat, and cowboy jeans (in NJ).  BUT if the GM don't have cowboy boots, they are welcomed to wear Timberlands instead.  I went a big old, huh complete with head tilt!  Now, I get people going for a look, and I actually applaud the bride for not demanding GM buy cowboy boots since they aren't prevalent around here, but how do a mix of cowboy boots and Timberlands work together?

They are both work boots?  I mean very different types of work boots, but work boots none the less :)

• Options
    I also do not get counting your kids age by months (except for doctors appointments) once they reach 1.  They are no longer X months old.  They are one or two or three.  You don't see teenagers or adults going around telling everyone that today they are X months old.
    Because 18 months is WAY EASIER to say then 1 1/2 years old.

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    My SIL posted on FB a pic of her "22 month old on her first carousel ride!"  Um can't you just say "almost 2 year old?"

• Options
    I don't get why brides think it's okay to demand special footwear for the bms, such as Converse, Toms, cowboy boots. It's not ok to put that extra expense on your friends so you can have what you think will be cute wedding photos.

I don't understand why the bms getting dressed together is a thing. Why would anyone want pics of their friends getting dressed? It might have been fun in sixth grade but we're talking adults now. The bathrobe/bm sweatshirts thing seems to crop up in cycles. Then everyone either realizes it's stupid or they shut up about it. 

I think BMs getting dressed together stems from four things:
    1. ) Everyone gets their hair done at the same place and then gets dressed there or moves to that location so they can get dressed. It was easier for all my BMs to get dressed together because we had already traveled away from our homes for hair appointments.

2. ) Some people like help. Someone to zip you up. Someone to help with makeup or have the right color. One of my sister's weddings my cousin did my makeup. 

3. ) You don't want to travel in your fancy dress. We all got dressed at the venue and I thought that was easier.

4. ) Some people find it fun. I like all getting ready with my ladies. It makes curling hair and putting on makeup more fun when you can chit chat while doing it. But that's just personal preference.

I don't really know why getting pics of it is a thing. But I understand wanting everyone around to get ready. Of course it's all personal preference and if someone didn't want to join the group (or couldn't) it's not an issue. 
  • Options

They are both work boots?  I mean very different types of work boots, but work boots none the less :)
    But what if they have off-brand Timbos?  Are those allowed?

I've been to weddings where all the guys wore Chuck Taylors and have seen the superman undershirt a million times in photos (probably on Pinterest).  I guess that's the male equivalent. LOL
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    My SIL posted on FB a pic of her "22 month old on her first carousel ride!"  Um can't you just say "almost 2 year old?"

My friend kept saying her daughter's age in weeks.. as in... she's 42 weeks old today! Uh, WHAT? that shit stops like, at 2 months - i get saying, she's 6 weeks old.. she's 9 weeks old? no, she's 2 months old. The baby just celebrated her first birthday... #52weeksold... WUUUUUUT >.<
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options

On our wedding day I encouraged the BMs, mom, grandmother, cousin, etc to get ready at their own homes and just put on their dresses before pictures started at my house.  The house was just too small to have so many people trying to do hair and put on makeup and generally take up space while I'm trying to get ready myself.
    Everyone showed up way earlier than the time I gave for pictures, pretty much undone, with the exception of some hair.  My mom and grandmother had their hair and makeup completely done at my house by my hair/makeup person (family member), and it took forever. It was just far too many people and far too much chaos, which I had tried very hard to avoid.  It was the only thing that annoyed me about the entire wedding experience.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards