Louisiana-New Orleans

French Quarter Reception Venues

Can anyone provide a list of suggested reception venues in or near the French Quarter that allow outside vendors for food and drinks, or aren't very expensive (less than $80/head)?  The hotel packages seem a bit steep and I'd love to explore all options!  I'm looking for a venue for up to 100 people for under $10,000.  Thanks!

Re: French Quarter Reception Venues

• @knottie1437586136 Depending on your package, The Paris Room was about $55/per person, and is located right across the street from Antoine's in the French Quarter.  I know the Pharmacy Museum allows outside vendors and is completely a la carte.  The Irish Cultural Museum was also very, very fairly priced, and very inclusive.  Hotel Packages are definitely steep, especially if you are trying to get married during a certain time of year!
  • missmagnoliamissmagnolia member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2015
    I had gotten a quote from Hotel Mazarin for 100 people on a Saturday in October, and they quoted me $1,500 rental fee and $10,000 food and beverage minimum, so you could probably do that one for just slightly over your budget. Or maybe a Friday/Sunday would have a lower minimum. 

ETA: 
    Also, the Cabildo is a beautiful venue, and has a rental fee of around ~3k that is a tax deductible "donation" to the museum. You can bring in your own food and beverage. I checked with the Brennan's catering group and their f&b minimum is 6k, and Pigeon Catering had no minimum and can work with your budget. So even though it is a steep rental fee, you might be able to work with the caterer to stay in budget. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards