Snarky Brides

Puppyfund?? Are you kidding?

First, just to make my opinions clear, I do not like Honeyfunds, especially knowing that the companies take a percentage. I know what it's like to much prefer money for a honeymoon or anything else rather than homegoods. That said, I would never do it, I definitely think it's tacky, and would not fund one. 

Now getting to my point... I also would not fund a HOUSE FUND, or .... A.... PUPPY.... FUND.... 
WHAT?! 

I went on an acquaintance's MyRegistry page. She had a honeymoon fund, a housefund, AND a PUPPY FUND, because "We want a puppy, but a puppy comes with expenses! Help us fund new toys, treats and costs with a new pooch!" 

WELL, I guess I can head home early, because my work here is done!

Re: Puppyfund?? Are you kidding?

• I hate people.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • lyndausvi said: Really?   My puppy costs me more AFTER it was a puppy.  Sure setting up for him to arrive costs money, but after that you have vet bills, special foods, eating your favorite shoes that cost $100, etc.   
    If you can't afford to set up for the arrival for your puppy, you have no business getting a dog at all.

This. My dog cost me $7,000 in surgeries after we'd had her about a year. How do people think they can afford to
    keep a dog when they can't afford to get one in the first place?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • First, just to make my opinions clear, I do not like Honeyfunds, especially knowing that the companies take a percentage. I know what it's like to much prefer money for a honeymoon or anything else rather than homegoods. That said, I would never do it, I definitely think it's tacky, and would not fund one. 

Now getting to my point... I also would not fund a HOUSE FUND, or .... A.... PUPPY.... FUND.... 
    WHAT?! 

I went on an acquaintance's MyRegistry page. She had a honeymoon fund, a housefund, AND a PUPPY FUND, because "We want a puppy, but a puppy comes with expenses! Help us fund new toys, treats and costs with a new pooch!" 

These are the same people that will most definitely have a BABY FUND or SEND MY KID TO COLLEGE FUND if they ever choose to have kids.
  • I saw that a friend from college had this on their wedding registry... So disappointing. I also noticed that nobody contributed.

...They also already have two dogs.
  • edited August 2015
    lyndausvi said:
    Really?   My puppy costs me more AFTER it was a puppy.  Sure setting up for him to arrive costs money, but after that you have vet bills, special foods, eating your favorite shoes that cost $100, etc.   

If you can't afford to set up for the arrival for your puppy, you have no business getting a dog at all.

This. My dog cost me $7,000 in surgeries after we'd had her about a year. How do people think they can afford to keep a dog when they can't afford to get one in the first place?

Because puppies are ZOMG so cute!

Seriously, if you need to ask people to help fund a home or a puppy then maybe you are not in a position to get either.

~*~*~*~ EDITED BECAUSE WHERE ARE THE DAMN BOXES ~*~*~*~

Quoted all of the above because truth. Our dog is now 11 - and she is way more expensive than she was as a puppy. You (general you) don't need a puppy - just like you (general you) don't need a honeymoon.

I mean, I would LOVE a waterfront estate in the Hamptons, but I am NOT about to set up a Mansion-Fund for this.

• HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2015
    lyndausvi said:
    Really?   My puppy costs me more AFTER it was a puppy.  Sure setting up for him to arrive costs money, but after that you have vet bills, special foods, eating your favorite shoes that cost $100, etc.   

This. My dog cost me $7,000 in surgeries after we'd had her about a year. How do people think they can afford to keep a dog when they can't afford to get one in the first place? BOX

I'm betting GoFundMe with a sob story, and calling anyone who criticizes it a dog-hater.

ETF stupid, stupid boxes.  Grrr.
  • Let me guess: They want a super-trendy purebred puppy too! And not because they need a hypoallergenic puppy, but because ZOMG CORGIES ARE SO CUTE! TEACUP PUPPIES ARE SO PHOTOGENIC!

• At least their guests who choose not to contribute to that can choose from their varied selection of other registry items which include, but certainly aren't limited to:

-A Samsung tablet
    -25 year aged vinegar
    -Several different "of-the-month" clubs including cheese
    -Several gift cards from different stores
    -Large furniture items (I don't know how you all feel about furniture on a registry, but for me it's a no. You should probably deal with purchasing a kitchen table before you decide that you need to register for that Kitchenaid stand up mixer.) 

I wish I could share the link with you all! 

• frenchiekinfrenchiekin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited August 2015
    lyndausvi said:

This. My dog cost me $7,000 in surgeries after we'd had her about a year. How do people think they can afford to keep a dog when they can't afford to get one in the first place?
    WHATUPBOXESSSSSSSSSSSS

This.  Our "puppy" is 3 1/2 now and has easily cost us $10k in unexpected vet bills alone.  Were we so financially comfortable that it was no big deal to us?  No - we struggled but figured it out on our own, because adulting.  

You're registering so people can help you afford toys and treats for it, but what happens when he's a year and has a freak accident where he breaks his elbow?  Or ends up with a mast cell tumor on his leg?  Oh, that's right!  I am an idiot.  That's what a GoFundMe is for.  Duh.

MyRegistry.com was recommended to us when we first got engaged by a friend who used it.  At first I thought it was awesome because I could register at any store!  COOL!  And then saw the options for a honeymoon fund, house fund, puppy fund, etc and immediately deleted my account.  She had a honeymoon fund on hers and I'm pretty sure that almost no one contributed to it.  

• Why do people have a sense of entitlement that others' should pay for their shit? 
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• At least their guests who choose not to contribute to that can choose from their varied selection of other registry items which include, but certainly aren't limited to:

-A Samsung tablet
    -25 year aged vinegar
    -Large furniture items (I don't know how you all feel about furniture on a registry, but for me it's a no. You should probably deal with purchasing a kitchen table before you decide that you need to register for that Kitchenaid stand up mixer.) 

I double dog puppy dare you! :)

-A Samsung tablet
    -25 year aged vinegar

I double dog puppy dare you! :)
    Probably against TOS. I'm not super up on all the specific rules, but sharing links with personal information is not allowed.
  • the other day at Petco someone was looking for a gift for a puppy shower. As in, someone she knows is actually having a shower for getting a puppy. WTF. 

I sideeyed her, hard. 
  • Heffalump said:
    lyndausvi said:

BOX

I'm betting GoFundMe with a sob story, and calling anyone who criticizes it a dog-hater.

ETF stupid, stupid boxes.  Grrr.
    Adding a box ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hear ya. A facebook friend of mine set up a GFM for her dog who needed a $1,500 surgery. She posted it directly to my wall because "I understand". I commented that "I understand paying for my dog myself" and deleted it. 

File that right there under not my problem.
    Grossssssss.  I think this just happened to @novella.  Someone put up a GFM for an ailing dog and tagged her in it b/c "she gets it".  Nope.  As if the GFM wasn't vulgar enough - to try to guilt or embarrass someone into donating by calling them out like that is just sinking to a new depth.  
  • the other day at Petco someone was looking for a gift for a puppy shower. As in, someone she knows is actually having a shower for getting a puppy. WTF. 

I sideeyed her, hard. 
    Whaaaaat? No. Just... No. If you can afford to adopt or purchase a pet, you should make sure you are able to get its essentials, like food and a bed. Honestly, I would LOVE to see that registry. Dogs don't require that many provisions (at least physically, not including human love and vet bills).
    BabyFruit Ticker

I sideeyed her, hard. 
    Puppy showers are in, as long as its just celebration of your new pup and not a ploy to get the essentials because you can't afford them. It is also a great way to socialize the puppy with people and other dogs. I give you Modern Dogs Guide to a Puppy Shower http://moderndogmagazine.com/articles/its-dog-how-plan-puppy-shower/37535. Frankly I would rather attend 10 puppy showers than 1 baby shower.

Let me be clear I am in no means endorsing putting a dog on your registry. That is bs, and I hate those people already.

I sideeyed her, hard. 
    Puppy showers are in, as long as its just celebration of your new pup and not a ploy to get the essentials because you can't afford them. It is also a great way to socialize the puppy with people and other dogs. I give you Modern Dogs Guide to a Puppy Shower http://moderndogmagazine.com/articles/its-dog-how-plan-puppy-shower/37535. Frankly I would rather attend 10 puppy showers than 1 baby shower.

Let me be clear I am in no means endorsing putting a dog on your registry. That is bs, and I hate those people already.
    But the word "shower" implies that gifts are being given. There's nothing wrong with having people over to meet a new pup but Jesus Christ, a shower is ridiculous and to call it that makes me sad. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

I sideeyed her, hard. 

But the word "shower" implies that gifts are being given. There's nothing wrong with having people over to meet a new pup but Jesus Christ, a shower is ridiculous and to call it that makes me sad. 
    Seriously!  Why does everything have to be made into a freaking party?

• First, just to make my opinions clear, I do not like Honeyfunds, especially knowing that the companies take a percentage. I know what it's like to much prefer money for a honeymoon or anything else rather than homegoods. That said, I would never do it, I definitely think it's tacky, and would not fund one. 

WHAT?! 

These are the same people that will most definitely have a BABY FUND or SEND MY KID TO COLLEGE FUND if they ever choose to have kids.

First, just to make my opinions clear, I do not like Honeyfunds, especially knowing that the companies take a percentage. I know what it's like to much prefer money for a honeymoon or anything else rather than homegoods. That said, I would never do it, I definitely think it's tacky, and would not fund one. 

WHAT?! 

Or a GoFundMe to fund their own kids' weddings-on top of their kids' honeyfunds.

I sideeyed her, hard. 

So (apparently) are rompers worn by grown women, but that doesn't make them any less hideous. Just because a bunch of people jump on the bad taste bandwagon, doesn't make it a good idea.

(BTW you too can look like an auto mechanic for a mere $128.00)

I sideeyed her, hard. 

Seriously!  Why does everything have to be made into a freaking party?
    well I do not mind more parties.  I do mind GIFT GIVING PARTIES!

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards