Not Engaged Yet
Options

Hello I am new here and have a few questions please feel free to comment :)

Let me start by saying Hello!!! and thank you for taking the time to read this. My boyfriend and I have recently went and picked out a engagement ring and I can't wait for him to pop the question!!

I have started a Wedding Binder filling it with all the things I want for our Wedding such as gift ideas and dress and soooo much more, even though in reality I know I won't get most of it lol but I'm happy either way.

I have a few questions and please let me know what you think....

1) I have found the dress I want but it is from an online store.. what do you think? It's under $200 and I think it is absolutely beautiful but I'm worried because I have heard not to order online...

2) When do you do cocktail hour? Do the Bride and Groom get to go or is it for guest only?

3) If the tradition is to not see the Bride the day of the wedding... But you live together... Do you just split at the venue and go your own way... or do you sleep somewhere else?

4) When is the ideal time to throw your bridal shower? A week ahead? or sooner? I don't really want to do it the night before just incase I have a drink or two..

5) Should I put "Plus 1 " on the invites? I was trying to think who I was going to invite and 35 people turned into 70 the moment I considered doing that...

6) We are on a tight budget because we are also trying to get a house, should I have my bridesmaids and maid of honor buy their own dress?

7) I really want my boyfriend to ask my father for permission but I don't want to tell him to do it... is there a way to leave little hints?

8) Since we're on a budget and I want to do most of the décor and things DIY what are certain things I should NOT DIY?

I may think of a few more but in the mean time thank you once again for all your help!!

Re: Hello I am new here and have a few questions please feel free to comment :)

• Options
    I'm sorry? You don't believe I am real? Listen I posted on here hoping to find some advice but it is apparent all you do on here is mock other people and I will have no part of that.
  • Options
    Thank you for your advice SpeakEasy, and the binder I'm putting together is from both our views, I'm just a planner and I worry that if I don't try and figure out everything ahead of time I wont be able to focus on the engagement ... plus I only work on it when he's on his xbox so it gives me something to do lol
  • Options

Welcome!

For #7 its best to just tell him. I like the wording SpeakEasy gave.

Everything else, leave for now. Just save up. You will need to discuss budget and guestlist before everything else so don't worry about cocktail hour and bridal showers just yet! Even if it 'gives you something to do'. You can do plenty of other things.

• Options

OKAY LIKE YOU DIDN'T HAVE QUESTIONS????? I thought this was for people to ask for advice. At least someone on this page is willing to offer actual advice and not just throw things up in others faces. I'm sure planning a wedding is super simple but when you're doing it alone because LORD knows I will get no help because he'd rather just run away to Vegas and be married by Elvis. So how about you just hop off your high horse and next time consider what you were going through in the beginning .

• Options
    Y'all just follow the rules and we'll all be fine.  

• Options

OKAY LIKE YOU DIDN'T HAVE QUESTIONS????? I thought this was for people to ask for advice. At least someone on this page is willing to offer actual advice and not just throw things up in others faces. I'm sure planning a wedding is super simple but when you're doing it alone because LORD knows I will get no help because he'd rather just run away to Vegas and be married by Elvis. So how about you just hop off your high horse and next time consider what you were going through in the beginning .

LOLOLOLOL. Ok first, how about you get engaged and then plan your wedding. There's your answer, simple as that.
  • Options
    haha animated GIF

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    OP:  The NEY (Not Engaged Yet) board is not be the best place for you to post these questions.  Please see Just Engaged or other planning boards for this kind of help.  
  • Options
    Smith&SmithSmith&Smith member
    First Comment
    edited August 2015

Ya'll are being very rude and disrespectful. I'm just glad that a few people were nice enough on here. BY the way the MAIN topic of the discussion board is Not Engaged Yet, so if I want to plan out my details I can .

I TOLD you I was new, it was my FIRST post then you people decide to troll and attack me on my own post.

It's sad that you feel justified to make me feel like I did something wrong when in fact I didn't . I had questions, I asked them, and I had a few nice people answer them. No it may not of been the answer I was looking for but it may have been the one I needed. I take what they said to heart because they were kind enough to say them instead of belittling me.

So go troll somewhere else and get off my post , or better yet keep it up so other new people can see that there are people who are willing to help you , you just have to get past people like you

• Options
    Oh trust me I won't be back on here so you guys can just keep trolling.
  • Options
    OP:  The NEY (Not Engaged Yet) board is not be the best place for you to post these questions.  Please see Just Engaged or other planning boards for this kind of help.  

No, please, she can stay here. It's too entertaining.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Oh trust me I won't be back on here so you guys can just keep trolling.
  • Options

And you seriously need to grow the fuck up. I'm not even joking. It's people like you who make people not want to ask for help. SO thank you and I hope you enjoy trolling on new people .

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards