Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

False eyelashes

I'm one of the unlucky ones with short lashes, so I'm constantly on the look out for some affordable lashes. I came across these lashes on Amazon and after doing a quick google came across their website http://www.kambelashes.com was wondering if anybody can share their experience with them?

Re: False eyelashes

• Options
    Hi! I guess it is not expensive neither from stylist. I paid about 15$.
  • Options
    EBay and amazon surprisingly has good ones. Be on the lookout for positive reviews. Ardell are my personal favorites. Red Cherry are also cheap and very well made.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    any tips on applying them? I want to wear some but Ive only worn them a handful of times in my life. I think i'm definitely going to practice wearing them a lot before the big day
  • Options
    Let me find a few helpful videos for beginners.

Some tips: Let the glue dry for at least 30 seconds before you even attempt to put them on your lid. Also, wrap the lashes around a straw, a makeup brush, or something to round them out. Apply with tweezers.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    edited September 2015
    That sounds about right. You can check out some extra tips for false lashes(Removed by Mod for TOS violation)
  • Options
    Get yourself a tube of Duo Adhesive (from Sephora, MAC or Ulta).  It's the best eyelash glue I've ever used and have never had a problem with false lashes popping off.  The stuff they supply in the box of lashes is often useless and doesn't stick well.
  • Options
    I am waaayyy too intimidated by false eyelashes, and will likely glue my eyes shut the day of my wedding. Those guys are the devil.

• Options
    I'm no professional, but practice DOES help. buy a bunch and give yourself enough time to screw up a few times when you place them wrong, if you do rock them going out someplace.

Trial and error taught me use tweezers. USE TWEEZERS TO APPLY ! hahaha

on the day of your wedding, i will let a professional apply them, I'm not letting myself look all jacked up on the day ill be photographed the most.
  • Options
    Get yourself a tube of Duo Adhesive (from Sephora, MAC or Ulta).  It's the best eyelash glue I've ever used and have never had a problem with false lashes popping off.  The stuff they supply in the box of lashes is often useless and doesn't stick well.
    I second the Duo Adhesive.  It's fabulous stuff!
  • Options
    @dancetherapist, here are some random tips that have helped me over the years:

- To help make application easier, it's okay if you cut the fake eyelashes into three sections. Working with the smaller cut pieces is way easier than one big awkward strip. (I read this on RuPaul's advice book and it's been a life saver for me)
    - DUO adhesive is definitely the best. After you apply it on the strip let it dry a little so that it's kinda tacky and then apply.
    - Use your mascara to blend the fake lashes with your real ones. Do this after the fake lashes have fully dried on your lid, though.
    - There is nothing wrong with going cheap with your fake eyelashes. Asian wig stores have the best deals on fake eyelashes for whatever reason, I've gotten some amazing ones for like $1.99 a pair. Obviously you don't want to get your lashes from Party City, but yeah, you don't have to spend $20 a pair :smile: 
    "But feeeemales are strong as hell~"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards