Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Ordering bridesmaids dresses online?

In some Pinterest searching, I came across some bridesmaids dresses that I LOVE from Azazie.com. Unfortunately, I can't find the dress anywhere else (not sure if Azazie designs their own dresses or what, but I was hoping to find something very similar that I could find in store). I see you can order swatches and sample dresses for $10, but I am a little hesitant to attempt to order four bridesmaids dresses online in case the fit's not right, looks different from the picture, etc. I'm also concerned how alterations would work, or if the "custom fit" option is a good way to go.

Has anyone ordered from this site or something similar? It just makes me nervous but I'd love to hear any advice.

Dress I'm referring to - http://www.azazie.com/products/azazie-kaleigh-bridesmaid-dress?color=spa

Re: Ordering bridesmaids dresses online?

• Options

I have no personal experience with them, but the company seems legit.  There was a post on WW about Azazie and it was getting good reviews. 

That BM dress is gorgeous!

• Options
    I love that dress!! The website looks legit to me. And the company is based in the U.S. which is good too. I've noticed that a lot of the Chinese clothing websites do not provide location information.

• Options
    I'm considering ordering a sample for my sister/MOH since it's only $10 and to see how the standard sizes fit.
  • Options

OMG soo pretty! I wish I'd seen this dress when I was still bridesmaid dress shopping LOL.

As everyone says, looks legit, I'd have a back-up plan just in case but your sample idea sounds good. GL!

• Options

I'm not familiar with that company but it looks like it's convertible which I LOVE! I just ordered my BMs dresses off Etsy and they were similar and they fit both the girls really well and the cool thing is you can tie them different ways so they're not exactly the same but pretty close.

These are my dresses https://www.etsy.com/listing/194342062/maxi-barney-bridesmaid-dress-prom-dress?ref=favs_view_17

They're adorable and super fun to experiment with! Good luck with yours!

• Options
    It's always a gamble. Even if the site is legitimate so many things can go wrong. I would advise against ordering online unless you have the time and expendable income to have a plan B that you are happy with.
  • Options
    My three bridesmaids ordered their dresses from Azazie, and they are great. I ordered the swatches ahead of time for I think $3 or $5 because I wanted to see the colors in person. They all ordered a different style but all floor length and chiffon. They love the dresses, I love them, and everyone who has seen them likes them. They are well made, and as good of quality as any bridesmaid dress or dress in general that I have ever owned or seen.They come delivered in a garment bag, which I thought was really nice. 2 of them ordered from Canada, and I would say that it was around 5 weeks until they received them. I don't know how long it was for the girl in Nebraska, but probably a week less? As far as I know they all just estimated their sizes based on the size chart, and nobody needs any alterations.
    Don't hesitate to order from Azazie, you won't be dissapointed. anyone who has questions can also email me at sweetymuffin@gmail.com if you have any other questions

21 days till our wedding!!!
    woot!
  • Options
    I ordered the bridesmaid dresses for my two girls through Azazie. I ordered the color swatches and a sample dress for them both to try on before ordering their dresses. I'm so glad that we ordered the sample dresses because we found that we needed to order a size up for them both. The dresses look amazing and they fit perfectly! 
  • Options
    For the record, I ordered my sister a sample and her regular size fit her almost perfectly. We might order a size down just so it's more fitted, but the dress was gorgeous in person. We were worried because it looked a little bulky on the hanger, but once she put it on it looked great! 

A plus is that one of my bridesmaids is very large-chested and was worried the strappy stuff might not be supportive enough, but it's VERY supportive and I think will work 100 times better for her than a strapless. The dresses seem to be good quality and trustworthy based on the sample order. I also ordered swatches of my actual color, which will be super helpful for my fiance getting his tuxes and stuff picked out.
  • Options
    I ordered sample bridesmaid dresses for try-on from Azazie.  They are a great company to work with!  We ultimately went in a different direction because we found another dress we liked better, but Azazie was a very close second choice that, had we not found the other, would have been our top pick.  In my opinion, the quality was very nice, nicer than some of those we found in department stores, downtown L.A., and some bridal stores.  The dresses were lightweight, elegant, and flowy, the custom sizing option was great and they will reimburse you for some alterations costs if they don't fit after ordering.  Their customer service is great also!  They are a small company based out of California, with overseas manufacturing I think.  From my experience, I would recommend them highly.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards