Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Illusion Neckline Iritates My Neck

I went in for my first fitting this week and realized that the finished edge of illusion neckline on my dress scratches/iritates a bit. At the fitting it made my collarbone area turn red. I'm hoping once it all fits correctly and someone isn't pulling on it for an hour it will be ok. But my skin is very sensitive. Any ideas on what I can do to help this? A link to my dress: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_chantilly-lace-trumpet-gown-with-illusion-sleeves-ms251089_wedding-dresses-melissa-sweet

Re: Illusion Neckline Iritates My Neck

• Options
    Maybe put a very light layer of something like Body glide on the area?
  • Options
    I didn't even know this product existed. Thank you! Not just for the wedding, this may help with my sensitive skin on other occasions. Great idea.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    It won't be pulled on exactly, but wearing it and dancing in it for hours might have the same effect.

It looks like the tulle has just been rolled and hemmed. At the next fitting you could ask your seamstress if it could be covered with a thin satin ribbon, or some soft hem tape on the inside to make it softer on your skin. (I had this one shirt that the inner collar seam was lined with a velvety hem tape. Sooo niiice.) This will make the collar a little more visible but that could be remedied by a necklace at just the right length.

It's possible that the hem could be trimmed off but that might make the tulle stretch while being worn. Certainly ask your seamstress. Tulle can be very scratchy itchy, even the soft kind.

Edited for spelling
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards