September 2015 Weddings

Father daughter dance! Ekk

My father and I are not close at all, we actually haven't really talked or some things together since I was like 15 he left when he started dating and I have tried to stay in touch with him but it's hard bc of his girlfriend. He wants to do a father daughter dance! Idk if I'm up for it? I feel I will be super emotional? Advice please and what are some good songs for that?

Re: Father daughter dance! Ekk

• If you don't want to do a F/D dance then don't do one! If his feelings will be hurt then maybe just do it? I would be honest though and tell him how you feel.  I'm guessing he isn't contributing $ to the wedding?
  • I don't think you should do one if you don't feel close enough to him to do it.  In my opinion, dads who aren't around want to do this so they look like "the good dad" even if they haven't been one.  If his feelings are hurt, too bad, since I imagine he has hurt your feelings on more than one occasion, right?
    Married 9.12.15
  • I'm not doing one! Then again, my dad isn't even invited to my wedding. But if he had been, I probably still wouldn't have done one. There is no need to do something like that if you don't feel comfortable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards