Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

What to do to begin the wedding?

We're having a small wedding with no bridal party or processional. Is there something else we could do before the bride walks in? I want something to still signal that beginning of the wedding instead of just sort of jumping straight to the "here comes the bride" section.  Any suggestions? 

Re: What to do to begin the wedding?

• Options
    adwks said:
    We're having a small wedding with no bridal party or processional. Is there something else we could do before the bride walks in? I want something to still signal that beginning of the wedding instead of just sort of jumping straight to the "here comes the bride" section.  Any suggestions? 
    At most weddings I have attended, whether religious or secular, the officiant and groom entering the room and standing at the podium/altar is typically what signals the official "start" of the ceremony.  Once your groom gets into his position, the music can begin playing and all guests will realize the entrance of the bride is impending.

If you are having music play as guests are seated, you could also change the tempo and nature of the music just prior to having the groom enter the room.  Musical changes are often used to signal that something different is about to happen.  If you have any live musicians, they could also play a simple "alerting" piece.  It could be as simple as a beat to a triangle, or the ringing of a bell or chime.
  • Options
    At some weddings, different music is played for the seating of the mothers, since that generally signals the beginning of the processional.
  • Options
    Another vote for having the groom and officiant walk out and the music pause for a few moments (maybe 4 seconds max) Then start playing your song and walk. If there are doors at the back you could close those too before your groom walks up. That would be a sign things were about to roll.
  • Options
    adwks said:
    Are you having a religious wedding?  If so, does your house of worship have any special traditions that signal that the ceremony is about to start, or would your officiant make an announcement or lead an invocation or otherwise indicate that the ceremony is about to begin?
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    adwks said:
    Are you having a religious wedding?  If so, does your house of worship have any special traditions that signal that the ceremony is about to start, or would your officiant make an announcement or lead an invocation or otherwise indicate that the ceremony is about to begin?

Yes, it's  religious wedding. In my experience ( and I haven't been to many weddings) after the bridesmaids and bride walk in the pastor does a prayer over the wedding and couple. I suppose since there is no processional I could ask him to pray before I walk to signal the beining of things? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards