Honeymoon Discussions

back from dream Seychelles HM

Just got back from our Seychelles honeymoon. All I can say is... WOW! It truly must be one of the most beautiful places on earth. 
We stayed in southwest Mahé in the Baie Lazare area - the beaches were absolutely pristine with a coastline that is to die for (see img). We had 10 days there, two of which we took day trips to the nearby islands of La Digue (see second photo), and Praslin/Curieuse. 
We were really skeptical about the food on the islands before going (we both enjoy good food and wine) and were absolutely surprised at how amazing everything was - Octopus curry is one of the main dishes of the island - but there was lot of great fish and creole spices that were out of this world.
The people were all really friendly no matter where you go - nothing was too much or too little.
Overall, it was truly the honeymoon of our dreams and I would recommend it as an addition to anyone's bucket list!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: back from dream Seychelles HM

• Congrats on the wedding and so glad you had a wonderful time on the HM! It looks like you got some sun, too, unlike when I was there. LOL

• loro929loro929 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    @Jells2dot0  Thanks!! Yes, we were very lucky with great weather, only one day was overcast but the clouds came in and out. The ocean was pretty rough though. We got to take in lots of sun but we couldn't enter too far because of the strong currents/waves caused by the ending monsoon season. I was almost crying on the flight back because I didn't want to leave! Now to start planning our return :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I felt the same way @loro929! I'm trying to plan a trip to the Maldives right now and I wanted to also go back to the Seychelles. But, because of the flight length and connections, I'd have to take off of work or 3+ weeks. I don't see that happening :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards