Wedding Woes

Happy Monday

How was the weekend?

I finished up my toy organization.  Everything looks much better.  It has been a struggle to get the girls on board with the new setup, but I'm going to keep on them.  I'm tired of the random toy bin dumping.  I also have to keep on myself to make sure things don't get out of hand again.

All 3 kids are in a sport right now so someone has a practice every single night this week.

Today DH and I are going to tackle the basement storage room.  It's crammed full.  Things need to be pitched, donated, moved to the attic, etc.  This may not be a super fun day.

Re: Happy Monday

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2015
    Weekend was good.  

Friday- DH got home early so I knocked off work early.  We did some shopping for the kiddo and then went to an early dinner after we got DefConn from daycare.  After that, DH took the kiddo to my IL's for the weekend and I went to Costco and Target. 

Saturday: DH worked.  My parents took DefConn for a day out so I could get some stuff done.  I got my hairs did and then worked on some housework and stuff.  My parents brought DefConn back and stayed for dinner.  We all crashed out before 10pm in the living room. 

Sunday: I worked a little bit and then did some more house work.  I went to the store.  DH went to pick up the kiddo from my IL's and then we had dinner.  I did my fantasy draft and watched the VMAs. 

• The weekend was great. I met friends for a pre-birthday dinner. We grabbed drinks after and listened to some live music. Sunday, I didn't leave my sofa the entire day. Wonderful.

• Overall the weekend was good.

Friday I had some stressful NWR crap that needed to be done, but after that I got to have engagement photos taken. FI drove to my hometown (where the photog lives) and we shot some pics at a cool park near downtown, but mostly at a really cool historic building on RT. 66. It is owned by one of BFFs (bridesmaid) and her husband, and I do a lot of work with them throughout the year (food/booze & art festival type things mainly). We got to have drinks after & it was great fun.

Saturday I got some work done, but my bad arm was going nuts. I've been having really bizarre muscle spasms on and off (mostly on) since Sat morning. It isn't surprising since the docs have had me using a TENS unit on it to try to stimulate the blood  flow around the dead nerve, and also re-build the muscles that do work so that they are strong enough to move the arm. It's just creepy (and a little embarrassing) when it constantly does it and my arm is flailing around by itself in public. BUT pain (and PITA) aside, I can now lift (okay, more like swing) it above my head. It is ever so brief, and falls immediately back down, but it's a start :)

Sunday was awesome because a Cheffy friend from my HT was here over the weekend so we had Dim Sum for brunch, went to a couple of cool food stores, and had a cocktail before it was time for FI's family's weekly Sunday dinner. My hip also hurt like Hell by the end of the night, but it was worth it :)

Oh, and we picked up my wedding band on Friday. I had never seen the 2 together (couldn't even find a pic online) so it was nice to finally see them as a set.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Saturday 6let and M2 had first soccer games of the season.  I'm unimpressed with 6let's coach.  he showed up  5 mins before game time after asking every to be there 15 mins early.  He never had them practice with goalies and never talked positions and strategy.  Hopefully this game was a wakeup call to him.  The poor goalie was scored on 4 times in the first few minutes.  He cried.

Apparently M2 was awesome.   She scored 4 times and apparently was right in the thick of it with kids twice her size.  I can't wait to see her in action. 

We came home and 6let spent the rest of the weekend sick.  At one point he spiked a 104 fever.

DH and I are cleaning the garage next weekend.  I spent an hour this morning purging some of the first round stuff.  I've sold $20 worth of crap, given away stuff,  and thrown out 2 bags  of trash.

This week is busy.  I have my first mammogram and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared.

• Morning. This weekend was good. Saturday I cooked dinner for SIL and her family including my MIL who is in town. It was fun using the new kitchen- I love my appliances. Having people over forced us to unpack/clean more so that was good. Sunday we were going to go to IKEA to get a toy storage thing for DD's room but DH needed to do some things for the Internet. At one point, the builder or whoever walked over the lines for our phone/internet so he basically needed to put in new wires. Here's hoping that next week we will actually have internet service.
  • Good Morning!

Weekend went by very quickly.  H and I had some great conversations this weekend.  We also worked on the shop a lot.  Building a loft, getting some more things moved over and getting the old car that he had stored transported home. 

He got it started yesterday at the storage garage, drove it and then it died at a really busy intersection.  And being that people in our area are nice, 2 men stopped and got out and helped H push it around the corner while I followed with flashers and blocked traffic for them.  So nice.  We ended up getting it towed, and it sits at our house with a new battery.  I love that car, it reminds me of H's grandma and all the times we spent with family while doing cruises.  :)

Other than that, the weekend was just busy, last night H had a coworker over and we sat around and just chilled until 10:30, way too late for me given I had to get up for work and I'd stayed up for H all weekend.  ZZZZZ.
  • This weekend blew and can go straight into the "never to be lived through again" book.  I found out a good friend died Friday morning.  I thought I would be okay; went to lunch with a caring friend.  I left my phone at work on purpose.  Got back from lunch and their death was all over FB and I had a ton of texts.  I left before I fell totally apart.  Got home, fell totally apart.  

My friend had a complicated identity, which their parents totally rejected.  So, our local LGBTQ+ center opened for us to have a memorial for them.  B/c their parents are having a funeral in a church (atheist), misgendering (using male pronouns) and using their deadname for them.  All of which I was making myself accept, until I found out the family at least did invite their partner...in which time their sister asked, "If we invite you, you won't make a scene, will you?"  F.U.C.K. that.  If your partner/spouse dies, as one friend put it, "You can go all Steel Magnolias on that and not a damn person is going to blink an eye....or at least they STFU about it."  

I did do a reading at the memorial, which was appropriate ("You Want A Physicist to Speak at your Funeral) and, since they were a HUGE sci-fi nerd, ended it with "So Say We All" from BSG.  Funerals are for the living, but they're to respect and honor the one who has died...not make you feel better about you "troubled son."  I'm not going to the funeral.

I did have a dinner party last night with friends, which was lovely and took my mind off of it.  I went to bed at 9:00 and slept straight through until 7:00 this morning.  Blerg.  At least this month is light on stuffs.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    I'm sorry Varuna.  But I"m glad you found a good way to honor your friend.
  • I'm sorry for your loss, Varuna.

• V, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    I am so sorry v.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, V.
  • I'm sorry for your loss V. 
  • I'm so sorry, V.  How awful.
  • Thank you everyone.  I'm feeling heavy today, pretty sad.  Tomorrow night, i was supposed to see them at an event.  I'm kinda stuck between, Hurry up time so I can get through this and Slow down time, I don't want to get to this.

Their mother posted that the preliminary autopsy showed the cause of death was cardiac arrest, brought on by an arrhythmia, brought on by a seizure.  They had been struggling with their epilepsy, but it had been under control for 6 months or so, long enough that they had been allowed to drive again.  Such a loss.
  • I'm so sorry to hear that V.
  • Sorry for the loss of your friend, V. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards