Chit Chat

The waiting game..

I am so bad at waiting for things to come in, when I buy things I want them NOW! I ordered my dress in Feb and it's coming in early October, it's horrible waiting for it! I also just ordered a couch that I am super excited for, I wanted a really specific color so there was no way to buy one that would be in stock so I have to wait 8 WEEKS to finally get my beautiful new couch! 

Anyone else bad at waiting for things? Order anything lately that will take a while and you are super excited to see it?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The waiting game..

• I didn't order it, but my dad does home design and improvement when he isn't working at the firehouse and I'm still waiting on my headboard. My fiancé and I were living in a tiny apartment before we got a short notice move and my dad offered to make us a custom bed (we had just ordered a sleep number and needed a platform) with some storage drawers underneath. He made it for us back in late January/early February and said he would have the headboard done by the end of February. When I asked him about it the other week during shift change (we work at the same firehouse) he said he had the materials to do it but he has other projects around the house that he wants to do (and finish) for my mom. I'm trying to be patient but after seeing how nice it was when he sketched it out and everything, it's becoming increasingly difficult.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ordered my wedding photo book on 8/14 and I still haven't gotten it! Hopefully it's waiting for me at home today!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I ordered new kitchen appliances and long story short, needed to wait a month for delivery. I should have them next week, hurray!!! 

Yesterday I saw something had spilled in the bottom of the fridge and I thought, "Oh well, as of next week it's junk so I don't need to clean this!" (I know, kind of gross, but I don't have the energy to clean it.) 

• Oh I'm horrible at waiting for anything. All the things. Particularly food related things. I mean, why isn't the pizza guy waiting at my doorstep the moment I place an order???

But seriously. The two weeks it took me to get our engagement pictures back were the longest 2 weeks of my life. And I am 100% sure I will feel the same way about the wedding photos.

I also felt this way when we ordered the furniture for our new house. Mostly because we only had 1 chair in the whole dang living room, but also because I am the most impatient person in the world.

• I'm not horrible at waiting.  I'm more irritated at waiting for a table then 6 weeks for a sofa.

DH is horrible.   So bad.   We ordered the bed and they said it would take 7-10 days.   By day 2 he was calling me to see if they can delivered the mattress yet.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • These last days before the wedding.....I love how the first 8 months FLEW and now time is dragging.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am terribly impatient. The last thing I ordered were winter tires online. Scheduled to arrive 9/1, they arrived 8/28! So that was exciting haha.
  • I'm super impatient too.  I was so excited when the antlers I ordered for the pergola above our "altar" arrived 3 days early.  

And yes... ready for this wedding to be over with.
    Married 9.12.15
  • I hate waiting for things to come in the mail! I agree @redheadbride15 - Amazon Prime ruins my patience for everything non-Prime. Once I ordered a Seahawks shirt that was supposed to arrive in 10-14 days (too long!) and it took a whole damn month to be delivered. I was losing my mind.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate waiting for things to come in the mail! I agree @redheadbride15 - Amazon Prime ruins my patience for everything non-Prime. Once I ordered a Seahawks shirt that was supposed to arrive in 10-14 days (too long!) and it took a whole damn month to be delivered. I was losing my mind.
    I am that way because of Prime also, it is amazing! Sometimes I like when things take a while if I manage to forget about them, then it's like Christmas when something shows up that I forgot I ordered! Not likely to happen with the couch since I am currently using the one from the college days that was supposed to be out of sight in the basement. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards