Chit Chat

Can I get some unbiased opinions on a baby name?

1235»

Re: Can I get some unbiased opinions on a baby name?

• Scratch that, I just googled it.  And of course now I want to buy it.  Thank you, Amazon.
  • abcdevonn said:

I don't mind any of those names. Stanley is not my favorite name, but it doesn't make me cringe! Just be sure you don't mind his nickname becoming Stan. My aunt always swore my cousin Jennifer would NEVER be called Jen, because she didn't like the name "Jen"...It's literally what everyone calls her.

I have a tendency to like old/unusual names like Sebastian...which makes everyone look at me like I'm crazy. I've already decided if FI and I decide to have a kid in the future, we're not sharing name options!
    My name is Jennifer and I get called Jenny or Jen whether I want people to or not.

When I was a kid my parents nicknamed me Jenny and I picked that as my preferred form of addressat my 5th grade teacher's request when another girl in my class was also named Jennifer and she wanted us to be called by different names. And sometime in my 20s I switched to Jen since people were just calling me that anyway.

I have never gone by Jenna though, because although my mom has called me that a few times, my best friend's name when I was a kid was also Jennifer (not the one in my class) and she was nicknamed Jenna. We were firm with our families about not using the same nickname, so I didn't think of myself as Jenna and still don't identify with that nickname.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards